• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Robz Gamez

why do AJSA members don't come on to the teamspeak channels?

18 posts in this topic

I've being seeing a lot of AJSA members playing the same games that the ajsa teamspeak channels has to offer but they don't come on to the teamspeak channels to play with other members. I mean I can understand if people wanted to play alone and also got a jobs to do in there life and stuff like that it completely fine but the annoying part is seeing members playing the games that the AJSA teamspeak channel has for people to hangout have fun.

nickyzhere likes this

I agree..

Sort of.

Sometimes people just want to play alone for a bit, and that's something that people are allowed to do..

Also this is an odd place to post this lol.

Robz Gamez likes this

yeah I know that is why I said on the topic I understand that people wanted to play alone switch is ok everybody can do that

I don't go in because I have no mic for a start, my old faithful broke when I was moving and if it wasn't bad for the ozone I would give it a viking funeral. But I will be getting one in a while as I plan to dedicate my whole life and reason for living to star citizen...

Robz Gamez likes this

I don't go in because i have no mic, since my pc can't pick one up at all. People tend to forget about people who use text chat over there. So i don't bother anymore.

Robz Gamez likes this

Well... we are in the early part of the exam season.  So there will be a significant shortage of TS users and players in guild events.  Hopefully the numbers will pick up by late June/early July.

Team speak population has been down since battlefield 4 slowly died down. It isnt just exams and what not something is holding people back from coming onto team speak. Either it be they dont want to or theirs a lack of a community going on. From my OPINION it just seems people dont care anymore to even bother with this community and its team speak because games are being rushed into the support section without a huge following to back it up. If you look at all the supported games on the team speak almost all of them are empty maybe 1 or 2 games has some people in it but not many. I posted this message in the league of legends section when they asked why their was no one interested in going to the meetings.  I think the structure Joe is using needs a huge over haul yes he reviews games and goes through them quickly and thats what your going to expect from the community they are just going to play whatever joe is playing at the time. 

Like even the freaking world of warcraft channel is empty!! think about that haha.....

Robz Gamez likes this

... reviews games and goes through them quickly...

This might have been an issue before, when Joe used to review multiple games and you would see this tsunami of people who join the AJSA just to play with Joe... and then leave once they realize they can't.  This was seen with BF3, BF4, Rust, GOI, Planetside 2, ESO and others, their TS channels would have people in it almost 24/7.  But now, not only has Joe reduced the frequency of reviews, he does promotional videos, let's plays, streams and movie reviews/commentary too... so you won't see this trend happening anymore.

Clarity: Even though having a lot of people on TS sound like a good idea, it actually brought more trouble than it was worth.

I've been getting lazy about plugging my headset in.

Ysnar likes this

This might have been an issue before, when Joe used to review multiple games and you would see this tsunami of people who join the AJSA just to play with Joe... and then leave once they realize they can't.  This was seen with BF3, BF4, Rust, GOI, Planetside 2, ESO and others, their TS channels would have people in it almost 24/7.  But now, not only has Joe reduced the frequency of reviews, he does promotional videos, let's plays, streams and movie reviews/commentary too... so you won't see this trend happening anymore.

Clarity: Even though having a lot of people on TS sound like a good idea, it actually brought more trouble than it was worth.

I actually think its good the team speak is full its the job of the mods to keep the people in line that's what YOUR JOB IS FOR. I am not here to bash you or any mod but come on look at the state of this community and the team speak its basically dead and has turned into a deserted town. I was here when Joe was playing BF4 and when he was not. The team speak was full for a few months after Joe stopped playing because it had a huge following and Joe spent a bit more time playing that specific game. This "oh lets put up a vote to try and support this game" system does not work look at the channels open your eyes this community needs a new system over haul! and the team speak has been dead like this for months....

just a quick edit

i looked up the roster and its starts from page 1 to 2800....i am on team speak right now we have a max of 40 people on which isn't bad but isn't good considering their is freaking over 2800 PAGES of members that's 56040 members which is barely 0.1 percent that uses team speak. Yes i understand people just joined to try and play with Joe and people lost interest in the community or whatever but these numbers are staggering....

I actually think its good the team speak is full its the job of the mods to keep the people in line that's what YOUR JOB IS FOR. I am not here to bash you or any mod but come on look at the state of this community and the team speak its basically dead and has turned into a deserted town. I was here when Joe was playing BF4 and when he was not. The team speak was full for a few months after Joe stopped playing because it had a huge following and Joe spent a bit more time playing that specific game. This "oh lets put up a vote to try and support this game" system does not work look at the channels open your eyes this community needs a new system over haul! and the team speak has been dead like this for months....

just a quick edit

i looked up the roster and its starts from page 1 to 2800....i am on team speak right now we have a max of 40 people on which isn't bad but isn't good considering their is freaking over 2800 PAGES of members that's 56040 members which is barely 0.1 percent that uses team speak. Yes i understand people just joined to try and play with Joe and people lost interest in the community or whatever but these numbers are staggering....

While you raise some valid points, such a possible overhaul (though that is up to the leadership)... or at least an overhaul that provides an incentive for the player to come back and play while on TS (even if they're just listening in).

I'd like to point out that trying to use the number of forum accounts isn't a really accurate method of quantifying how many active members there are.  If you insist on using forum accounts, then look at how many forum accounts have logged in, for instance, the last week.  From what I've heard, the highest TS numbers were somewhere between about 1000-2000 members, not more.

I lived alot on the TS when i played BF4 alot, sadly i played from the beginning and the TS was disturbing and borderline disgusting sometimes, for like 2 weeks i just muted the mic most of the time.

Gladly alot of the bad folk went, but sadly far more active players went too while this went on.

I dont bother with ajsa TS anymore mostly cos i dont have any interest in playing w/e is popular atm cos joes playing it. I wont touch ESO BF4 just aint fun now theyve given up all pretense at fighting hackers. which leaves the rare occasions i play SWTOR but finding players from ajsa to be online is nigh on impossible.

When a decent MP game comes along again that i want to try playing with the ajsa again ill have TS on as much as possible as i did before, but till then i can only assume those like me that use it alot, arent using it for the ajsa cos they dont feel much reason to.

Not sure if that was a rant or my 2 cents but thats my exp and insight on the OP matter.

When i played EVE religously 90% of the time was just chatting and so on so i get that part, but most ppl are shy or worried about talking on TS thats why youll get more ppl typing on twitch than talking on TS. Glad i grew up in the north, we dont give two craps :) we just wanna play.

you cannot force people to come on TS

and sadly it appear that the AJSA is mostly comprised of solo gamers or people looking for joe

since the TS is useless for both categories we get the low population we have

As much as I like playing games with other people, I think I don't normally use my mic because every time I do I'm bombarded with people who sound like they're 12 and won't let me just sit back and enjoy the game. Not that that is how AJSA's TS servers are, but it's common enough outside to make me think twice about chatting.

The funny thing is I joined the AJSA to make friends with like-minded gamers and so far have only played a little StarCraft 2 with some EU members, which was fun. There are good people here that I enjoy talking to on the forums, but just haven't gotten around to actually playing any games with them because when it comes right down to it I'm more of a solo player.

I don't use it because A. I'm Australian so the amount of games being played where ping isn't an issue is miniscule, and B. because even then most games that can be played with high ping are rarely played with by others. Mind you B is a destructive cycle, no one goes on cuz no one is on cuz no one goes on. >.<

well i have an idea if joe's going to ditch his community then we should start be independent and start supporting the games that we like

I don't use it because A. I'm Australian so the amount of games being played where ping isn't an issue is miniscule, and B. because even then most games that can be played with high ping are rarely played with by others. Mind you B is a destructive cycle, no one goes on cuz no one is on cuz no one goes on. >.<

well i feel sry for u