• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr. Molotov

DOOM Gameplay!!!

34 posts in this topic

That chainsaw.... holy fucking yes

RxapGy9.jpg

this looks like it has potential, although it could also turn out to be a terrible console port 

and Dyzzles like this

likes this

Could've used more Doom comic references, but still... DOOM!!! :D

I'm losing my shit tbh

Doom 4 you say?

Well, I have but one thing to say to that...

Hzd5Hn0.jpg

Looks ok. More interested in seeing more of Shadow Warrior 2 than this.

That guy at the end must have HUGE GUTS!!!

That can't be good!

That can't be good!

I think he is refering to the old meme that came from the 1996 comic about doom

d6gQo0S.png

This is hilarious as hell

PLEASE BE AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS, PLEASE BE AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS, PLEASE BE AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS!!!

giphy.gif

I know when I say this I will be in the minority, I am disappointed. This is great for fans of Doom & Doom 2 however I really enjoyed Doom 3 and was hoping to get a continuation of that with this updated DOOM. While I won't be buying this until a price drop, I wonder if folks will try to create a horror shooter inside the SnapMap feature.

I think he is refering to the old meme that came from the 1996 comic about doom

4:41

4:41

oh shit, did not even notice that your quote was from the comic as well, my apologies

As cool as the executions and chainsaw kills look I really hope they add more animations before launch or they are gonna get old and/or annoying really really fast

As cool as the executions and chainsaw kills look I really hope they add more animations before launch or they are gonna get old and/or annoying really really fast

Oh yeah, more execution moves are a definite must.

1) Pandering to new fans and fans of that stupid Brutal Doom mod more than the old guard who made id what they are today.

2) Mancubus fireballs are red/orange/yellow, NOT green! Nor do I like his design much, especially his head.

3) The revenant is more annoying then ever now, missiles, melee and hitscan attack?

4) Cyberdemon's design is on the ugly side and deviates away from the classic design.

5) Where is the color on the monsters? Why is it mostly shades of monochrome and brown?

In closing, remaining cautiously optimistic even with the easy to use map editor and co-op I have heard it has.

Mr_E_Meatshield and Mexiguy like this

That Doom gameplay was so good. Loved the Doom series and this looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play. 

I know when I say this I will be in the minority, I am disappointed. This is great for fans of Doom & Doom 2 however I really enjoyed Doom 3 and was hoping to get a continuation of that with this updated DOOM. While I won't be buying this until a price drop, I wonder if folks will try to create a horror shooter inside the SnapMap feature.

I really enjoyed D3 as well, no clue why people seem to hate on it so much. However, since I grew up with the originals I'm thrilled to see it going back to its roots!

I really enjoyed D3 as well, no clue why people seem to hate on it so much. However, since I grew up with the originals I'm thrilled to see it going back to its roots!

As did I... BUT

Doom 3 was a severe misstep in the series. It lacked what makes doom.... Doom. It was a great game, but it was a horrible Doom.

Doom 3 was in fact my fave doom as well, though I have respect for the first two for their modability and custom map scene and all that. They are objectively better aging and with more replay value and such. However while they were not 'horror' games by any means (I wouldn't call 3 a horror game either but it obviously tried to make itself a horror hybrid or something), they DID try to be spooky at times with dark rooms, flickering lights, demonic noises that you cannot see the source of oftentimes, etc.

If they want doom 4 to be like doom 1 and 2 over 3, that's understandable, but I hope they don't overdo it in terms of turning down the 'horror' aspect, because there WAS some level of scariness in the first two games too.

Doom 3 was in fact my fave doom as well, though I have respect for the first two for their modability and custom map scene and all that. They are objectively better aging and with more replay value and such. However while they were not 'horror' games by any means (I wouldn't call 3 a horror game either but it obviously tried to make itself a horror hybrid or something), they DID try to be spooky at times with dark rooms, flickering lights, demonic noises that you cannot see the source of oftentimes, etc.

If they want doom 4 to be like doom 1 and 2 over 3, that's understandable, but I hope they don't overdo it in terms of turning down the 'horror' aspect, because there WAS some level of scariness in the first two games too.

Really, the biggest "horror" aspect of Doom 1 and 2 was "Fuck ME THAT'S A SHITLOAD OF DEMONS"

Again, I LOVE Doom 3, but it was a fucking AWFUL Doom game. Because Doom is NOT about horror. Maybe at a time or two, but all in all, Doom is about a very few things. A fuckload of demons. A fuckload of ammo. And a fuckload of puzzles. Doom is more of a puzzle game than a horror game.

I liked Doom 3 also but if this one is closer to 1 and 2 then all the better. I remember playing doom the day it came out and had just as much fun with Doom 2.  But Doom 3 just didnt feel right.

As did I... BUT

Doom 3 was a severe misstep in the series. It lacked what makes doom.... Doom. It was a great game, but it was a horrible Doom.

This, and Doom 3 was the first Doom I played.

And another thing: thanks to DOOM, I no longer have to patronize dicks like SgtMarkIV to get my fix of ultra-fast paced action and ludicrous gibs. :D