• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Seyren

Star Wars Battlefront: "Dear Galaxy"

18 posts in this topic

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/dear-galaxy

Latest news of Battlefront, for those who don't want to read the whole crap, they are saying they have a mode called Fighter Squadron, where it will be a large scale battle of fighters(isntead of space battles i guess).

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/598974882941169665

And that they'll reveal gameplay on on June 15th

So they're "hugs fans" of Star Wars Battlefront yet they're going to take out space battles and ability to fly ship to ship boarding enemy carriers and taking them out yeah some fans.

Ysnar likes this

Ew. This is starting to look like a battlefield clone.

We won't know until June 15th i guess, then we can fully jugde the game and hopefully be better than what we expect.

Dane2hip48 likes this

The marketing for this game so far is horrible.

Seriously, whoever thought it was a good idea to show a pointless "Game Engine" trailer instead of actual gameplay and telling everyone that they've removed pretty much half of the content Battlefront 1 had should get fired. They made it sound like they are being lazy and playing it safe. No storymode, no space battles, no Clone Wars era, only 12 maps and 4-5 planets day one, and they call that the "True Battlefront experience"? Only a complete tool would defend that shit.

If the gameplay doesn't blow me away and if the Beta for it (which you know they have to do) isn't good, then DICE would've officially lost any support I had for them with Star Wars.

Crazycrab likes this

Here is a compareison with REASONS with someone thinking about it. Not just specualting and thinking its fact.

http://imgur.com/uHhy5mT

Also i rather have space battle be introduced VIA a DLC at this point to give it more time to be polished and working vs it being rushed out. DIsney didnt give DICE alot of time with this cause they want it out with the movie so focusing on one aspect before release THEN finishing up the rest and releaseing it later as DLC does suck that we have to pay more but i rather pay for a complete polished mode then dissapoint with a half assed one relased with the game.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/dear-galaxy

Latest news of Battlefront, for those who don't want to read the whole crap, they are saying they have a mode called Fighter Squadron, where it will be a large scale battle of fighters(isntead of space battles i guess).

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/598974882941169665

And that they'll reveal gameplay on on June 15th

EA, Dice, allow me to show how much I care:

The marketing for this game so far is horrible.

If its as bad as we think it is, this game's marketing will be studied in universities as how not to market a product.  They committed hype seppku by starting with the things that are not in the game... its as if they're selling you a car, but they start off by listing all the stuff that's not in it.  When you advertise something, you emphasize the things that are available and make your product unique/worth buying... not the other way round.

Also i rather have space battle be introduced VIA a DLC at this point to give it more time to be polished

Unacceptable imo.... because this is Star Wars for crying out loud...  Its set in space!  This is the epitome of what's wrong with DLC.  It was a great concept that was laughed off at first, like the Horse Armor DLC... but adding a space mode to a Star Wars game through DLC?

This is like saying Battlefield 5 will feature ground battles, but will add the ability to fly planes via DLC.  Or a Warhammer 40k game where you can't play as a space marine unless you have the DLC.

DIsney didnt give DICE alot of time with this cause they want it out with the movie so focusing on one aspect before release THEN finishing up the rest and releaseing it later as DLC does suck that we have to pay more

This is the idea that has to change.  So what if Disney didn't give DICE a lot of time? It was their conscious and deliberate decision to do so and they're the ones to blame, its their fault and we're not accountable for their mistake.  We don't have to give them a penny until they get their act together and make a legit battlefront game.

Laserrifle125 and GLXLynx like this

I am actually not looking forward to this game. They will have to come up with something special. 

Ysnar likes this

What more can you expect from EA fucking things up with a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin slapped over it? Doesn't look very enticing to me at all.

Ysnar likes this

Game journalism sites aren''t helping either... rather than making calls, doing interviews and finding out why so many features are missing... its clickbait galore over here:

tumblr_nnw22mnUSl1slik4to1_1280.jpg

Maybe if they spent less time focusing on making things look "pretty" and more on the actual gameplay, we might actually have something more akin to a legit SWB title. PS2 did just fine with it, I refuse to accept how such a big name company with plenty of money to throw around and with all these advances in technology, could have such a huge difficult time making something that should, at the very least, be "similar" to the original experience that the series had crafted over the years for its fans.

This is 2015, I expect to see a Battlefront 3 that offers 50vs50 WITH Space Battles that let you actually command a Star Destroyer and maneuver it for a much more dynamic combat experience, interactive environments complete with vehicles and all the A.I. Bots you can possibly imagine to further drive the point home that you're on a legitimate "Battlefront" in the midst of this galactic war raging across multiple planets. If that means graphics have to suffer? So be it, I could care less. Hell, lets bump it down to SWB2 graphics from the PS2, I could care less, so long as they were to do all the other crazy amazing shit that just simply was not possible years ago.

Ysnar likes this

Hell, lets bump it down to SWB2 graphics from the PS2, I could care less, so long as they were to do all the other crazy amazing shit that just simply was not possible years ago.

The Free Radical version of Battlefront 3 almost fits your description.  Would be hilarious if the alpha build was publicly leaked and then, somehow, miraculously worked on by the community to optimize and complete it... in defiance of the upcoming battelfront rip off.

The fans might need to do that. If for no other reason than to get the point across to these companies.

Part of me wishes the industry would suffer a major shift in power and focus, and the major players like all our favorites like Ubisoft, EA and Activision would find themselves implode and just bomb out. And in the aftermath of all this chaos, a series of smaller companies appear more geared towards specialization with a greater emphasis on quality products and innovation in the gameplay experience.

To restore balance to the Force... (Yes, I am very cheesy)

Ysnar likes this

Unacceptable imo.... because this is Star Wars for crying out loud... Its set in space! This is the epitome of what's wrong with DLC. It was a great concept that was laughed off at first, like the Horse Armor DLC... but adding a space mode to a Star Wars game through DLC?

This is like saying Battlefield 5 will feature ground battles, but will add the ability to fly planes via DLC. Or a Warhammer 40k game where you can't play as a space marine unless you have the DLC.

I read that the most the DLC will be free so I means there's that

I have mixed feelings about this. I think one of the main problem is that there seems to be a lot of speculation about the game and we haven't heard a great deal about the game from the devs themselves (correct me if i am wrong). So naturally people are going to start speculating, but i agree if there are no space battles that will suck major, even the SWTOR has some form of pvp space battles, whether they plan on introducing them in DLC i dont know but really imo it should be the base of the game. Before I start believing all the speculation i will wait until their E3 showing and see what the crack is then.

I'll wait till the game is out, but EA has done nothing to inspire confidence in this project for me.

Ysnar likes this

Honestly I don't believe it.  Battlefront 1 and 2 had massive battles.  Battlefront 2's XL mode could have almost 70-140 or more people per team at a time on the battlefield.  Dice gives us 20 vs. 20 on supposedly larger maps than before.  Why is there no single player campaign-WHY!?  Ya, I know the campaign of the Battlefront series aren't top shelf.  Walkers on rails to prevent enemy team from stealing it?  Look back to Battlefront 1 and 2.  Solution: Enemies can't get into command walkers.  Common DICE-I'd wait another 2 years if it meant space battles and a campaign.   :(  :( :(    Hopefully, some of what I said is lies.

...Although so, I still admire the work they are putting into the environments and the authenticity of the characters and weapons.