• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

archery713

Best experience in Civilization (Any)

9 posts in this topic

In my time playing Sid Meirer's Civilization series I have had some AWESOME games.

Comment on what your best times with friends, or alone in game was! 

Example Story

I was in a game with my friend Trevor and we were on a team with Napoleon. Him being China and me being Russia we tried to grab as much land as possible. Eventually Napoleon claimed so much land we slowly used Great Generals to claim his land 3 tiles at a time. Once we downsized him quite a bit I really wanted more income so I traded my goods for one of Trevors cities. It had lots of whales and was a peninsula surrounded by China's land. So when I bought it off of him one thing led to the next and I renamed the city.

The great city of "WHALES IN PANTS" was born and will forever be written in Civ 5 history.

Thanks for reading and share your stories here as well! Any of the Civ games are welcome and encouraged even if their not the newest.

I was once playing alone as the Arabs, when I and most of the other civilizations reached the modern era, America chose the order Order (which is basicly communism if you don't know) ideology, Russia chose freedom and India (which by the way is led by Gandhi) chose autocracy. What's even funnier is that a bit later Gandhi declared war on most of the Civilizations and the funniest part is when I saw him drop a nuke on America.   

archery713 likes this

First time I used a warbot, my very first time playing I didn't know what I was doing. Played on easy, and took a long time. First I didn't have uranium so I declared war with a friend to take a city with uranium. THen I built my warbot and the game went from me being a pacifist to killing everyone. It was entertaining.

archery713 likes this

I was playing Civ 4 with some friends and one of them decided he was gonna go to war with the rest of us. He started taking my cities left and right but we had require complete kills on so I got an evil idea. I just moved all my units onto a single tile island made a city and sat there as he destroyed my Civ. My other 2 friends managed to kill him and I won a diplomatic victory in the end because nobody could take my city before it happened.

archery713 likes this

I was playing Civ 4 with some friends and one of them decided he was gonna go to war with the rest of us. He started taking my cities left and right but we had require complete kills on so I got an evil idea. I just moved all my units onto a single tile island made a city and sat there as he destroyed my Civ. My other 2 friends managed to kill him and I won a diplomatic victory in the end because nobody could take my city before it happened.

That is just amazing, I mean sure you ran away but that is just the true meaning of under dog. How powerful were you before he attacked? (I'm guessing not the most powerful)

That is just amazing, I mean sure you ran away but that is just the true meaning of under dog. How powerful were you before he attacked? (I'm guessing not the most powerful)

I wasn't too powerful but I wasn't all that weak either. He was the my entire northern border and I had the sea on every other side so I didn't have the biggest defensive force but I was ahead in tech and gold. Most of the AI in the game liked me too because I kept trading with them.

one time in civ 5 , I played Rome (alone) and I had a huge technological advantage ( for example: I was at the end renaissance while the others where start of medieval era)  . I decided to play as a warmonger and I needed allies, the germans suggested to make a decleration of friendship,and then I save a japanese worker from the barbarians so oda nobunaga ask me for declaration of friendship... and so we 3 made an alliance with defensive pacts.Then russia declared war on me when I was going to declare war to the americans. so  Japan,Germany and Italy were in war with America and Russia , in the medieval-renessaince era

P.S.  the Axis won

I once played as the Catharine. The map type was continental islands, the top part of the island type continent was mine. Though, it was shared with 4 other civilizations. All the factions present where in a DEEP cold war, as everyone was denouncing everyone. Meanwhile, on the other continent, it was completely taken over by China. And there where 5 civilizations present on there, now, all gone. The world was reaching the modern age soon. Everyone was focusing on its economy while maintaining an army on the borders, but no one made a move.

My nation was desperately trying to make Money, as i could not keep up with the army i had build to defend my territory, and i feared it would be the end of me if i disbanded half my forces, so i kept it, but i was only able to do so when surprisingly china offered me deal, i was to give 10 coal (25 turns) for 1300 gold. I kept my nation sustained while desperately trying to get to the modern age asap for the buildings it offers, which would make my nation sustainable without the help of others.

Diplomacy was not an option, everyone hated eachother, and everyone was guarded thorwards me for not accepting there ridiculous offers and war plots. No alliances where build as far as i knew. Chinas wast empire was 300 points ahead of everyone else, and i feared they soon too would make a move thorwards our continent. I tryed opening diplomacy, strike deals with the smaller empires present at my continent. In the hopes of making friends and stike defensive pacts as china would surely go for the domination victory. My scouts in the seas have not seen anything come our way, yet.

Eventually, my scouts see a wast army pop up in the seas, of atleast 30 units crossing the sea, i had reached the modern age just barely when this happend. i was prepared, since i was able to get Kamhamehea my friend, and we helped each other with anything we could. We became friends, but the others did the same, with there neighbors, axis vs allies if you will. They had declared war on me and kanehamea (CANT SPELL THE NAME LOL) Because we both had defensive pacts established. But i wasn't worrying about that, i was worried about china, ever so approaching. Kame was the biggest on our continental island, the other nations hit him from all directions, while i provided him support on holding his borders, while i was being attacked by the english, i was able to hold my borders with artillery, aircraft and tanks, it was around the year 1960. 2 decades later, china was on our borders and delcared war on japan and kame.

With there superior technology they swiped the continent like the Germans did in poland (ww2) in a mere 10 turns, kame had lost half his territory, japan had basically been almost completely destroyed. None of the nations offered peace to anyone to contain the huge Chinese. It was a global conflict. Everyone battling its enemies with no rest or mercy. The chinese had established a foot hold on the continent, as no one had the manpower to drive them back. The only thing we all had used was Nukes to stop there approach. But, the vile english had nuked my borders just before. Eventually, kame was destroyed. japan had ceased to exist. i was loosing all the money i had gathered at an extreme rate. my borders where worth nothing because of the fallout, and the continent began to be a huge wasteland. I wasn't able to make peace with any of the nations.

Eventually, the chinese stopped coming, no more troops where found among our territory or borders, there foothold cities where nuked to death. My scouts where destroyed on the sea. I had no vision, but, the chinese inability to keep up the pressure, had made it so England could recapture some of its lost cities that were not nuked. Soon suprised by the act, england offered a peace threaty, and france and india where still alive, not loosing much of its territory. I was surprised by england, as surely he could've made me be gone, had i needed to confront them all, since i had no allies left.

They pressed china out of the continent. i Had become friends with the other nations. But my empire was crumbling, i had almost no troops left. slowly regaining control of my empire, clearing out the fallout and repairing lost tile improvements. But at no avail, china had won the game. But hell was it worth my time. Its these kind of things that make Civ a great franchise! :D