• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Eiousx

Elite: Dangerous Unofficial Support

24 posts in this topic

Elite: Dangerous is a space simulator made by Frontier. In this game is as close to a scale model of the milky way galaxy that one is actually able to traverse. Within human space one can trade or bounty hunt and with the recent powerplay update mining is now also a viable way to make currency. This game is receiving constant development but the main game has been officially released some time ago. Several members of our community have played and one has even been streaming it on a regular basis. 

Angerbeard has gone from the bottom to the top finally getting a Anaconda to which he is immensely happy for. While Angerbeard does stream other games he does on regular stream Elite: Dangerous.

http://www.twitch.tv/angerbeard

Below are three screenshots I took of the game while in my Vulture. No editing was done besides resizing to fit better. The full size image can be found by clicking on the below resized images.

dgBweswl.jpg?1

4d3boh0l.jpg?1

D6HMdWwl.jpg?1

Some notes below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the recent PowerPlay update we can now take on the role of supporting a political power in Elite: Dangerous.

As such we can set our own goals and aspirations in order to influence what we want to.

It has also been confirmed that there will be alien races included at a later date.

Another note is that Elite: Dangerous will be coming to Xbox One and will have cross play with PC and Mac players.

One of the main benefits for Elite:Dangerous becoming unofficial and hopefully official will allow members access to our own thread for much needed resources to share as the galaxy can be quite daunting if flying with little knowledge.

Wings were recently implemented a few patches ago which allowed a few players to player together as a "party". This can be especially handy and fun for those seeking combat and helpful for those seeking protection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros:  

Massive galaxy to explore

You can trade, bounty hunt, mine, or even explore for credits.

The game looks amazing.

New updates are free.

This will be a multi-platform as well as a cross-platform title for the PC, Mac, and xbox one.

A place for us to put resources to help others understand the game better.

Can play in a private group with friends or others or even in Solo if you prefer.

You can fly with 2 other pilots to complete objectives or trade or even do combat together.

Cons:

Massive galaxy means harder to meet other players.

Without some knowledge Elite can be hard to understand and make credits in.

Outfitting a ship and different weapon types and how they work are not explained well in-game.

There are players who just like to ruin your day occasionally in Open Play.

Missions were a bit confusing and uninteresting but are going through changes so this is TBD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example event:

Within private group we can setup several Wings to do different objectives such as:

Community Goals: In community goals there is either a number of combat related ships one must destroy for vouchers or trade a certain number of resources to a particular station. As such we can form wings to either do combat at certain locations together or form trade convoys.

Bounty Hunting: Doing this as a Wing can really be fun as we can get into constant combat and easily support one another if things become difficult. 

Powerplay: In the recent update we can now influence different political powers within human controlled space. As such we can assist that power in taking over other systems and increasing their hold on the galaxy. In order to do that we would have to trade a certain amount a week and do various combat missions and even fight against other players who represent a different faction. By increasing the influence of the Power we gain benefits with intra-system benefits and benefits specific to that power.  The higher rank you have for contributing lends to a larger amount of control one has over the votes that control what missions or objectives are chosen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Players:

Eiousx

Angerbeard

DarthZash

SgtRoss

tdsshooter

razon

rhassalan

Will be updated with more once permission from those individuals has been approved by them to be named on this article.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're curious or want AJSA to take over the galaxy please comment below of your support!

Feel free to contact myself (Eiousx) for any details or specific questions you may have through PM.

If you would like to join the group search Eiousx in the group search bar. There is quick join available. You can also be in multiple private groups.

Since you didn't mention it, i suppose it's not coming to PS4?

Eiousx likes this

Since you didn't mention it, i suppose it's not coming to PS4?

I was looking through the forums again since you asked as I had seen something about that before. I believe it is a timed exclusive for xbox one but will come to ps4 at a later date. I don't have any definite answer at this time.

People currently playing? Pros? Cons? Example event? Please make it conform to the guidelines presented. We can then talk about it. You got 3 days before it is deleted.

i think something like this would great for making events or for new players to ask for help 

Eiousx likes this

People currently playing? Pros? Cons? Example event? Please make it conform to the guidelines presented. We can then talk about it. You got 3 days before it is deleted.

people are already doing events where they buy some small cheap ships race them around stations trying of course come first while trying not to crash and die other people are making destruction derbys AKA ramming deathmatch

Eiousx likes this

people are already doing events where they buy some small cheap ships race them around stations trying of course come first while trying not to crash and die other people are making destruction derbys AKA ramming deathmatch

You are missing my point. I am not doubting this game. There are just things that need to be included in these posts in order for them to be looked at. Eiousx has already fixed it at the time of me posting this.

On to the note of the game, I should have internet again some time tonight but it might be another day or so before I get on teamspeak. We can try and chat about this game some time this week.

You are missing my point. I am not doubting this game. There are just things that need to be included in these posts in order for them to be looked at. Eiousx has already fixed it at the time of me posting this.

On to the note of the game, I should have internet again some time tonight but it might be another day or so before I get on teamspeak. We can try and chat about this game some time this week.

When you can is fine. Just message me on skype when you're online and we can hop onto teamspeak.

oh thats what you meant xD ok then :P

Eiousx likes this

I have talked with Eiousx and he will be leading the elite dangerous crowd. If you wish to help out or just play the game, each out to him. Expect an event here soon.

I will leave this thread open for a few more days to field any questions and allow you guys to post any more info. I will then lock and move this post to completed.

Alright I've sent the invite and waiting for the event. Currently I am gaining creds by (trying) to trade rares. Not enough time tho.

Alright I've sent the invite and waiting for the event. Currently I am gaining creds by (trying) to trade rares. Not enough time tho.

Right now I am working on setting up the events and such to take place within the next two weeks. I am expected to get a tropical depression through my area tomorrow so that may or may not delay me.

I've been playing this game for a while and have been wondering if yall will run an event soon cuz i seriously want in if thats the case

Right now I am working on setting up the events and such to take place within the next two weeks. I am expected to get a tropical depression through my area tomorrow so that may or may not delay me.

I've seen you've been busy, lately. If you need help PM me a link to your steam profile, I can help you organize and come up with cool events, if you wish. Also, I am from EU so I know people don't often play with US servers due to high ping or timezone limitations, so I could help organize EU community aswell.

Hi all, count me in for this.
A quick suggestion if anyone might be interested in doing some PvP training -
Head to a hi-tech system and buy and outfit something like an eagle (keeps the cost down if any newer players want to get involved).
Follow each other a few K away from the station.
Pew pew pew.
Obviously depending on the amount of people you can get together you can try anything from 1 vs 1 through to wing on wing as well as using it as time to try out any new builds you might have your eye on.

Something else that is worthwhile doing is interdiction training.
Wing up, 1 of you get an interdictor on board, someone else (or all of you) have KWS (Kill Warrant Scanner).
Have a designated player (or an NPC if there aren't enough of you) fly around in supercruise and try to evade the wing.
Once interdicted the designated player has to try and either escape, fend off the wing or hold on long enough for his reinforcements to arrive.

I know they all seem pretty obvious and I'm sure people will elaborate and improve on them but I thought it was worthwhile pointing them out in case it slipped under the radar.
J.
Edit - In case some of you aren't aware, hi-tech systems tend to have better selection for outfitting.

Eiousx likes this

I am playing this off and on. I'm more then willing when I am on to wing up for most anything.

I picked this up on the Steam Sale and I'd love to find some AJSA members to wing up with.

Forum support is coming within a couple of days and expect events within 2-3 weeks. We should have a group set up fairly soon as well and it will be by invite so we will have a thread dedicated just for posting for invites. I however would love to hear more possible event ideas! 

I may have just joined, but I play this game quite a lot.  Has the AJSA picked a power to back?  I've been flying for Arissa Duval since powerplay's release for the neat sounding railguns, but she now seems to be the flavor of the month.

I may have just joined, but I play this game quite a lot.  Has the AJSA picked a power to back?  I've been flying for Arissa Duval since powerplay's release for the neat sounding railguns, but she now seems to be the flavor of the month.

Picking a power to support is completely dependent on how someone likes to play the game. I'm a bounty hunter/mercenary so I joined Zachary Hudson as he has a more aggressive style of powerplay. So which power we decide to join should be put on a vote. If anyone is looking for a wingman you can add me: SteelDreadnought.

Right now Elite Dangerous is kind of set aside till I find another to step up and take the initiative to be the leader of it for events and such. However, it will be so much easier when clans are finally added.

Just as Eiousx has already stated, this game currently lacks leadership for it to run due to his recent promotion. If you are interested in this role, feel free to contact either Eiousx or myself and then we can sit down to talk it over with you. For the time being, the game will remain in the community games section of teamspeak for you guys to continue playing and talking together until someone steps up to lead it.

Moving this to completed.