• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Somber-chan

Splatoon, fun at first, not much staying power.

10 posts in this topic

I hate to hate on the second game I've ever bought for my near empty wii-u library but splatoon has been kind of...disappointing.

The single player is ok, the game is fun and colorful over all but it's got only one multiplayer mode. It's also IMPOSSIBLE to join a friends game. It does the early bf4 style of joining where you have to HOPE AND PRAY a slot is open. Every time I've tried it put me in a lobby  waiting for an empty slot to open up and every time I  the friends slot when they left.

Also multiplayer is literally just the one game mode. Albeit, it's done well but it get's real boring, real quick.
it would be infitinly more fun if I could join any of the friends that have the game, but newp.

Nother thing that bugs me is that if you aren't using the paint roller, you might has well set the controller down and do something else while you get steam rolled. it touches the enemy, they insta-die, the get hit by the tiniest of splashes from it, they die. I get Nintendo is about them unbalanced wins but geez.  

Was just wondering if anyone else felt the same, or if it was just me.

Honestly, unless they add something soon, I'm already done with the game. Beat single, and the novelty of the 1 mode multiplayer has worn off.
I mean if I were allowed to play with my friends, which is impossible to do right now, it would be a different story.

YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID KILL YOUR PARENTS YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID

The game has had a couple of updates and at least there's a new game mode available now. Ranked seems to be better than unranked, although you still occasionally get some bullshit matchups.

YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID KILL YOUR PARENTS YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID

Tbh, i never understood why people even remotely liked this game. It's just another boring kid-friendly Nintendo excuse for a shooter. Maybe they just made it so they could add some new characters to the next SSB game...

splatoon is  a good game but not a very good game.

its simply too expensive. should not cost more than 40$; dont know why nintendo selling it for 60$ via amazon.

60$ is a AAA 9/10 game or even a special box edition.

8/10 for splatoon!

Maybe they just made it so they could add some new characters to...

amiibo :blink:

k2-_90c48a93-3405-45da-9ea3-7faba551a5ee

Neon Gopher likes this

I do admit, had a similar experience myself. What surprised me the most about Splatoon, however, was the lack of local multiplayer. I mean Nintendo has made dozens of multiplayer centric games before, at least on in every one of its major franchises save for Donkey Kong, and the focus has always been local over online. But with Splatoon there's no competitive local multiplayer of any kind, and to me that's both odd and disappointing.

Now I don't know what they've got in store for the game, but it sure would be nice to have something along those lines. Hell I'd be happy to fight bots for absolutely no reward if it meant doing so with someone I know for once. 

If that and the lack of game modes weren't bad enough, there's the whole Amiibo debacle. I know that's more of a community problem, but the needless lack of supply is doing more harm than good to their reputation and feeding the onslaught of scalpers taking advantage of the limited market. 

All in all, it just feels like the game's potential has been mishandled and squandered. Or is it just me?

The game needs more objective based modes more maps and more customisation on characters beyond shirts and skin colour. 

How about fun things like player housing like that room on the opening screen, to nab collectables, streak medals, awards etc etc?

Nintendo have proved with Smash and Mario Kart that they are committed to supporting big titles like this, so I would expect to see more from them in the future to support Splatoon. 

As it is now I can see why people drop off (hell, I did) but the same is true of Mario Kart and Smash to a certain extent.

Completely agree that there should have been better local multplayer support thought. No 4v4 WTF?

Overlal I would say we need MORE games like Splatoon though not less. There are enough COD and Battlefields around thankyouverymuch and at least Splatoon did something different.

A capture the flag type of game could've been fun too with the swim mechanics of the game. Just use a zapfish instead of cloth on a stick and have the defending team spawn faster to keep the tension high.

I do like the idea of room customization, however.

Winnum likes this