• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Craigr910

EA E3 Conference

33 posts in this topic

ys4gocB.png

After EA's conference last year pretty much said look forward to this year, many people are cautiously optimistic regarding EA at this year's E3. With Star Wars , Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge all looking very likely for this years conference EA have a good chance at being the standout Conference of this year 

Known

. Star Wars Battlefront Gameplay Trailer

. Mass Effect 4 Trailer

. Mirrors Edge Trailer

. New Need for Speed

. Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion (now confirmed to be called Knights of the fallen empire)

.  PVZ Garden Warfare 2 

. SPORTS SPORTS AND MORE SPORTS 

Rumored 

. Bioware's Star Wars Game teaser

. Visceral's Star Wars Game teaser

Feel free to discuss this conference below 

After seeing how DICE and EA (so far) have managed to totally botch Star Wars Battlefront I'm really looking forward to how they've applied their resources and creativity to fucking up Mirrors Edge as well.

After seeing how DICE and EA (so far) have managed to totally botch Star Wars Battlefront I'm really looking forward to how they've applied their resources and creativity to fucking up Mirrors Edge as well.

How do you know that they have botched Battlefront? All we have seen is an In-Engine trailer!

How do you know that they have botched Battlefront? All we have seen is an In-Engine trailer!

Ahm.....

battlefront-features-633x1000.jpg

Honestly, I do not see that much of a problem with it, I am open to the change because, well, this is not a sequel. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I will judge the game when I actually see gameplay, and not some comparison checklist. lol

Honestly, I do not see that much of a problem with it, I am open to the change because, well, this is not a sequel. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I will judge the game when I actually see gameplay, and not some comparison checklist. lol

No campaign, no space battles, less that half the content of it's predecessor and they will probably expect us to pay twice as much.  That's not good enough!  At this stage of the game I expect substantially more effort than what at least appears to be a re-skin of Battlefield with less players per map.  Until I do there is no way I'd even consider it.

I'm sick of seeing that stupid chart to be honest. A lot of love for BFII is amped by nostalgia. While it is quite a fun game, time hasn't treated it as well as one would hope.

Plus, the damn game isn't even out yet. For christ's sake.

, WITHASTICK and giubba like this

. Bioware's Star Wars Game teaser

. Visceral's Star Wars Game teaser

PLEASE MORE STAR WARS GAMES.

A new KOTOR would be awesome, or something similar.

Looking forward to them showing off ME 4

No campaign

Okay. I will say this one last time. You want the great writers at DICE, who brought you the story telling masterpieces of Battlefield 3 & Battlefield 4 to tell you a Star Wars story. That would be consider cannon to the main story.

Because when you say "Why no campaign" that's what you're asking for.

Crazycrab, and Doshka17 like this

Okay. I will say this one last time. You want the great writers at DICE, who brought you the story telling masterpieces of Battlefield 3 & Battlefield 4 to tell you a Star Wars story. That would be consider cannon to the main story.

Because when you say "Why no campaign" that's what you're asking for.

I see you'r point, but I'd want them to at least TRY!

I see you'r point, but I'd want them to at least TRY!

You can tell someone to try, but if have tried in the past and have failed what makes the next time different? You rather them try and most likely fail. For what? For you and many others to get mad because you said they should try? Why try to do something their not so good at. It only would waste time on the things they are good at. I thought DICE was great for their mutliplayer. Not their storytelling.

I know in the past year or so the games focus on multiplayer have felt lackluster. But what can they do? People bitch when they had a half baked story because they tried. People bitch when they don't include an half baked story. I feel bad for them really.

When it comes down to it what do you want to do more? Play as Darth Vader slicing down your friends. Or, play as Darth Vader in short linear shooter level?

You can tell someone to try, but if have tried in the past and have failed what makes the next time different? You rather them try and most likely fail. For what? For you and many others to get mad because you said they should try? Why try to do something their not so good at. It only would waste time on the things they are good at. I thought DICE was great for their mutliplayer. Not their storytelling.

I know in the past year or so the games focus on multiplayer have felt lackluster. But what can they do? People bitch when they had a half baked story because they tried. People bitch when they don't include an half baked story. I feel bad for them really.

When it comes down to it what do you want to do more? Play as Darth Vader slicing down your friends. Or, play as Darth Vader in short linear shooter level?

Neither!  I want and interactive narrative for a few hours before I jump into multilayer and especially for a Star Wars game I don't think that's to much to ask.  I know lots of gamers only buy into multiplayer and that's fine but for me the campaign is half the experience so without it, it's half a game.   With a game as expensive as this I would expect the amount of content to match the previous game in the series or at least their own Battlefield franchise games but it clearly doesn't.

DICE are capable of telling good stories (or at least they were), like with Mirrors Edge and even some of the earlier Battlefields/Medal of Honours.  We'll see at E3 but every time I hear something new about this game it does nothing but further cement my belief that it is going to be a major disappointment.

Like just NOW!  http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/29192-buying-the-deluxe-edition-of-battlefront-gives-you-more-damage-with-grenades-and-torpedoes/#entry302709

Edited by Crazycrab

So tell me if that is the case. Than, you would feel okay with DICE who made Battlefield 3 and Battlefied 4's story to make a cannon story in Star Wars. Because the DICE you think maybe there is not there. So I step away from this conversation bowing to what you and everyone in the internet desires. Only to wait and see what this game will have because as much as we may want to hate this game, I or you have not seen this game in action. So until than I will wait to judge. Rather than complain.

likes this

Neither!  I want and interactive narrative for a few hours before I jump into multilayer and especially for a Star Wars game I don't think that's to much to ask.  I know lots of gamers only buy into multiplayer and that's fine but for me the campaign is half the experience so without it, it's half a game.   With a game as expensive as this I would expect the amount of content to match the previous game in the series or at least their own Battlefield franchise games but it clearly doesn't.

DICE are capable of telling good stories (or at least they were), like with Mirrors Edge and even some of the earlier Battlefields/Medal of Honours.  We'll see at E3 but every time I hear something new about this game it does nothing but further cement my belief that it is going to be a major disappointment.

Like just NOW!  http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/29192-buying-the-deluxe-edition-of-battlefront-gives-you-more-damage-with-grenades-and-torpedoes/#entry302709

You may be right about Star Wars Battlefront, or you maybe wrong and they may deliver a really good experience! Not much point speculating if we haven't seen any solid gameplay................also, if it is story in a Star Wars game that you want, Visceral Games are developing a Star Wars title, with Amy Hennig (Head Writer for the Uncharted series and Director, Producer & Writer for some of the Legacy of Kain series) writing the game!!!

While I actually liked BF3's story, BF4, Hardline, 2, and 2142's stories were shit. And I'm saying that about my favorite one, 2142.

I do NOT want DICE doing anything to Star Wars Canon. It'd be worse than George Lucas's ideas for the prequels.

While I actually liked BF3's story, BF4, Hardline, 2, and 2142's stories were shit. And I'm saying that about my favorite one, 2142.

I do NOT want DICE doing anything to Star Wars Canon. It'd be worse than George Lucas's ideas for the prequels.

I really enjoyed BF: Bad Company 1 & 2's story, it wasn't the most spectacular in the writing department, but they (seeing as they are more focused on the comedy) were really enjoyable............DICE need to do another BF: Bad Company in my opinion! :D

Called it. Star Wars: Battlefield

Well just saw EA's conference, it was shit.

To be honest we don't really know yet, it looked really nice to me though.

The thing is, you guys are going to call it Star Wars Battlefied because Battlefield is a SHOOTER, and Battlefront is a SHOOTER too.

Besides, it was obvious it was going to be similar to Battlefield in some way, they are the same devs, same happened with Need for Speed when Burnout devs worked into it, and NFS HP 2010 was still a good game.

The only thing i hope is that if the Speeders, X-wings etc have the same controls than Jets on PC i'm going to get REALLY MAD, because Jets on PC is UNPLAYABLE.

Speaking of NFS, because this is not Battlefront conference, no one is going to mention how awesome the new NFS looked like (specially the first guy, i was really impressed), but at the same time how disgusting the camera looks everytime you drift?

Called it. Star Wars: Battlefield

Someone was expecting something other than that?

So tell me if that is the case. Than, you would feel okay with DICE who made Battlefield 3 and Battlefied 4's story to make a cannon story in Star Wars. Because the DICE you think maybe there is not there. So I step away from this conversation bowing to what you and everyone in the internet desires. Only to wait and see what this game will have because as much as we may want to hate this game, I or you have not seen this game in action. So until than I will wait to judge. Rather than complain.

I liked bf4's campaign .__.

I don't know what you guys thought, but this looked much better to me than what I expected

Also what does "This looks like Battlefield" mean?

I always thought Battlefront games were like Battlefield set in Star Wars universe. You had classes, you had infantry and you had driveable vehicles. You had similar games modes to capturing the flag, except a few more unique ones due to Star Wars' nature itself. Otherwise the gameplay above looked pretty good to me and I don't know what the hell is so "Battlefield" about it. I'm not saying the game is awesome but from what I've seen, it looks good for now. Let's hope they don't fuck it up with some DLCs. Yeah I'm expecting DLCs, but I'm more worried about microtransactions.

Otherwise it looked really legit and I didn't see much difference between it and Battlefront. Why are you surprised that this looks like Battlefield? Tell me why Battlefront doesn't look like Battlefield because that's exactly what I see. Both are FPS set in bigger maps filled with objectives, infantry and vehicles. Sometimes I get the feeling people find stupid reasons to shit on a game just because they like whining. If you said 7 years ago, "Battlefront 2 looks like Battlefield 2", trust me, nobody would complain but today it's a legit reason to prove a game apparently sucks.

There is no point being cynical and shit on everything all the time, there is nothing to complain about for now from the trailers we got. Nothing in them tells us the game sucks too much. We don't even know enough to say the game will suck or that it will be good.