• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITHASTICK

(E3 Update) The Last Guardian, Finally.

11 posts in this topic

18711811930_c473d0e0d3_h.jpg

E3 2009, The Last Guardian was shown for the first time. The gamers greatly excited from its first appearance, waiting to get another taste of this game. However, that taste never came. Not until E3 2015. Six long years of silence were broken as Sony started their Press Conference with The Last Guardian gameplay footage. Ending this new footage with a release window. The Passionate each year for six years hoping they would see this game again. Always hoping to know its future. They can rest easy now. What is the game about? You are a young child, who has been taken to this strange land for mysterious reasons. While there you come across a strange creature, and befriend him very quickly. You two now explore this land you both have been thrust into and the mystery around why you both are here.

Updated: E3 2016 PlayStation Press Conference announced The Last Guardians official release date of October 25th 2016 along with a new trailer of the game.

likes this

So, this does look good. Really. But I don't get why people have been demanding this for years and years. I don't understand the hype.And again, this looks great, but not revolutionary. But, I'm sure we have plenty of time to wait before we can annoyingly yell for/at our bird-dog and ruin priceless archaeological structures.

This is the only game at this years E3 that put a genuine SMILE on my face..........the game looks truly spectacular and so heart warming!!!! There are some great looking games at this years E3, across all platforms, but this..........this is my personal number 1 above all others!

As far as heartwarming and such, Unravel did so much more for me. But, different strokes for different folks.

THANK YOU SONY GODS

tumblr_nq0k17uJ491r44hpro1_500.gif

Apparently some news report have revealed that Sony had problems trying to put The Last Guardian on PS3 and in 2012 they started to move the game onto the PS4 with a new engine. Make sense since the PS3 probably had trouble running this game. 

Now that it is finally revealed again, I am happy once more. The game looks gorgeous and it looks like to capture some of the charm from ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus. I have been waiting a while for this and I am thrilled for this games return. 

The-Last-Guardian_2584428k.jpg

This has been moved back to the PS4 sub-forum.

E3 2016 PlayStation Press Conference announced The Last Guardians official release date of October 25th 2016 along with a new trailer of the game. The original post has been updated to include this trailer and information.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 7:34 PM, Jayson's Rage said:
So, this does look good. Really. But I don't get why people have been demanding this for years and years. I don't understand the hype.And again, this looks great, but not revolutionary. But, I'm sure we have plenty of time to wait before we can annoyingly yell for/at our bird-dog and ruin priceless archaeological structures.

Mainly, it's people looking at ICO and Shadow of the Colossus through nostalgia glasses.

I mean, they were alright. And SoC's theory of climbing on giant enemies to stab weak points was incredible in theory.

But I played the HD PS3 versions of both back in 2014, and the speed run Trophy in ICO and the Time Attack mode in SoC made me hate both games because they exposed the glaring gameplay weaknesses.

I'm not hyped. I'm expecting more of the same BS.

So by judging two games that are from the PS2 console era with being over a decade old (Ico is 15 years old, SotC is 11 years old), you have determined somehow that these games shall repeat those mistakes after those years? Yeah that seems a bit flimsy to judge The Last Guardian on no offense. While yes the controls now are utter terrible with camera work that is shoddy as hell with a timespan this large from the last game I think that judging it as so is rather impossible to do so. Is there cause for concern? Of course, any game with long develop time has shown to really fall on a fifty fifty chance of being good or bad. I'm more concerned on that having negative affects more then anything else.

Also SotC wasn't all that bad on time attack only a few are really annoying I found, mostly on the hard variant.

That's a fair point, my logic is a bit flimsy on that, and it has been a long time since those games were released.

But we haven't seen anything from the developer in all these years either. There's no proof that they learned from the mistakes they made way back when, and with everyone going on and on about how great those games were it's entirely possible that it went to their ego and they don't think they made any mistakes.

I could be wrong, and maybe my wrongness is a foregone conclusion, but if it ends up being more of the same 15 years later? I won't be surprised.

As for the Hard Timeattack ... Stupid long-armed PoS, shaking around so much Wander's clutching at its hair-fur to avoid being sucked into that Stone-forsaken sky ...

After buying the UC4 and DS3 collectors editions I told myself I wouldn't buy another CE until KH3 has one, if it has one. But that statue of the characters for LG was so hard to pass up I had to get it.

I've been waiting since it got announced like 10 years ago, but whether the long wait will mean this game is good or bad will depend when I get to play the final product.