• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

jouley9

Batman: Arkham Knight

92 posts in this topic

I was thinking, if they provided an option to toggle Hairworks or gameworks on and off, it could help those who aren't using the "recommended" GPU for the game i.e. Arkham Knight or Project Cars on an AMD card for instance.

Seeing TB's Port Report, it looks like the nVidia Gameworks are options you can turn on and off. Is this not the case for all games that have it? The only game so far that I played that had options similar to this was Tomb Raider with TressFX, which was also something you can turn on and off.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that it RAINS  ( when the rain pattern loads )  indoors on the PS4??     I mean it looks nice as it runs down my batsuit but still a weird weather glitch...

Does this happen on the PC too?

Jim Sterling's video this Monday is on the mess that was Arkham Knight.

Since I might be getting a new computer soon, I might buy one that gives me a free copy of Arkham Knight.  However, I have a question somewhat relevant to the whole "how buggy Arkham Knight is" issue, even though it doesn't have to do with Arkham Knight itself:

How many of the game-breaking bugs, or bugs in general, remain on the PC version of Arkham Origins?

How many of the game-breaking bugs, or bugs in general, remain on the PC version of Arkham Origins?

I recently played through it and didn't encounter any game-breaking bugs or even regular bugs at all. Even the Cold, Cold Night DLC didn't give me any problems. I really don't know what bugs are even left for them to not fix.

I recently played through it and didn't encounter any game-breaking bugs or even regular bugs at all. Even the Cold, Cold Night DLC didn't give me any problems. I really don't know what bugs are even left for them to not fix.

Well that's good to know.  Looks like my strategy of "wait to buy a game on sale at least a year or two after its release" has paid off.

Ysnar likes this

You probably have an Intel/Nvidia setup, which explains the less occurrences of issues before the first patch.

You probably have an Intel/Nvidia setup, which explains the less occurrences of issues before the first patch.

I never played it on release, I started playing it on December last year and finished in January. So I suppose whatever big problems there were got fixed. Also, yeah intel chip and GTX 780M's in SLI.

Well that's good to know.  Looks like my strategy of "wait to buy a game on sale at least a year or two after its release" has paid off.

Sometimes helps to have a big backlog across multiple platforms.

Actually I just remembered a bug that I did come across during my playthrough. Don't know if it can be considered game breaking as I could still progress through it and it has an in-game work around. There's a crime on a bridge that you have to bust, but it doesn't show up. Can't remember if it doesn't show up past a certain point in the game or whatever, but it's necessary to do it in order to liberate the three islands. The work around is that you lure a group of thugs from a similar crime and beat them all up near the bridge.

Quick question. I've noticed the season pass is a great deal more expensive than the usual price. I absolutely love the game (on PS4 obviously), and i'll probably end up buying all of it anyway, but €40 for a season pass seems like alot more than most other games. Is it worth it?

Quick question. I've noticed the season pass is a great deal more expensive than the usual price. I absolutely love the game (on PS4 obviously), and i'll probably end up buying all of it anyway, but €40 for a season pass seems like alot more than most other games. Is it worth it?

Buy a season pass now and you don't know if what you'r paying for is going to be worth it, buy each DLC pack later when some reviews have come in and it will cost you more money.

Thats what I hate about season passes, they could just be selling you crap but know at the time you buy it.

Ixnatifual likes this

Well, apparently there'll be new dlc coming every week for at least 6 months, and all they've released so far is a few additional skins. Unless they add an actual lengthy storyline dlc, i fear people buying it might get screwed. The Harley Quinn and Red Hood dlc's only last for a couple of minutes each from what i heard.

Buy a season pass now and you don't know if what you'r paying for is going to be worth it, buy each DLC pack later when some reviews have come in and it will cost you more money.

Thats what I hate about season passes, they could just be selling you crap but know at the time you buy it.

You could just wait 6-12 months and buy the GOTY edition that has all the released DLCs, skins and exclusive tidbits in one convenient package... all on discount.

You could just wait 6-12 months and buy the GOTY edition that has all the released DLCs, skins and exclusive tidbits in one convenient package... all on discount.

But it won't be a smart investment for people who already own the game now. :P

Also just occurred to me that if the game was pulled off of Steam, does that mean all the negative user reviews go away and when they come back with the fixed version it's a clean slate as far as those go?

Seeing how Deadpool got back on Steam yesterday and the User Reviews go back to 2013, I think that means that when Arkham Knight eventually gets back, so will the bad user reviews from its original release.

Seeing how Deadpool got back on Steam yesterday and the User Reviews go back to 2013, I think that means that when Arkham Knight eventually gets back, so will the bad user reviews from its original release.

If the game is fixed and properly optimized when it gets back on Steam that might not necessarily be a bad thing.  Allot of people would have gave the game 1 star ratings for the bad port and I don't blame them but that's not an accurate indication of what the game is actually like for people (like me) who haven't tried it yet.