• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

XCOM 2 Announced

12 posts in this topic

Last week, 2K teased us with a cryptic website: AdventFuture.org. On it, a supposedly utopian near-future government called the Advent Administration offered a better life for citizens through genetic enhancement, while hackers subversively replaced text and images revealing that Advent isn’t as benevolent as it seems.

adventinarticle.jpg

Today, IGN First officially announces that the game 2K hinted at is in fact Firaxis Games’ XCOM2, a full sequel to 2012’s critically acclaimed XCOM: Enemy Unknown and a continuation of the now 20-year-old legendary turn-based tactical squad combat series, which will be available exclusively on PC this November. Watch the debut trailer above for a glimpse into a future where the aliens are in control of the Earth, and XCOM has gone underground to fight to overthrow their Advent government. This new guerrilla force will face more powerful enemies in unpredictable combat scenarios as they fight to turn the tables on a technologically superior enemy.

Source ---> http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/01/xcom-2-announced-ign-first

So it turns out, DamionRayne already beat me to it with a post about this game lol

Here is his post ---> http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/28919-xcom-2-wooooo/#entry300637

Edited by BleedingChaos23

Saw this from a mile away. Knew right all along this was a new XCOM.

Feel bad for the people that thought this was a new Bioshock or a new IP.

, baronrouker and Ixnatifual like this

I am a little bit disappointed that this will be a PC exclusive (as I am primarily a console gamer), but more XCOM is awesome!!! I have spent hundreds of hours with Enemy Unknown/Within!

I am a little bit disappointed that this will be a PC exclusive (as I am primarily a console gamer), but more XCOM is awesome!!! I have spent hundreds of hours with Enemy Unknown/Within!

Not really surprised. Firaxis rarely makes console games.

Not really surprised. Firaxis rarely makes console games.

I know, but it actually worked really well on console, which I find surprising. I can see a console edition 6+ months after the PC launch.

Yeah, it didnt come as a surprise. Evidence was already found on that Advent homepage.

The XCOM motto "Vigilo Confido" was hidden on it somewhere, and someone found it. Was posted on reddit.

But yes, more X-COM is more than welcome. My only problem now, is the boner this teaser gave me, will last until November....

Also nice to see more old aliens coming back. But that snakeman... was a snake woman? The armor design seemed to fit a female torso.

likes this

I know, but it actually worked really well on console, which I find surprising. I can see a console edition 6+ months after the PC launch.

Yep, I had t both on consle and PC. Although it seemed a lot smoother to play on PC, IIRC. The framerate was lower on the console, but not a huge deal in a turn-based game.

Also... Procedurally generated levels?! Yaaaah! :D

Now that's what you call futuristic!

My older brother is an old school X-Com player and introduced the original games to me at a young age. Played the new one recently and I am happy that Firaxis fixed the problems that were in the original, Can't wait to get XCOM 2 when I get my new pc (Hopefully this summer)