• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Mad Max Fury Road movie review. That's it 2015 movies, this is your king!

20 posts in this topic

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the best video game movie of all time. It's the unofficial Twisted Metal + RAGE movie that has never existed before, and I'm glad it does now!

mad-max-fury-road-poster2.jpgOH YEAH IT IS A LOVELY DAY ALRIGHT!

If anyone don't know who Mad Max is, he's the guy that gave birth to the image of "post apocalyptic badass". His costume in the second movie, Road Warrior, is so iconic that even Kenshiro from Fist of the Northstar and the main characters in the Fallout series uses it. That's right. Those are Max's.

MM_Mel_dog.jpg

hokutonokenkenshiro_2077.jpg

fallout-3-poster-art.jpeg

So about this movie, it takes place in the middle of the first and the second movie. Max was captured by these gangs of bald white powdered people called the War Boys, who strangely enough looks a lot like the first enemy type of the game RAGE. 

rage-4.jpg

289A31D900000578-3079075-image-a-24_1431

Which is funny because RAGE copied Mad Max. 

So while Max was captured, the War Boy's boss, a long haired old man Sweet Tooth without the clown nose:

220463-tm.jpg

Mad_max_fury_road_immortan_joe_by_maltia

wanted to transport milk that comes from.... ugh..... fat as a pig women's titty milk.... EUUUUUUUUWWWW.

So the entire gang, along with Max and his top general Furiosa, the badass girl everyone in reviews are talking about, goes to transport that titty milk. AND THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME.

Let's talk about Max here, played by Tom Hardy aka Bane. He's quite badass in this movie just like Max was in the past. He's a no nonsense guy that's completely traumatized by the events from the first movie, halucinating at complete random, and you can see that clearly throughout the movie. Too bad he doesn't use his iconic sawed off shotgun in this movie. He wields it in 1 scene and afterwards he uses pistols. And THAT IS NOT AN AUSSIE ACCENT! What kind of accent is that?

Furiosa in this movie is a great character. She kicks so much ass in this movie and it can be said that this movie's more about her story than Max's. But as much of a badass as she is, she's not the best female character in the movie. Ohoho far from it. The best female characters in the movie are the kickass old ladies that helps Max and Furiosa late in the movie. A whole bunch of them. These 60 - 70 year old grannies are awesome! Still fit as if they're still young, and they seriously did all that crazy stuff in the movie behind the scenes! I salute these women for making old people look good!

The bad guys are also pretty good. All of them from old Sweet Tooth, the guy that yells "WHAT A LOVELY DAY!" in the movie, and even this old man that's crazy about guns. ALL of them chew the scenery every single time they are on screen. It truly is a sight to behold.

Other than the great characters, this movie...... is so full of testosterone that it's...... Let me just show you one of the best parts about this movie.

guitarguy.jpeg

There you go. I don't even need to add anything to this. 

Every action sequence in this movie is just straight out of a match of the PS3 Twisted Metal. IT'S INSANE! Beautiful explosions everywhere, cars flying, bodies falling, WOW. And you know what's funny about the whole thing? Even though there's TONS of explosions in this movie, IT'S NOT A MICHAEL BAY FILM. The action scenes are so well coreographed that when you see explosions, it makes sense! Not like Transformers where it just always explodes for no reason every 30 seconds! And there's almost no CGI involved. Everything in this movie is all practical and you can tell that these are real people and cars flying everywhere across the screen, something that action movies of the past has been MISSING. The Raid 2 from last year and this movie are shining examples on how to do action scenes right.

Every single vehicles have their own custom parts characteristics to them, and it's as if these cars are from Twisted Metal. In fact, it's so much like that game, that if this movie's characters are changed to characters from that game, this will definitely be the best video game to movie adaptation ever!

And lastly, the soundtrack of this movie. OH MY GOD!!!! IT JUST MAKES EVERY SINGLE SCENE SOOO MUCH BETTER!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8lebbgyopg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQBnlWAMq_Q

Without these amazing songs, the game, ahem, I mean the movie will not be as fantastic as it is. I love it so much that I'm going to download them!

The only things that I don't like in this movie is the milking scene of the fatass girls. And that one of the action scene where Max destroys one of the bad guys in the movie is completely off screen. Oh well. There's going to be that scene in the dvd so I'll wait for it.

Best movie of 2015 so far, and definitely best video game to movie adaptation ever based on Twisted Metal. Even better than the Avengers Age of Ultron. If you don't watch this movie and you're an action movie fan, you're missing out on a fantastic movie. I give this movie the rating of "WHAT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!!"

9.8 out of 10, but due to rounding, 10 OUT OF 10! With a badass seal of approval. 

BadAss_AJS_flat_KablooieXL.png?9d7bd4

If this took place between Mad Max and Road Warrior then where did max get another Interceptor. It is comfirmed in Road Warrior that Max had the last Interceptor and it gets destroyed which is why in Thunderdome it is non existent but that is me being picky. I honestly loved this movie going as far as debating to spend 18 dollars to see the movie in 4d dbox just to see how the experiance is. I completely agree with you that this is prob going to be one of the best movies to come out this year with people including myself saying they rather go see this another time than go see Avengers 2. This is going to get more sequals no doubt and I can not wait as a Mad Max fan this is honestly something I am so glad was good and not some of the remake garbage that some people throw out for a quick buck. Also i can not wait for the game

If this took place between Mad Max and Road Warrior then where did max get another Interceptor. 

There's plenty of car parts he can use to fix his Interceptor. Or he'll steal another one. It'll be in more detail in the game later.

Yep, still a fantastic movie.

Already the best damn movie of the summer of 2015.

Dude there is no way he could of fixed his interceptor from this movie or from Road Warrior infact that is why you never see it after Road Warrior. As for parts i really doubt he would magically come across whole new cars like the interceptor even if he did piece them together

The only thing I find wrong is that you state the movie takes place inbetween Mad Max and Road Warrior, to which I have yet to find any form of source that says that is where it takes place. Until I see a source, I believe it takes place after Thunderdome though how he got the interceptor back when he lost it in Thunderdome I have no clue.

Anycase I find it hard to believe due to the fact the Interceptor is destroyed in Fury Road and it was one of the last ones in existence. That car would not be salvagable after what happened in Fury Road.  In the game that is coming out it wasn't destroyed rather taken which is why he has to go make a new car and right now I'm just assuming the game is some form of prequel or alternate timeline. So at least that would explain why he still has the interceptor in the movie if the game is a prequel.

Other then that, yeah going to go see this movie again, one of those rare movies where you have to see it at least once in theaters.

Actually it can't take place till after Road Warrior because it is kinda cannon that there is no radiation of mutations till after Road Warrior.

Revisit. Oho, so even he doesn't know when this movie takes place. That's funny!

Now it's clear. It definitely has to take place after the first movie. He said it's a reboot or revisit so I'm saying this is the alternate universe take of Road Warrior. 

Only 1 thing can clarify what happens to the car afterwards: extended ending scene + deleted scene. Better wait for the dvd. It has to be patched up for the sequel since in the movie, he never even use it or kick ass in it. And he didn't even use his iconic sawed off shotgun. Sequel needs to make Max the hero again!

Max has never been a hero he is just a dude who wonders around doing stuff in order to survive.

If he's just a dude wondering around to survive, he could have easily join the enemy sides in each movies. Nah, he's a hero. He just doesn't want anyone to know that he cares. Like Han Solo and Geralt from Witcher 3.......

smiley_grin.png

Excuse me while I continue to dig deep to the hundreds of sidequests in this game and will most likely never play another game again until Arkham Knight.

If you looks at it in the first movie that is the closest he is to a hero but realizes that there is no point in the MFP which if you look is kinda shown to be true in Road Warrior or the fact in Thunderdome they are not even talked about and people are shocked Max use to be a cop. Road Warrior the only reason why he didn't go with Humungus is the fact that he thought he could get free gas by turning in a dead body which results in most of the group originally hating him then when he tries to leave when he does something to get gas Humugus blows up his interceptor resulting with him basically being stuck in the situation. Infact you can say the reason why he drives the truck is because they openly admit only 2 people can and the other person is too injured to do it properly. Thunderdome is him being backstabbed by Tina Turner, finding a group of kids and realizing he can not get on the plane. In this movie you can easily tell he is just trying to get out of a bad situation. Honestly you need to go back and watch each movie and you will easily see again that he is not that good of a guy infact if you look most people claim that Wez was in Road Warrior to show what Max would become if he actually kept up his ways.

He can just let the injured driver drive it since it's just a decoy truck and run with the other civilians, but he's still helping out knowing that it'll probably kill him. 

He's helping those children fly off to Sydney and sacrifice himself for their sake.

And for Fury Road, if he is just trying to get out of a bad situation, then why did he help out Furiosa in the end? He can just say "I've done my part, goodbye" and just leave her since she already got what she wanted. Instead he proposed the idea to help those people in the Citadel that Sweet Tooth owns and give a dying Furiosa his own blood to save her. That's a hero right there.

He saves the day in the end for the people he helped. If that happens, then a character is a hero. Not a traditional one, but one of those "Everyone will hate me, but I'll still help" kind. Selfish at first, but he helps out when it counts. Not like those ones that always backstabs people for his own needs everytime and nobody likes him till the end.

That last sentence describes Max in Road Warrior to a t. He litterally comes in trying to get gas off a deal he made with a dude who died makes another deal to get gas then when it is fisnished tries to leave but fails so he gets brought back to the group in the refinery. That is when he realizes that he has to help them out if he wants to live and finally does. Road Warrior he is pretty much out for himself throughout the whole course of the movie even falling right into Tina Turners plot to stop Master  Blaster all because he wants his car back. This movie is pretty much the same the only reason why he helps them out is so he can get away from the problem. Infact if you were to describe Max in a character alignment chart he is would fall under chaotic nuetral most of the time where he only cares for himself and will do what he has to.

Are you going to just keep on saying the same thing over and over again?

Yes i will because you claim Max is a hero character when i am describing what he is and what his actual character traits are that don't make him an actual hero character

He can just let the injured driver drive it since it's just a decoy truck and run with the other civilians, but he's still helping out knowing that it'll probably kill him. 

He's helping those children fly off to Sydney and sacrifice himself for their sake.

And for Fury Road, if he is just trying to get out of a bad situation, then why did he help out Furiosa in the end? He can just say "I've done my part, goodbye" and just leave her since she already got what she wanted. Instead he proposed the idea to help those people in the Citadel that Sweet Tooth owns and give a dying Furiosa his own blood to save her. That's a hero right there.

He saves the day in the end for the people he helped. If that happens, then a character is a hero. Not a traditional one, but one of those "Everyone will hate me, but I'll still help" kind. Selfish at first, but he helps out when it counts. Not like those ones that always backstabs people for his own needs everytime and nobody likes him till the end.

Road Warrior if he did not drive that truck everybody would of easily died including himself so him going on the bus which would of got caught up to if he did not drive the big rig would of easily would of been more risky than him no driving it. Also one could say at the end he basically takes everything away from Humungus who him and his gang caused max alot of trouble. 

In Thunderdome the only reason why he does not get on the plane himself is if he doesn't stop the massive group chasing them they would all be killed. Also some could argue he is trying to get back at Aunty Entitiy who used him like a puppet every part she was in in the movie.

Fury Road honestly could come down to him doing 1 last favor to a person who he formed a bond with and didn't want to see waste her life on a quest.

just because you decide to help people at the end of a movie does not make you a hero

That's all just personal preference. If you think he isn't a hero, sure! Why not. I think he's an anti hero who's rough and selfish at first but is ultimately a good guy in the end and that's what I think. You repeating the same thing over and over and over again that I already know will not change what I think.

It's like this for example: you like Kanye West because you think he's a unique musician. I don't like him because he's a scumbag piece of shit. Telling me his positives over and over again and not minding his shitty attitude will not change my mind about him being a cocky shithead that thinks he's better than everyone else. And that's alright. There are things that can generate a split reaction anyway and that's fine.

Now then, to shift the subject, what's your favorite action moment in this movie?

I agree with Max being a classic example of a Anti Hero character. But this movie has too many scenes that i loved to limit it but I have to see the one I was like omg they did this so right was when he took out the dude from bullet town. It kept that sense of mystery and made Max coming back with all that stuff so much more bad ass.

I actually want to see what Max did to the guy. Max needs more screen time than what he has in the movie. Deleted scene time! 

My favorite is the final chase scene. Pure action insanity at it's finest. Quite similar to Road Warrior but a lot2 more awesome.