• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

19 posts in this topic

Im here to Protect you form the Shit game none as Dirty Bomb. I wasted 200kr in that game and i only got one Blue Card don't play This EA game is shit and bad and it will take all of your Money. i now we can't ban games but we need to Say to Anothers about Dirty Bomb so people dosent waste Money like me  i regreat Everything all the Money i have spend ;(

-Taee

(sorry for me bad English)

It's a free to play game. People can easily get it for free and then decide for themselves if they want to spend money on it or not. I don't see why the AJSA should boycot any F2P game. If some people actually enjoy it, let them enjoy it.

baronrouker likes this

ive play it and i think its good despite the frustating RNG Case Drop! Other than that its the game where Brink should have been! I play it alot so if you want, join me in teamspeak!

I say, ignore the cases, you'll get 2 or 3 after a couple hours just playing, one thing i have learned, NEVER spend money on a F2P game, ever. And to this date i havn't done so. Besides, its kinda fun with friends. Just don't spend any money.

Izaya Orihara likes this

Honestly it is okay to pay for the game once in a while.  Just not to much, but that limit is for each and everyone self to decide.

It is a hobby after all.

What I'm not okay with is that Credit weapons give you super powers or something, while the nonpayers run with shit in their hands.

---Off topic

Love your Pope holding Fallout 4. Maybe he should do this IRL :D

Ancient likes this

It's not a great game, but I wouldn't go as far as to boycot it.

It's also not an EA game.

Dirty Bomb is a combination of CS:GO cases and LoL shop. Everybody knows that CS:GO cases are just for skins, its the same thing here. You should actually be saving your money to buy mercs in the shop. Heck, Splash Damage even published an article about the drop rate: http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/news/2379 They should be more clear on that cards above bronze are just cosmetics, but you should just do a little research next time before you spend money on a f2p game. If anything, this game shows that its not p2w cause you can't get what you want just by throwing money at it.  :D

Just for anybody asking this is a guy who spent around $25 USD on this game and is asking for a boycott. While the game has a rng drop system for the boxes it is not to the point we need to boycott the game. The base game itself is not that bad infact it is actually quite fun. I have spent far more on games that right now i can barely stand than $25 dollars but i do not demand people stop playing them. Take this as a lesson that they made the game pretty much not pay to win and realize that just because you throw money at a free 2 play game doesn't give you the right to act as though you should have better stuff than others because that is what honestly has killed a lot of free 2 play games.

RG9lv8L.gif

Dirty bomb is a bad free2play game ?

you haven't seen bad free2play games then

bronzebomber and CQR Myles like this

i like to play it it reminds me of enemy territory the unoffical rtcw dlc back in the day. Fast class- and objectiv-based egoshooter.

I think the issue with the loadouts will solve themself overtime because u dont need more than bronze loadouts with the weapons and skills u prefer and u get lots of free crates just for playing (i'm getting random crate drops after a map at a 10 game per crate rate).

The only problem i see is that u have to buy every merc with ingame currency and this may take some time.

I am from the eu so if u want to play with me add me on steam: cmandrake

Ixnatifual likes this

The game looks fun and I enjoyed the Splash Damage games like Wolfenstein and Quake Wars. The RNG pricing model seems quite evil and is essentially the same as the one in Hearthstone, except you can't craft the rarest stuff. But I generally don't mind as I never spend money in games that have these types of payment models.

I like dirty bomb.....

The OP is out of his mind.  The cobalt cards aren't even necessary.  I have bronze cards for every class I own, as well as a few silvers with no money paid.  The only money I spent was on a 3 class bundle. 

Not only should we not boycott this, we need to get the Angry Army actively playing it as a clan/guild.

76561197974320864.png

OP, you are free to boycott any game you want for any reason. I can understand your frustration with the system where you paid money and did not get a fair return on your investment. However, that was your own decision to spend the money, not the game. What if you had gotten 12-15 cobalt cards? Would your opinion be different then? I can understand the draw of investing in a game you enjoy. I have spent way too much money on buying skins for LoL, a game I rarely to ever play anymore, but I do not urge others to boycott it. Tell your tale, advise others, and of course, you are free to urge us to boycott. But, leave us to make that decision for ourselves.

Having played Dirty Bomb, I would not personally advise investing in the cash shop. Most classes you can get unlocked a day of play, and loadouts aren't too different to give one loadout a severe advantage over another. All in all, while I won't boycott a game for this reason, I can understand your frustration. Think about it the  next time you roll the dice in a f2p cashbox game: you might get burned. A gamble is still a gamble.

Well while the cases rng is shit in DB, so it is in cs go. People are complaining indeed but it's not much you can do. After all if you don't like the game why spend money on it?

Dirty Bomb is F2P and is by no means P2W. You were never required to pay anything, and the cards can be unlocked by simply playing the game. The game itself is actually pretty good. The only thing that bugs me about it so far is the objectives don't branch out very far beyond data deliveries, plant C4, and move the payload, and the fact that no one seams to want to communicate.

DB is anything but pay to win, unless you're really annoyed about the phantom update (guys getting nurfed), got my favorite perks and weapons on my classes (Proxy and Sparks), haven't spent a penny but do I want to support this title.