• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

fireskull98

Total War

Favourite Total War Game   240 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite total war game?

• Shogun
    • Medieval
    • Rome
    • Medieval 2
    • Empire
    • Napoleon
    • Shogun 2
    • Rome 2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

124 posts in this topic

No kidding, my friend pressured me into buying Rome 2 rather than sticking with Shogun.  I'm so ticked at how utterly broken it is, besides the fact that they felt like they could charge 8 dollars for Sparta!

played empire and rome 2, although they are shitty compared with the others, i still love'em

I think their best game till now is Medieval 2, I think its their masterpiece.

Doshka17 likes this

I've played pretty much all of the Total War games, except for Napoleon and Rome 2. Rome 2 I'll most likely get when it's on sale with all the DLC packages that have come out by then.

However, my favorite was and still is Total War: Rome. I can't even say how many hours I spent conquering Europe (Greek Cities FTW!).

Arfer1Master likes this

out of all the ones i have (everything except rome II) i still have the most fun with shougun 2. Just feels the best to play.

While I generally prefer Medieval 2 to the original, I did like in the original you could give new titles to your family/generals whenever you conquered a new territory.

I voted Shogun the original. It was the first full PC game I purchased with my own money and was just fantastic and had a great fondness for the series ever since. I was very happy when they announced Shogun 2. Third favorite would go to Medieval 2. I haven't purchased Rome 2 because I am happy with Shogun 2 and even with Rome 2 on sale in steam right at this moment its $60 (plus I had bad bug experiences with Rome 1 ugh).

Medieval 2 is my favorite. I have Shogun 2, Empire, and Rome 2. Ive played all except Napolean, Medieval 1, and Shogun 1. I haven't really played any total war games in a while even though I love the series. My initial experience with Rome 2 just put a really bad taste in my mouth. It really pissed me off especially how my $300 7970 graphics card couldn't get decent fps in battles on any settings. In big battles it was like watching a slide show.

Rome 2 did have a lot of issues at launch and still isn't the greatest but i would recommend the radious mod and all of the radious unit packs as well as the TOAD mod that revamps the trait and experience system to something a little more realistic so not every skill pertains to getting a new special ability but to more realistic things like political influence among your faction and others. There's also a lot of wicked unit packs and unit size enhancers floating around on the steam workshop if you want to take a few minutes and browse through them they are usually worth it. I hope this helped :) my name is Im Caillou on steam if anyone wants to play total war i'm an enthusiast of the series and it pains me as well to see such a terrible launch and not much improvement without the help of the modding community. 

Despite having played all the TW since Rome (barring Napoleon), I feel like I paint a target on my back when I say Rome II. Someone once even called me a 'not true fan' aout liking Rome II. I suspect I liked iot more than others since I experienced only very minor issues in my game at launch, and none which affected gameplay.

i was ton up between medieval II and Rome. I picked Medieval II just because I find it a bit more in depth and it's a visual and gameplay upgrade from Rome....If only CA could do another game like Rome...

I love(d) Rome, and medevil 2 almost as much.

I think their best game till now is Medieval 2, I think its their masterpiece.

True, I played it a lot as Denmark and England great game didn't play anyother but most other are shit compared to this.

Medieval 2 Total War all the way. It was a step up from Rome Total war for me...unlike Rome 2 total war which is probably Though Rome gets my 2nds place vote.

What I mainly love about Medieval2 however is its incredible mod support.

Rage of Dark Gods: Battle for the Empire is the greatest mod I've ever seen in a video game. It brings Medieval2 into the Warhammer universe. Theres badass units like steam tanks, hochland handgunners, and daemonettes. And then there is also the more well known Third Age total war, which is a cool lord of the rings conversion.

Matin Sanguine and Redshark611 like this

Rome total war, and shogun 2 where my favorites

I played Rome way back when but ended up losing the disc....never online but the campaign was fantastic....though I did cheat my ass off then....then I got into Empire Total War and really enjoyed it, and WHERE DO I START WITH SHOGUN 2 IT IS FANTASTIC! Granted, naval battles still take forever but they're not half bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed Fall of the Samurai, if only because I managed to have one of the saddest battles ever....I had 2 units of artillery (Armstrong Guns I think), along with a unit of gatling guns and a whole mess of imperial infantry, the shogunate army I was engaging was composed almost entirely of shogunate infantry and they actually outnumbered me, hence the fact that they were attacking me, now here's where it gets sad.....they had to cross a river to reach my forces, and there was only two spots that could be done, I penned one exit off with gatling guns and infantry in kneel fire, and the other....well the majority of my troops were there anyways....so they had to cross the river under heavy shelling with jack shit they could do about it, that and they actually tried to charge my gatling guns.....I lost 4 men, they lost several hundred.

Rome total war was the best, I had fun playing it for 100+ hours then what I had playing RTW2 for 1 hour

Schwabsteiger likes this

I played all of the TW games except Shogun and I gave my vote to Medieval 2, even though I can't really decide which one is my personal fav; Medieval 2 or Rome :)

Devirius likes this

I played all of the TW games except Shogun and I gave my vote to Medieval 2, even though I can't really decide which one is my personal fav; Medieval 2 or Rome :)

Medieval 2 was awesome :D But imho the unit charge is bugged, since they either stop charging and go slowly in as if they want to hug their enemy, or the charge feels weak. But I enjoyed every moment of it :)