• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cool breeze

Halo 5 Collectors Edition $249.99 F*&%king Scam!!!

11 posts in this topic

Hey fellow gamers,

This was brought to my attention and I wanted to share this with the community.  The $249.99 Collectors edition does not come with a physical copy of the game but a damn digital download...

I am strongly against any type of digital download that cost face value...There needs to be a steep discount for a game that is digital only. There is plenty of saving from the gaming developer/distributor due to no shipping costs, fuel, box store cost, storage...etc... A digital new release game should cost no more than $30-40 dollars and far less for an AA or less title.

I will be buying the standard edition of the game. I will not buy the limited or the collector's edition.

(I tried to copy the links to the post but I was unable to do so and I hope the pictures are large enough to show....please if you have a clear picture of the front of the collectors please add it to your post and of course sound off...its been awhile since I posted on her and I wanted to share this with everyone!!)

Update....MS has set up a website to "exchange" your digital code for a physical disk....what a scam!!

post-23717-0-21647800-1434895913_thumb.j

post-23717-0-74251600-1434895924_thumb.j

Edited by cool breeze

It is odd that they don't include a hard copy of the game with such a price point, but unless they flat out don't say anywhere "Halo 5 Digital Copy" or something like that on the list of things it comes with, it's not really a scam.

My question is, what exactly -are- you getting for 250 bucks o.O

Not a scam?!?! Itried attaching a photo from game stop but its too big to attached...You get a steel box indicating that a game would be included, but is not...so they give you the steel box but a digital code???

Also Titanfall was $249.99 and you at least got a physical game with it.

Not a scam?!?! Itried attaching a photo from game stop but its too big to attached...You get a steel box indicating that a game would be included, but is not...so they give you the steel box but a digital code???

Also Titanfall was $249.99 and you at least got a physical game with it.

I'm not saying it isn't stupid, just that it isn't a scam because it says it right there on the amazon page that its a digital download. If it said physical disc, or didn't say anything at all and left it open that it -could- be a physical copy, then it would a scam in my eyes.

but again, i do agree that it is stupid that it doesn't come with a physical copy

cool breeze likes this

Fallout 4 costs around 249R$ on steam, that's 1/3 Off the Average pay over here. Talking about knifes in the back, Halo 5 collectors edition would cost me 774.52R$

That is almost a full monthly wage right there. :( 

No physical copy of the game? :blink:  they crazy or something?

cool breeze likes this

If you can find a Fallout 4 collector's edition

Fallout 4 costs around 249R$ on steam, that's 1/3 Off the Average pay over here. Talking about knifes in the back, Halo 5 collectors edition would cost me 774.52R$

That is almost a full monthly wage right there. :(

No physical copy of the game? :blink:  they crazy or something?

double post.. cant delete..

First of all (it is outrageous)
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!! SELLING A COLLECTOR A DIGITAL COPY?? WTf are they thinking LOL..

secondly, (it is kinda a scam)
It is not stated anywhere that it is a digital copy on microsoftstore, ebgames/gamestop (which kinda makes it a scam)
why? because of the steelbook.. which should contain a phys copy.. well at least most of the games i know have disc.. 

third, (it is most-likely a scam)
the collectors edition states (on microsoftstore and ebgames)

"A premium edition of Halo 5: Guardians for collectors and Halo fans alike. The Limited Collector’s Edition* contains the Limited Edition game as well as additional content including a commemorative statue designed by 343 Industries."

if that is so.. THAT SHOULD MEAN.. that it includes the cd that the limited edition has..
81sHKuuZWZL._SX342_.jpg

Note: on the side note, i am kinda confused so please correct me if i am wrong.. as amazon is stating that the limited edition is a digital content as well.. BUT why are they posting a picture containing a cd on the limited edition copy ??
BUT AINT THAT A SCAM/ quite deceiving?

a game news also states that the limited edition will contain a phys copy

Along with a physical copy of the game, players will also receive the following:

• Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series
  • Warzone REQ Bundle: 14 Premium Requisition packs
  • Guardian model by Metal Earth®
  • Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook®
  • Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders
  • Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
  • Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial1 – perfect for playing with friends
  • 14 Premium Requisition packs for use in Warzone

also i do agree the price value of digital and physical are way way different.. and phys is more valuable..

also here are my sources:
Microsoft store and ebgames stating that collectors include all that the limited edition has

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Halo-5-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.313091600
https://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox%20One/Games/719105/halo-5-guardians-limited-collectors-edition-with-exclusive-bonus

Amazon stating its digital copy on limited edition and yet shows a picture with disc

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-Xbox-One/dp/B00RKK15H0

A game news that states limited edition includes phys game copy and states that collectors edition contains digital

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-limited-collectors-editions-detailed/

cool breeze likes this

Nice job and nice research!! I agree with you it's a scam.  I also wanted to bring attention to this as very few people know about this.

just watched an xbox weekly with major nelson on my xb1..

turns out 343 industries heared the fans complains that some wants phys copy..

so they are gonna make a phys  copy one without any additional charge..

cool breeze likes this