• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Seyren

Buying the deluxe edition of Battlefront gives you more damage with grenades and torpedoes

24 posts in this topic

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/buy

They clearly ran out of ideas to how to sell this.

This is just stupid. Pre-ordering shouldn't give advantage over other players.

To be honest i don't find it tempting to pre-ordering now, they are just looking like idiots for this.

zoterk, Dane2hip48 and Ysnar like this

"Switch seamlessly between first and third person view.", how cute.... sigh...

Save your money and play C&C Renegade X instead. There you can switch between first and third person.

For free.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/buy

They clearly ran out of ideas to how to sell this.

This is just stupid. Pre-ordering shouldn't give advantage over other players.

To be honest i don't find it tempting to pre-ordering now, they are just looking like idiots for this.

They're trying to scrape the bottom of the fanbase barrel.  They already got most of the fanbois (or those who don't know any better) to pre-order with the in-engine trailer... now they're trying to ramp up the sales in anticipation for E3.  I seriously don't have sympathy for those who pre-ordered to come back after release and start whining about how bad it is.  It was their choice to blindly open their wallets to EA... so they suffer the consequences.

Im calling it now!

The game will suck!

Or it will be decent but ruined by money grabbing meanie heads( couldn't think of a better word)

No no no EA, that is no how you do a Digital Deluxe Edition!  You don't introduce p2w weapons available only in said edition!

I'm going to go off on a rant here.  In the Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night kickstarter, the special $60 edition is an overpriced special edition (seriously, the base game is $28, so the special edition should be not this expensive) that comes with a bonus soundtrack, bonus strategy guide, a special weapon (the swordwhip that was designed throughout the campaign) and a special boss (a lovecraftian octopus with a cowboy hat and IGA mask wielding the swordwhip, which I'll admit made me laugh).  For what we get in the special edition, the price is far too high.  A soundtrack and bonus strategy guide?  That's stuff given to us for free when we buy from GOG.com.  A special weapon and boss?  Yea that is not worth the extra $32, not even if you buy the special physical edition (at that price it should be no more than $50, preferrably less) due to you getting a physical disc, box, and sleeve in addition to the rest.  At most the special digital edition should be $32-35.  

But, here is the main difference between the special editions of Battlefront and Bloodstained: Battlefront's special edition gives you p2w weapons that give you an unfair advantage when fighting against other human opponents online.  Bloodstained's special edition gives you a weapon that is unique but still balanced in a game that is primarily single player.  Bloodstained's problem is that its special edition is overpriced.  Battlefront's problem is that its special edition gives unfair overpowered weapons.

Jitterdoomer likes this

angryarmycomicpreview044.png

Seriously though, if EA isn't completely ruined after this mess, i'll have lost all faith in humanity... I've not even seen that much of the game yet and i'm already morally obliged to not buy it.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Another example of why the pre-ordering culture sucks. I hope this will get a huge backlash and will ultimately hurt the sales of the game, if only to learn EA a(nother, since they don't seem to learn) lesson. 

I want to get exited for this game but every time I turn my back their doing something stupid like this!

Platina32 likes this

(Picture)

Seriously though, if EA isn't completely ruined after this mess, i'll have lost all faith in humanity... I've not even seen that much of the game yet and i'm already morally obliged to not buy it.

The way the butler looks rather suspicious with his other hand behind his back as he has ulterior motives for CC.

Here, have this link and lose more faith in humanity (or at least lose more faith in EA).

That's a misleading title. Preordering it unlocks those two in game weapons and the DL-44 blaster pistol. It doesn't always make you do more damage with everything.

That's a misleading title. Preordering it unlocks those two in game weapons and the DL-44 blaster pistol. It doesn't always make you do more damage with everything.

Yeah, if people would put a little thought into it instead of immediately rushing to their torches and pitchforks, it really sounds more like you get instant access to an unlockable weapon/upgrade, which they already do in Battlefield games.

Yeah, if people would put a little thought into it instead of immediately rushing to their torches and pitchforks, it really sounds more like you get instant access to an unlockable weapon/upgrade, which they already do in Battlefield games.

Doesn't change the fact that people want space battles instead of a f***ing fist pumping emote. <_<

Ysnar likes this

Doesn't change the fact that people want space battles instead of a f***ing fist pumping emote. <_<

So blast the devs for that instead this imaginary p2w stuff. I personally lost interest the moment I heard it was limited to 40 players per map. No space battles sounds shitty as well. The real problem here is the game itself, not the goddamn optional preorder bonuses.

Ysnar likes this

So blast the devs for that instead this imaginary p2w stuff. I personally lost interest the moment I heard it was limited to 40 players per map. No space battles sounds shitty as well. The real problem here is the game itself, not the goddamn optional preorder bonuses.

The P2W stuff is more like a sugar coating of shit on a shit cake.  Wow I never thought I'd be so cynical on a game... gg EA!

I haven't considered pre-ordering games for a long time. It seems like a good idea at first, but then when the game comes out you tend to get a bit more buyer's remorse... or the pre-order bonuses don't really seem all they're cracked up to be.

Although in this case it seems like a BS reason to push pre-order sales is by giving people who shell out money on day one an extra advantage on everyone. That's some tricky shit, man.

The gaming industry just seems to keep finding ways to manipulate consumers into blindly giving them money.

Ysnar likes this

• Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

Totally sweet! Just preordered 5 copies bro!!! 

Ysnar and Dane2hip48 like this

• Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

12.76/10 will pre-order 30 copies - IGN

12.76/10 will pre-order 30 copies - IGN

More like:

100/10 We got paid for this review. - IGN