• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dark Souls 3 Announced at E3

41 posts in this topic

Dark Souls 3 might be announced at E3 later this month.

This rumor is according to an unnamed source speaking to VG247, who states that the announcement may come the evening of June 15th during Sony's E3 press conference.

Nothing is confirmed yet, though the news would surely be welcomed by many.

Source ---> http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/02/dark-souls-3-could-be-announced-at-e3

EDIT: Thanks to Stick, here is a video from The Know (FunHaus) about some recent leaked screenshots!

EDIT 2: Check out the trailer below, courtesy of argetlam350!

I know many who wouldn't mind a Dark Souls 3 BUT if they do decide to go down the route of another story in the Dark Souls universe, they need to do something new with the story. I didn't mind Dark Souls 2 story the twist ending was interesting, showing that no matter the choice in the first game, be it kindling the flame or being the Dark Lord, leads to the same outcome, that the cycle restarts eventually, the old souls finding new hosts and a new chosen undead must come forth to bring in a new age. The issue is I don't want to see that again in a third game. Even if Souls games are not known for their story, they still need to do something else with it rather then have it be another, oh the cycle continued, especially after they added in the Scholar of the First Sin ending where you reject the choice that was in the first game (which is represented by the Throne of Want in the second game). Basically if this becomes true I'm hoping something focused around the First Sin ending rather then just the cycle restarting again.

Also better boss designs with more variety. The Vanilla bosses all felt one and the same with few memorable ones, with the Crown Trilogy being what brought much needed variety (minus the challenge area bosses). Also needs less call back armor sets and weapons. It was cool but I felt there were to many armor sets that came over just for the sake of coming over for no reason along with a few weapons though this is more of an issue with the armor sets really.

I would much honestly prefer a new world entirely rather then have a Dark Souls 3 (or at least change the name, I hate the number plastered at the end). Perhaps it's just a minor thing that bugs me, I mean they can still have it in the same universe but change the name, especially if it does come after the Scholar of the First Sin ending since it would have an entirely different set of rules since the cycle would be broken.

Id like dark souls to explore whats on those other giant world tree things that you see when you travel all the way down to that area i forgot the name of with the 2nd hydra

I also hope they make the world seamless like dark souls 1 instead of artificially so like in 2

I would much honestly prefer a new world entirely rather then have a Dark Souls 3 (or at least change the name, I hate the number plastered at the end). Perhaps it's just a minor thing that bugs me, I mean they can still have it in the same universe but change the name, especially if it does come after the Scholar of the First Sin ending since it would have an entirely different set of rules since the cycle would be broken.

I agree with you, but if they were to go back to the same universe, I would like to see it set in a different time, sort of like what they did for Bloodborne with its Victorian-esk setting.

I loved Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne didn't grip me like DS2 did however.

I'd gladly buy Dark Souls 3 though.

I dont rly care about dark souls 3 i hope bethesda will say something about TES 6(i know the chances are low but i still hope)

I dont rly care about dark souls 3 i hope bethesda will say something about TES 6(i know the chances are low but i still hope)

Bethesda has nothing to do with Dark Souls! lol

Bethesda has nothing to do with Dark Souls! lol

i know but dark souls and the elder scrolls are similar so what i wanted to say is that i prefer a new TES game instead of new dark souls

i know but dark souls and the elder scrolls are similar so what i wanted to say is that i prefer a new TES game instead of new dark souls

The only comparison is the fact that they are both fantasy, but that is it..........everything else is pretty much completely different! lol

Also since they just announced Fallout 4, I'd say that chances for a TES 6 announcement this year is now completely zero.

likes this

The only comparison is the fact that they are both fantasy, but that is it..........everything else is pretty much completely different! lol

Whatever, he would just prefer TES VI presumably, just like I would.

But heck, I played so much DS2 that I got Souled out. Ha! Not trying to make a joke really, all im saying is that I got burnt out on it enough to want the 3rd one already. This is great news OP, of course I know its not confirmed but, still, good to jump on the site and see this. Obligatory Praise the Sun!

Bleeding I would suggest changing your title to be much more accurate to what has come out. Enjoy.

likes this

Well I don't know if we should exactly change anything, this still hasn't been entirely comfirmed though granted this new info basically gets us putting the nail into the coffin as more then likely being true but you never know.

Ugh the game looks so nice. I hope these screenshots actually live up because I know DS2's screenshots surely didn't. The new features also seem pretty cool and I hope we can have more pvp options. 

While this looks promising, never get excited from a single source reporting. If we see other sites backing this up then it's cause for alarm till then, don't get your hopes up. 

It was announced at Microsoft's Conference. Only a trailer unfortunately though so no inforamtion that can comfirm about mechanics that TheKnow talks about but it's now official hopefully the video will be uploaded soon.

EDIT:

So it seems also this will be the final Dark Souls game:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-dark-souls-3-is-the-last-in-the-series?abthid=557f1ea1013926a35c000021

likes this

Some new screenshots:

tumblr_nq01t9a3ea1rn9ge0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq01t9a3ea1rn9ge0o4_1280.jpgtumblr_nq01t9a3ea1rn9ge0o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq01t9a3ea1rn9ge0o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq01t9a3ea1rn9ge0o2_1280.jpg

ALSO-

It has been comfirmed that Hidetaka Miyazaki is the head of this game.

I hope they release this on pc like dark souls 1 and 2 because I prob wont have a ps4 for quite some time

I hope they release this on pc like dark souls 1 and 2 because I prob wont have a ps4 for quite some time

They most likely will eventually.

One big thing I think we need to discuss is the giant. Some are claiming it's the same giant from Dark Souls 2, the Giant Lord, however I think some looking into the matter suggests otherwise. For starters, the Last Giant from Dark Souls 2 was comfirmed to be the Giant Lord as well with the Scholar of the First Sin update. Secondly is the fact the armor the giant is wearing is entirely different from the Giant Lord was wearing along wit the fact the Giant Lord fights with a greatsword while in the trailer this giant weilds a rather large cleaver like weapon. The final piece of evidence is just the fact the giant is seemingly also able to possess fire. Ultimately I think we are dealing with a different giant all together rather then the same one from Dark Souls 2. Though the crown shown I see as potentially being the same crown from the Ivory Crown DLC. Question is why would it remain and the others are not with it?

Speaking of DLC, seeing as how they're already talking about Bloodborne's DLC, it's almost guaranteed that this one will have it too. Also considering how Dark Souls 2 also got a release that also includes all of its DLC, I may just wait for that edition with Dark Souls 3 on the PC.

E3 display:

tumblr_nq1qd3jui21s0d9alo1_1280.jpg

So it definitely seems that doing sacrifices could potentially make unique bonfires so that sacrificing thing The Know said might be true.

This better not be exclusive to that console.