• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

The Witcher 3 Angry Review

21 posts in this topic

And it's up!

After watching it myself, I can safely confirm you can watch the review without any major story spoilers.

Since he mentioned music in the game several times, I really wanna share one of my favorite tracks.

Kaz32 likes this

Guess I know what I need to get later. :) Thank you Joe.

The opening of that video is frighteningly disturbing...

0:37 - 0:44  :mellow:

Seriously, i haven't seen a face that terrifying since...

tumblr_mblappprct1rqg00io6_r1_500.gif

Told ya all before that Joe will give this game a 10. TOLD YA!

For those who wants Joe to review this game as quickly as he can after Witcher 3 is released, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for 1 week. Or 5 days. If the 100+ hours of content that this game have is proven true of course.

What score do you think Joe will give to this game? 8? 9? 10?

If the reports of ths game is true, if the game does indeed have a story that only readers of the novel will fully apreciate and understand what's going on, I'm sure he'll give this game a 9.

But most likely Joe will give this game 10. With a Badass seal of approval either way. Like I'm going to give after most definitely dedicating the rest of May to this game. Myyy PRECIOUSSSSSS:...... I'll wait for you...... Hihehehehahahahaaaaaaaaa!

Losing...... My........ Mind........ From........ Unable....... To...........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiittttt

And it's up!

After watching it myself, I can safely confirm you can watch the review without any major story spoilers.

Since he mentioned music in the game several times, I really wanna share one of my favorite tracks.

Don't forget these amazing songs mate!

Apex Spartan likes this

This game should be played in schools as part of the curriculum.

Game should be placed in some kind of Video Game Hall of Fame.

This game didn't work much for me a launch as it crashed every ten seconds. It was only thanks to an Nvidia patch the next day that i was finally able to play. That said the game is great. My only complain would be that I hope they would make Gwent a little more complex. My Geralt resigned from being a witcher to become a Gwent Duel Master. Honestly if he becomes any better at it he'd become the fucking Twisted Fate and kill monsters with Blue, red and Yellow gwent cards. 

Apex Spartan likes this

This game didn't work much for me a launch as it crashed every ten seconds. It was only thanks to an Nvidia patch the next day that i was finally able to play. That said the game is great. My only complain would be that I hope they would make Gwent a little more complex. My Geralt resigned from being a witcher to become a Gwent Duel Master. Honestly if he becomes any better at it he'd become the fucking Twisted Fate and kill monsters with Blue, red and Yellow gwent cards. 

I don't know why so many people had crashes. Since launch I haven't had any crash issues with the game at all, but then I noticed it was only people who played on fully high or ultra graphics. I play at medium so maybe it was that...I don't know. Or maybe it worked better on AMD drivers since I also noticed it was NVIDIA users having most of those crashes lol, it had to be one of those 2 I guess.

Yeah Gwent is way too simple after 1st game, wish they made it more complex and enabled us to do more different things with our cards and make them more unique. I don't even EVER use those weather cards lol, I find them completely useless. If anything, I always have a feeling they put me behind and not just my opponent.

I also wish they changed the UI and let us see as Geralt plays with his opponent, see their animations and so on. Would be more fun and immersive I think. Or add 1st person view of the table and on it somehow add the UI.

Kind of like you can play Poker in FC3, seeing all your opponents

Kyouko Suehara likes this

I don't know why so many people had crashes. Since launch I haven't had any crash issues with the game at all, but then I noticed it was only people who played fully high or ultra graphics. I play at medium so maybe it was that...I don't know.

Yeah Gwent is way too simple after 1st game, wish they made it more complex and enabled us to do more different things with our cards and make them more unique. I don't even EVER use those weather cards lol, I find them completely useless. If anything, I always have a feeling they put me behind and not just my opponent.

I played at Ultra, then it crashed, i tried High, then it stopped crashing frequently and lowered down to once in a while. I am not going below that lol. I use weather cards in combination to the card 'Torch' and reduce all his summons to '1' and burn them all at the same time. But yeah, we need more special cards that do morethan just  the usual 'return card from graveyard and instantly play them' effect.

Apex Spartan likes this

I played at Ultra, then it crashed, i tried High, then it stopped crashing frequently and lowered down to once in a while. I am not going below that lol. I use weather cards in combination to the card 'Torch' and reduce all his summons to '1' and burn them all at the same time. But yeah, we need more special cards that do morethan just  the usual 'return card from graveyard and instantly play them' effect.

Yeah and opponents should get tougher....as soon as you get several special card, you can just beat anyone lol, with super ease.

I mean it makes sense I guess.

the intro

1qXvG79.gif

I'm really glad he didn't talk much about the graphics contreversy. Really gets on my nerves sometimes.

Laserrifle125 likes this

Not sure if anybody experienced the same thing but I experienced a bug in this game with Triss Merrigold's storyline. There's a part where you enter a sewer infested with rats due to corpses being hurled there. The door leading to the place was incredibly small that only one character can pass through. Well what happened for me was that Triss sprinted to the door and stood there, then froze. She basically body blocked me from finishing the quest and I had to reload to an earlier save to fix it. Another where I and Ermion were supposed to engage in jolly cooperation but he didn't move from his initial spot. I guess my point is, it's weird to complain about a little graphics downgrade when there are bigger issues. The game remains beautiful despite that step back and complaining too much about the downgrade seems to serve nothing except attempt to sling mud on the developers.

Apex Spartan likes this

Not sure if anybody experienced the same thing but I experienced a bug in this game with Triss Merrigold's storyline. There's a part where you enter a sewer infested with rats due to corpses being hurled there. The door leading to the place was incredibly small that only one character can pass through. Well what happened for me was that Triss sprinted to the door and stood there, then froze. She basically body blocked me from finishing the quest and I had to reload to an earlier save to fix it. Another where I and Ermion were supposed to engage in jolly cooperation but he didn't move from his initial spot. I guess my point is, it's weird to complain about a little graphics downgrade when there are bigger issues. The game remains beautiful despite that step back and complaining too much about the downgrade seems to serve nothing except attempt to sling mud on the developers.

Damn reading this stuff makes me think how unlucky some people are lmao. Biggest bug I experienced was when Geralt's face dissapeared and he was holding his head in his hand...

Didn't have any game or questbreaking bugs at all (so far)

You installed all the updates?

Damn reading this stuff makes me think how unlucky some people are lmao. Biggest bug I experienced was when Geralt's face dissapeared and he was holding his head in his hand...

Didn't have any game or questbreaking bugs at all (so far)

You installed all the updates?

Yep. Not sure where i buy the nilfgardian armors tho after i installed it.

Apex Spartan likes this

Yep. Not sure where i buy the nilfgardian armors tho after i installed it.

Oh, go to the armorer in Baron's fort. You know where the dwarwen armorer is and his female apprentice? Just on the opposite side of them is a merchant and he sells the Nilfgaardian armor set and crossbow set.

You can't miss him, he is just maybe 10 meters from them.

Oh, go to the armorer in Baron's fort. You know where the dwarwen armorer is and his female apprentice? Just on the opposite side of them is a merchant and he sells the Nilfgaardian armor set and crossbow set.

You can't miss him, he is just maybe 10 meters from them.

Ohhh the quarter master? Okay. I hope the stats are good.

Apex Spartan likes this

Ohhh the quarter master? Okay. I hope the stats are good.

They aren't bad, but not the best armor for later in the game lol

They aren't bad, but not the best armor for later in the game lol

One problem i have with the game is that the gears you craft as in the so called 'Witcher Gear' that are supposed to be the top of the foodchain when it comes to gears are stuck at a low level (Master Crafted Ursine was only at 30), I hope there's a patch for this, I mean bandits are dropping level 53+ swords that outdo my Feline Steel Sword- Mastercrafted by 200+ damage. It makes all that treasure hunting look trivial.

One problem i have with the game is that the gears you craft as in the so called 'Witcher Gear' that are supposed to be the top of the foodchain when it comes to gears are stuck at a low level (Master Crafted Ursine was only at 30), I hope there's a patch for this, I mean bandits are dropping level 53+ swords that outdo my Feline Steel Sword- Mastercrafted by 200+ damage. It makes all that treasure hunting look trivial.

That's why I try not to go for stats too much. I just go for what looks cooler xD

There are just 2 things wrong with this game, that Joe did not mention them:

1) one will generally expend most of the time on act 1, act 2 and 3 felt really short, and act 3, specially act 3 feels a little out of place where it develops its short story, kinda looks like the game is missing a zone. And game is alos kinda missing secondary and contracts for high level when you are on act 3.

2) The character models for the npcs not involved on the main story, it becomes "the clone war" rather fast, as soon someone enter Velen will start noticing it inmidiatelly. Kinda looks like they did the character models for the main npcs and them re-use them for every npc on the world, it starts to bother me, specially with the contract and secondary quest givers.

Other than that the game is a complete masterpiece.

Apex Spartan likes this