• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr_E_Meatshield

Transformers Devastation

73 posts in this topic

It looks pretty good i guess, but i get the feeling it'll just be another mediocre game.

baronrouker likes this

You posted one of the screenshots more than once.

If not High Moon I am skeptical, they won me over with the last 2 games. So officially worried.

Looks like we might be getting a game based off of the original series.

No mention of High Moon though. It will also be on the last gen systems.

If not High Moon I am skeptical, they won me over with the last 2 games. So officially worried.

Not to worry, we might have someone potentially better than High Moon working on this game: Platinum Games.

No, No, No, they're doing it all wrong. It should look more like this:

In all seriousness though I hope it gets a PC/PS4 release so I can play. It might actually be a good game.

The really interesting part of this leak is that apparently Platinum Games are developing this, so that’s means the combat and action mechanics will be positively stellar.

In addition to all this there will be five difficulty levels and a customization setup, though the latter sounds a bit out of place as the Transformers are more robots than pilotable mecha.

The other obvious aspect that does jump out is how nicely the cel-shading has been handled. This is notoriously difficult to pull off well in games and while these static screenshots look impressive, I am definitely curious to see how it all holds together in motion.

Source

Hope it's better than Legend of Korra. Looking at the screenshots again, I really hope this doesn't turn out like Korra.

Getting a Korra vibe from this now, and I don't like it. Not saying that the gameplay looks like Korra, but that the production is.

80008913_by_maddemon64-d8xwqjb.jpg

But seriously, it looks like the love child of Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Transformers: War for/Fall of Cybertron.  And it is glorious.  I am praying that it lives up to the hype I just gave it.

80008913_by_maddemon64-d8xwqjb.jpg

But seriously, it looks like the love child of Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Transformers: War for/Fall of Cybertron.  And it is glorious.  I am praying that it lives up to the hype I just gave it.

Don't think I'd add the Cybertron games to that mix, those two were mainly third person shooters, and it looks like shooting isn't the main focus for this one.

It looks very similar to The Legend of Korra Game, I dare even say re-skin!  It's the same publisher and developer.

New Playable Characters trailer:

As long as it's not a full priced title like Korra, I don't think anyone will have a problem.

Source

Hope it's better than Legend of Korra. Looking at the screenshots again, I really hope this doesn't turn out like Korra.

Okay... Honestly, I don't get the LoK game hate. I loved that game myself.

It wasn't bad, but was sorta generic and repetitive, and this is looking like it'll be the same. Didn't say that I hate Korra either, I just wanted this to be better than that, but it looks like it won't, which will make it somewhat mediocre, and that's okay. It's why I'm hoping that this is just a downloadable title, as it's looking like it.

On a different note, is the Wheeljack part of this trailer smoother than the rest of it? It was the only part that looked 60FPS for me, even when playing it at 1080p 60FPS Youtube setting. I ask not because I need the game to run at 60, but to find out if it's just me or if it's like that for everyone else too.

Also, I probably would've switched Wheeljack or Sideswipe for Ironhide. Or just added Ironhide altogether as he's one of the more iconic G1 Transformers.

New Playable Characters trailer:

As long as it's not a full priced title like Korra, I don't think anyone will have a problem.

I'll give you one guess as to my favorite part of the trailer:

Grimlock_toy.jpg

There's a reason why he's my favorite.

But on a side note, what is wrong with Bee's voice?  At first it sounded decent, but then when we saw him in action, he sounded so...uninterested.

But ignoring who I will and will not play as, let's examine what we saw:

Many of the characters share moves.

Both Optimus Prime and Bumblebee have the same melee punching style.  Both Wheeljack and Sideswipe have the same dual-wield weapon style.  Both Wheeljack and Grimlock have the same trample-on-a-downed-enemy-while-in-vehicle-mode attack.  Everybody has a charge attack that has them transform into vehicle mode, everybody has the same 360-sweep attack that has them spin around in robot mode, and everybody but Grimlcok has a longer-distance 360-sweep attack that has them spin out in vehicle mode.  Additionally, everybody except for Sideswipe seems to have a super-attack.

By the look of things, I think it's safe to assume that characters will play 90% similar to one another.  Stuff like Optimus Prime's melee combat and Sideswipe's sword combat are mostly cosmetic.  The only things that seem to make any significant difference in combat are stuff like Bumblebee's ability to leapfrog over enemies or Grimlock grabbing enemies, then dragging them along the ground until he slams them down like a wrestler.  Otherwise, it is probably safe to assume that everybody will have a trample-on-a-downed-enemy-while-in-vehicle-mode or a super attack, even if it wasn't shown in the trailer.

In conclusion, despite us having multiple characters to play as, who we choose to play as will have little-to-no effect in combat.  Despite this having awesome combat and being the world's biggest nostalgia bomb since Power/Rangers, it looks like unless you get achievements for playing different characters, it is the game where you play as the Autobot you liked the best in the cartoon through all the story missions/challenges/whatever they make and never touch any of the others.  War for/Fall of Cybertron this game is not.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Additionally, everybody except for Sideswipe seems to have a super-attack.

Have a feeling they just didn't show it, or they did, but it didn't look like a super.

I wouldn't describe it as awful but it is monotonous, repetitive and doesn't feature enough LoK characters IMO. It felt like something that was put together very quickly.

I'm still waiting for a really great Avatar game and I'm probably going to be waiting a while.

From what I'm seeing it looks lit it will just be an arena combat game. I've never been a huge fan of those, so i will (Extremely sadly, though) not be getting my hopes up. 

I'll be here, playing War for Cybertron with my Starscream on my lap and praying to Primus for another great Transformers game.

From what I'm seeing it looks lit it will just be an arena combat game. I've never been a huge fan of those, so i will (Extremely sadly, though) not be getting my hopes up. 

I'll be here, playing War for Cybertron with my Starscream on my lap and praying to Primus for another great Transformers game.

If you've seen the Korra game where you walk a bit, then get sealed off with a bunch of enemies you have to fight to progress and that's the only thing you do, it looks like it's going to be like that.

If you've seen the Korra game where you walk a bit, then get sealed off with a bunch of enemies you have to fight to progress and that's the only thing you do, it looks like it's going to be like that.

Doesn't sound like the kind of game I want to feed my nostalgia. *Sigh* Guess I'll just have to keep waiting for High Moon to release the sequel to Fall of Cybertron... If they ever do. 

q639e.jpg

Doesn't sound like the kind of game I want to feed my nostalgia. *Sigh* Guess I'll just have to keep waiting for High Moon to release the sequel to Fall of Cybertron... If they ever do. 

q639e.jpg

Don't think there will ever be another in the "Of Cybertron" series seeing how the Dark Spark one also included the "Of Cybertron" Universe in it. Way to bring a series down Activision. Did High Moon ever say what they were going to work on after they did Deadpool?

Apparently they worked on Advanced Warfare.

SHHH YOU CAN'T CRUSH MY DREAMS

MY DREAAAAAAAMSSSS

Fuck there will never be another good transformers game will there