• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

jouley9

Batman: Arkham Knight

92 posts in this topic

Has anyone purchased the game yet or planning to? I am undecided about whether to get it myself. 

The PC version seems to have a lot of problems, it sounds like they have started to fix it but if that is the version you plan on getting I wouldn't start playing it yet.

From reviews the game sounds good though, the only negative I keep seeing is the overuse of the Batmobile and that it gets boring using it (which I can happily say I fully expected to be a problem).

The only negative I keep seeing is the overuse of the Batmobile and that it gets boring using it (which I can happily say I fully expected to be a problem).

"But does it come in black?" :P

I'm planning on getting it the first chance i get. I just know it'll be a good game. You know why?

Because it's Batman!

94205d168e82d98ef21e86d427477d12.jpg

I've watched a few people play it. The frames become a slideshow it's definitely not worth spending money on at the moment. I can see the Steam refunds exploding this morning.

I've watched a few people play it. The frames become a slideshow it's definitely not worth spending money on at the moment. I can see the Steam refunds exploding this morning.

Why does everyone talk as if PC is the only option?

If I'm going to get it, it will be on PS4, i think ill wait a while anyway. But then again, other than the God of War remastered, there isn't an awful lot else being released until September. I've just bought Shadow of Mordor and Dying Light so that should keep me occupied for a while!

I got the PC version real cheap, and just played it for a while. I am well above the recommended requirements, and if I set the FPS cap to 60 runs mostly at that framerate. The gameplay seems great, but at times the framerate dips into the 30s, so I've stopped playing for until they can deliver a more consistent experience.

Jim Sterling's take on the game. Also the PC version is CAPPED AT 30 FPS!

Yep, but you can unlock the lame cap using an ini file. You get the idea they wanted to hide the horrendous frame drops by capping the framerate. Unfortunately that just means permanent stuttering.

Also the PC port was done by someone else other than Rocksteady..

I got it a few days ago on the ps4 and its by far the best out of the series.  Plenty of sidequests with new characters tht havnt been in the Arkham series yet.

The Batmobile its great though it can be abit annoying to drive as the controls aint that great.  As for some people saying its overused i wouldnt agree with that.  I find myself using it alot less then i maybe should.  Other then the sidequests that require you to use it (and the occasional parts in the story) you dont have to use it at all if you dont want to.

I feel it becomes obvious who the Arkham knight is too soon (for those that didnt know aleady)

Some of the riddler trophies are very tricky (which is great as i felt in Asylum they were too easy)

Ofcourse the combat is extremely good with lots of new things added to keep it fresh.

And ofcourse the city is huge (i advie you listen to the odd radio traffic that comes through as it helps to find sidequests and easter eggs)

All in all im loving the game not quite finished it but im nearly there then its time to do the HQ and nightmare missions :)

I've been hearing that many individuals have been having frame rate issues, but there also those who aren't having any. Something in particular with their system must not be agreeing with the bats.

I've been hearing that many individuals have been having frame rate issues, but there also those who aren't having any. Something in particular with their system must not be agreeing with the bats.

Im right near the end of the game and havnt had any issues at all.  Only glitch i have seen is an unconscious thug spinning around on his head.  No frame rate drops etc.

#BeTheBatman? More like #BeTheBatmobile

Im right near the end of the game and havnt had any issues at all.  Only glitch i have seen is an unconscious thug spinning around on his head.  No frame rate drops etc.

Exactly why I'm thinking there must be something in common with those having the frame rate issues, but even so its something that needs to be fixed.

We use use the PC version of the game rather than the console versions, for one :)

But given there's about twice as many negative reveiws as positive, I'm guessing the amount of players with the "correct" hardware setup is in the minority.

What also irritates me are publishers and developers being biased towards one manufacturer or the other (AMD/Intel, Nvidia/AMD) that stunts performance on the one that they didn't choose.

Also, Rocksteady/WB expect you to run it at console level graphics settings: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/td-p/572903

This is unacceptable, considering it is 2015.

Why does everyone talk as if PC is the only option?

I was going to try this game on my new rig that will (hopefully) be up and running this week but I'm wondering if I should just get the console version instead.  I'm not to bothered about framerates, I can put up with 30fps as long as it's stable.

I was going to try this game on my new rig that will (hopefully) be up and running this week but I'm wondering if I should just get the console version instead.  I'm not to bothered about framerates, I can put up with 30fps as long as it's stable.

I'd say if you're a true PC fan, wait for a fix. As for me, i only buy PC versions of games if they have a solid online multiplayer. For anything else, i rely on PS4.

Sadly im one of those suffering from the FPS drop, and a lot more stuff that can be said about the optimization of the PC version. I guess I can call myself a true member of the ANGRYarmy now haha :D My advice would be, DON'T get it for PC yet. I can run 2-5 min of gameplay with 60+ fps, after that.... it just drrooopppppssss :D

And if your rig has an AMD card..... Don't even try, they said that there would be "problems"

I've been playing Arkham Knight on my PS4 and I'm loving it. The only problem I have with the game is the Batmobile. It took me a while to get used to the controls, but it can get frustrating at times. Especially when you have a time limit on something or chasing someone down. Other than that I love this game and is one of the best games this year in my opinion.  

This showed up on @BatmanArkham twitter some time ago.. It might clarify some questions for the PC gamers we have in here.

https://twitter.com/BatmanArkham/status/613576136308580352

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Update-On-PC-Performance/td-p/572899

I think this is some bullshit, RocksteadyGames & WBHomeEnt really screwed themselves on this one.. This game was clearly made for the damn consoles again, and then very poorly ported to PC, which makes no sense to me. Why decline your best paying and most advanced costumers like this.

Steam is already overflowing with bad review's because of these performance issue's on the PC version. 

Personally, after several crashes, glitches, bugs.

I wouldn't even consider sitting down to play this, for any reasonable amount of time, just because of how poor the performance is on my HIGH end PC, if I had paid for this game, then i'd be asking for a refund. Thankfully I got the game for free. This is one of the worst PC ports I have ever seen in my life. 

For right now, the game is trashed for me.. I'll much rather play my Witcher 3 as a example or Elite Dangerous because does are just 200% better optimized games, i'll rather spend my time playing games that are made by developers that give a damn about the PC community, unlike this pile of bullshit which I wouldn't give to my worst fr-enemy.

Batman Arkham knight's performance issue's really came as a surprise to me, why? because this is very uncharacteristic for RSG & WB, they should be ashamed. 

Looking back at Arkham Origins. This game is just crap, compared to performance and graphical settings available etc etc... 

I could keep going, but I won't cause i'ts simply pointless.. DO NOT BY THIS FOR YOUR PC. Yet?

I skipped Arkham Origins, so I could go for another Batman game. Glad I checked this topic to hear about the PC version issues, I'm in no hurry to pick it up just yet.

This showed up on @BatmanArkham twitter some time ago.. It might clarify some questions for the PC gamers we have in here.

https://twitter.com/BatmanArkham/status/613576136308580352

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Update-On-PC-Performance/td-p/572899

I think this is some bullshit, RocksteadyGames & WBHomeEnt really screwed themselves on this one.. This game was clearly made for the damn consoles again, and then very poorly ported to PC, which makes no sense to me. Why decline your best paying and most advanced costumers like this.

Steam is already overflowing with bad review's because of these performance issue's on the PC version. 

Personally, after several crashes, glitches, bugs.

I wouldn't even consider sitting down to play this, for any reasonable amount of time, just because of how poor the performance is on my HIGH end PC, if I had paid for this game, then i'd be asking for a refund. Thankfully I got the game for free. This is one of the worst PC ports I have ever seen in my life. 

For right now, the game is trashed for me.. I'll much rather play my Witcher 3 as a example or Elite Dangerous because does are just 200% better optimized games, i'll rather spend my time playing games that are made by developers that give a damn about the PC community, unlike this pile of bullshit which I wouldn't give to my worst fr-enemy.

Batman Arkham knight's performance issue's really came as a surprise to me, why? because this is very uncharacteristic for RSG & WB, they should be ashamed. 

Looking back at Arkham Origins. This game is just crap, compared to performance and graphical settings available etc etc... 

I could keep going, but I won't cause i'ts simply pointless.. DO NOT BY THIS FOR YOUR PC. Yet?

You mean like pretty much every game made nowadays.  It if it wasnt for consoles most games would never come out on PC. Be happy you even get a port.