• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Glaice

Phantom Pain to have microtransactions

31 posts in this topic

Good fucking job blowing the rest of your leg off Konami..

Dane2hip48 likes this

As long as the microtranactions wont change the final game( purposefully made harder to level up in) and the content can just be obtained by playing, I'm fine with letting the idiots hand over money to the company. Even Rockstar did it with GTA Online. but they also did it without shoving it in your face. Not saying I like this...... just think its better then cutting content out for day one DLC etc.

Companies need to stop revealing microtransactions until upto or after the release. Sadly Konami has lost touch with console/PC gamers. 

As long as the microtranactions wont change the final game( purposefully made harder to level up in) and the content can just be obtained by playing, I'm fine with letting the idiots hand over money to the company. Even Rockstar did it with GTA Online...

...and Ubisoft did with AC: Unity

More and more companies will start to do this because people pay for microtransactions, not because of the outrage.  ROFL in their eyes, customers can go screw themselves, they already got the money... all the customer has is not a game, but a skinner box... where they will have to either grind MMO-style or shell out some money for that quick boost.

W5ilaun.png

HeroEightyTwo likes this

That image Ysnar put up pretty much sums it up.

Ysnar likes this

I'm actually not bothered by this. If anything, I'm more curious on how it's going to be implemented. Like Dane said, if it's done well then no one would really care. If it's for something like to make your base that much harder to be infiltrated then that doesn't sound bad to me at all. It is pay2win sort of, but this isn't an mmo so who gives a shit. I highly doubt this is going to damage the single player experience.

In AC unitys case it changed the game pretty badly making decent money really hard to come by. A bottle of medicine is 2,000 dollars for Christ sake.

I'm actually not bothered by this. If anything, I'm more curious on how it's going to be implemented. Like Dane said, if it's done well then no one would really care. If it's for something like to make your base that much harder to be infiltrated then that doesn't sound bad to me at all. It is pay2win sort of, but this isn't an mmo so who gives a shit. I highly doubt this is going to damage the single player experience.

You really should not be indifferent on this topic as we don't need more games having this crap being implemented with microtransactions. Keep it to free to play games and mobile stuff, not full fledged AAA titles. We don't need Corporate dipping his slimy fingers into our bank accounts to get a few more cents out of what you paid for the base game.

If its not micro transactions, it will turn into something else to squeeze money out.

As long as it doesn't impact the game in a bad way (like better guns in multiplayer or getting all the equipment in the game for like $20), then I'm fine with it. I have never spent money on microtransactions and I never will. 

As long as it doesn't impact the game in a bad way (like better guns in multiplayer or getting all the equipment in the game for like $20), then I'm fine with it. I have never spent money on microtransactions and I never will. 

Then you're the perfect customer for them because you're willingly buying a product that will constantly push you to make a microtransaction.  It would end in 2 ways.  Either you cave in and make a microtransaction, or ragequit/finish the game without microtransactions after taking 2-3 times longer to do so (because of the grind).

Glaice likes this

Lol people expected the game not to have micro transactions in this day and age???

Micro transactions are the norm now people i think its time to just get used to it and stop bitching everytime it comes up.

Ysnar likes this

Lol people expected the game not to have micro transactions in this day and age???

Micro transactions are the norm now people i think its time to just get used to it and stop bitching everytime it comes up.

No. Just no. Take a look what you are saying here! Imagine if we always give in just because "it's the norm these days".  It's part of nature to change things, yes, but we decide where we go.

Its one thing to have micro transactions in MMOs, that I can support to a limit. But not in SPs.

In the words of Jim 'Fucking' Sterling: "Fuck Konami."

#nohate

Laserrifle125 and Glaice like this

Micro transactions are the norm now people i think its time to just get used to it and stop bitching everytime it comes up and stop buying those damn games.

FTFY

GLXLynx likes this

How about instead of embracing this bullshit, we vote with our wallets? When companies aren't making money, they start listening to our demands.

Ysnar and Glaice like this

Good job hiring Canadian Devil to be working in Konami... GG

How about instead of embracing this bullshit, we vote with our wallets? When companies aren't making money, they start listening to our demands.

People have been saying this crap for years and guess what nothing has changed.  For the number of people that avoid buying a game or refuse to pay for DLC or micro transactions there is just as many that will pay for it.

As much as some people hate it they are hear to stay.  Honestly thinking companies will stop doing it because you dont buy it is just dumb imo.

This have been going on since Dead Space 3 as far as I know and there's no show of slowing down. Also, we're talking about a crazy successful series that's not even jumping the gun with it's practice like Evolve. Do you honestly think this is going to make them less money? We're talking about a company who profited from a "demo." Yes, microtransactions suck, but they have yet to be a huge hindrance to anyone personal enjoyment. If anything, they're paid cheatcodes.

This doesn't bother me all that much, as this will be the last Konami game I ever buy............once I have The Phantom Pain, I will be going on a full-on Konami Boycott!!!

This doesn't bother me all that much, as this will be the last Konami game I ever buy............once I have The Phantom Pain, I will be going on a full-on Konami Boycott!!!

You won't have a choice, at least not on PC or consoles!

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-05/15/konami-mobile-game-focus

But I am sick of this practice, this bullshit should be not in full price AAA games period.

What if they make another super awesome phantom pain game? Will you buy that and then resume your Konami boycott?

A boycott = no purchases at all.  Not a single penny given to them for any reason.

What if they make another super awesome phantom pain game? Will you buy that and then resume your Konami boycott?

A boycott = no purchases at all.  Not a single penny given to them for any reason.

For all I love Metal Gear (which is a little obvious I might add), if Konami was to release more games in the Metal Gear series, which maybe well and truly awesome in the gameplay department, I will refuse to buy them. I am in fact a bigger supporter of Kojima, and judging from the recent shit-storm from Konami, I believe that Kojima will be gone after The Phantom Pain, and without Kojima working on the series, any future title is dead to me, so boycott or not, The Phantom Pain will be the last Konami game I buy!

Yeah, I'm not down for that. For the off chance there's going to be a Revengence 2 (even though it's existence was already proven false), I won't be boycotting anything.

I remember, as a little girl at five years old, I would always see my grandfather smoking cigarettes. He would smoke nine to ten packs a day and that's only when he has work. When he has nothing to do he would smoke double that and I wouldn't be surprised if we all died of second hand smoke. Thankfully, my grandma and my parents would always have me stay somewhere far away when granddad was home smoking non-stop. 

Eventually, his bad habit caught up to him and died of lung cancer. Crying beside him on his death bed was grandma who looked at me and told me never to smoke in my entire life. That I would die a horrible death if I ever get hooked on smoking. Because of that I never touched a single cigarette in my entire life. But I see all that time was a waste of time because Konami gave me cancer anyway!

Ysnar likes this