• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kcdmgirl

Is Capcom getting its act together?

8 posts in this topic

So here we are, post RE6 and DmC: Devil May Cry. RE: Revelations 2 had  generally good reception, Ryu from Street Fighter is said to be appearing in Super Smash Bros, not only that but with a slew of HD remakes on the way including a revisit to Devil May Cry 4, I think Capcom might be getting its act back together. 

What do you guys think? 

I'm one of the people that has no problem at all with RE6 and DmC. I love those games a lot. Revelations 2 is really good and it has the best story out of all the games in the series. The only game they made that I am really2 pissed off with is Operation Raccoon City. One of the worst games I have ever played in my life. It's good that they're going to release RE Zero and DMC 4 as HD remakes. Hopefully those will be good ports and not just lazy ones. The load times in RE Zero needs to be reduced. So many damn train doors to open in that game.

But overall I have to be honest. Capcom still needs to do a lot to clear their names after the bad2 decisions they made in the past. Street Fighter 5's looking good, but not having it available for Xbox One is a bad move. They need to stop bullshit dlc and other dumbass gaming practices and start making the right move like they did this year with Revelations 2, which unfortunately not many people even cares about which is a shame.

Kcdmgirl likes this

Making a pilr of hd remakes does NOT indicate good practice. And having ryu in smash bros requires no effort on their part.

I'm one of the people that has no problem at all with RE6 and DmC. I love those games a lot. Revelations 2 is really good and it has the best story out of all the games in the series. The only game they made that I am really2 pissed off with is Operation Raccoon City. One of the worst games I have ever played in my life. It's good that they're going to release RE Zero and DMC 4 as HD remakes. Hopefully those will be good ports and not just lazy ones. The load times in RE Zero needs to be reduced. So many damn train doors to open in that game.

But overall I have to be honest. Capcom still needs to do a lot to clear their names after the bad2 decisions they made in the past. Street Fighter 5's looking good, but not having it available for Xbox One is a bad move. They need to stop bullshit dlc and other dumbass gaming practices and start making the right move like they did this year with Revelations 2, which unfortunately not many people even cares about which is a shame.

I honestly think capcom might have the worst marketing dept out there (Maybe just above Konami's though) as Revelations 2 was barely advertised. I'm looking forward to the DMC4 special edition since I have never heard of a game company taking a six year old game and putting in 3 more campaigns/playable characters and using the PC version as a base for the consoles.

I do have to agree with you that not having Street Fighter V on Xbone is a bad idea as well as a weird decision considering its also on PC where Microsoft is in the market place. They could be getting back on their feet, but I do recall Anrgy Joe saying that its Capcom Japan thats stuck in the past with all the shady practices but thats besides the point, they have a lot of disappointed, cynical fans they need to make up to.  

--- Off topic:

" For I'm here!

To reclaim!

What is rightfully mine! " 

--- On topic:

They play it safe, to get back in touch with the community and make some easy money. 

I hope for them to make the most out of their situation, Capcom is - imo - a nice to good company. 

Brought many games that I enjoyed. But something is telling me that they will go the same route Konami did.

I shiver at "DMC 5" with microtransactions (Pay .99 cents for Dance Makabre and Table Hopper II for 2.99)

I think DmC was a good game, just over blacklashed by the reboot.

If it had another name, i'm pretty sure people would have loved it.

I think DmC was a good game, just over blacklashed by the reboot.

If it had another name, i'm pretty sure people would have loved it.

I totally agree with you, it was a good game but it just wasn't a Devil May Cry game, kind a like whats going on with Jurassic World right now with people saying "Yeah its a good movie, but its not a good Jurassic Park movie," 

I remember the Switcher (Two Best Friends) did say something similar, if it would have been a different title it would have been fine but as a Devil May Cry game it was too far removed from the series to even be considered apart of it.

Making a pilr of hd remakes does NOT indicate good practice. And having ryu in smash bros requires no effort on their part.

^ Focusing on making HD remakes would seem to indicate the exact opposite of the company doing well.