• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

A new XCOM Commander is in need of soldiers

163 posts in this topic

At least I'm not dead! But I don't look Korean at all lol. (Not complaining)

At least I'm not dead! But I don't look Korean at all lol. (Not complaining)

You can tell me what you want me to do for your appearance and I can make it as close to that as I can.

Woot! I'm a scout sniper. Now I hope I don't miss at those important moments.

Woot! I'm a scout sniper. Now I hope I don't miss at those important moments.

I'm making you a gunner. I have Commanders Choice on so I can override the default class choices for everyone, it would make no sense to have random stats if I couldn't do that. You have above average health (5 when it can be 3, 4, or 5) and above average AIM (68 instead of 65) and below average mobility so I want you to be a more offensive Gunner, hitting them with Halo Targetting to increase everyone's aim and using shredder ammo for the future hits to do more damage, then getting you double tap so you can fire on two targets each tern to apply those effect. Brooks has lower health and accuracy than you but more mobility so when I make her a Gunner I'll have her focus more on using flush, suppression fire, and heat ammo for mechanical targets that she can be fast enough to get a good position on.

Bbrooks55 and Eiousx like this

I'm making you a gunner. I have Commanders Choice on so I can override the default class choices for everyone, it would make no sense to have random stats if I couldn't do that. You have above average health (5 when it can be 3, 4, or 5) and above average AIM (68 instead of 65) and below average mobility so I want you to be a more offensive Gunner, hitting them with Halo Targetting to increase everyone's aim and using shredder ammo for the future hits to do more damage, then getting you double tap so you can fire on two targets each tern to apply those effect. Brooks has lower health and accuracy than you but more mobility so when I make her a Gunner I'll have her focus more on using flush, suppression fire, and heat ammo for mechanical targets that she can be fast enough to get a good position on.

Sounds good! I need to try the longwar mod myself. That Commanders Choice really makes it easier when setting up squads.

Mexico went silent after a report of heavy alien activity

2015_06_28_00031.jpg

But XCOM had bigger problems, a large mothership was flying over Russia, too powerful for our fighters to shoot down, and it eventually landed right at our doorstep.

2015_06_28_00032.jpg

I did what any good Commander would do, ordered a team of expendable recruits to perform reconnaissance, a team lead by one Mr. Black. They said it was a suicide mission, but Mr. Black would attempt the impossible.

2015_06_28_00033.jpg

They encountered unspeakable horrors but they fought on

2015_06_28_00035.jpg

2015_06_28_00036.jpg

Even when surrounded on all sides, Mr Black's expert use of AP and smoke grenades would see his team victorious.

2015_06_28_00038.jpg

2015_06_28_00040.jpg

2015_06_28_00042.jpg

2015_06_28_00045.jpg

2015_06_28_00046.jpg

2015_06_28_00047.jpg

With four dead Sectoids, two dead Zombies, and six dead Chryssalids a normal team of recruits might have considered the mission a success and have made a tactical retreat. Mr. Black was not a normal man. He would press on until the ship was his.

2015_06_28_00049.jpg

Mr. Black ordered his men to the roof where they engaged four Floaters. Heavily armed and armored the only way to get through the fight without suffering losses was to wound each and every one before killing any and to drop smoke to reduce their aim as much as possible.

2015_06_28_00052.jpg

2015_06_28_00054.jpg

2015_06_28_00056.jpg

2015_06_28_00059.jpg

Mr. Black's expert leadership lead to an easy victory against the floaters, but his mind was focused on the entire battlefield and while he fought he had Bartholomew Kaur investigate a noise he had heard behind them.

2015_06_28_00061.jpg

Four more Chryssalids joined the battle, Black ordered his men to form a line and fire and throw grenades at the heavily armored targets below them

2015_06_28_00065.jpg

2015_06_28_00066.jpg

2015_06_28_00067.jpg

The remaining one tried to climb up and flank the squad but Mr. Black was having none of that shit

2015_06_28_00068.jpg

More floaters appeared coming from the Command room, Kaur quickly shot one back inside

2015_06_28_00071.jpg

Mr. Black was prepared for the final push

2015_06_28_00072.jpg

Mr. Black charged inside and it was at the moment that he learned just how long of a war this might be

2015_06_28_00075.jpg

and that he could always come back another day

2015_06_28_00076.jpg

2015_06_28_00077.jpg

2015_06_28_00078.jpg

Still his efforts were not in vain and he and his team would no doubt be praised for their amazing efforts

2015_06_28_00079.jpg

2015_06_28_00080.jpg

..............Or not, fuck you XCOM. This is why you lose the war in XCOM 2, can't recognise talent.

..............Or not, fuck you XCOM. This is why you lose the war in XCOM 2, can't recognise talent.

Also I'm ok with my appearance, I was just pointing out that I'm supposed to be Korean but I don't think I even look asian.

Where can I get this Lomg War mod? This adds so much to the game. Amazing work Commander.

Where can I get this Lomg War mod? This adds so much to the game. Amazing work Commander.

You can find it on Nexus.

Thanks

I was just pointing out that I'm supposed to be Korean but I don't think I even look asian.

In real life or the game? You didn't say anything about setting your in game appearance so your guy is speaking Polish.

In real life or the game? You didn't say anything about setting your in game appearance so your guy is speaking Polish.

In the game. He speaks Polish? But isn't that the South Korean flag?

In the game. He speaks Polish? But isn't that the South Korean flag?

I can't change flags I can only change their voice, race (only 4 choices), skin tone, character models, hair/helmets, facial hair, hair color, armor look, and armor color. There are a lot of flags in the game that don't have voices for them, even with all the voices that Long War added. They don't even have any languages from Korea/China/Japan/etc unless I choose an English one that says it has a South East Asian accent. So I just ignore the flags.

speaking of how the character can look, could you give mine a cap and a full beard ?

I can't change flags I can only change their voice, race (only 4 choices), skin tone, character models, hair/helmets, facial hair, hair color, armor look, and armor color. There are a lot of flags in the game that don't have voices for them, even with all the voices that Long War added. They don't even have any languages from Korea/China/Japan/etc unless I choose an English one that says it has a South East Asian accent. So I just ignore the flags.

Ah ok. Make me black, so it becomes the weirdest combination ever. Also blonde.

First official mission and get my ass shot. yep I am a bad soldier it seem

no you just attract bullets 

no you just attract bullets 

Well I can see im at least attractive for one thing. he he he :(

2and900 likes this

Well I can see im at least attractive for one thing. he he he :(

You do have a sexy accent.

That Commanders Choice really makes it easier when setting up squads.

Having it on is really the only way to play Long War. 65 is the accuracy that everyone starts with, 4 health, and I think 12 mobility if I have strict screening on so everyone is the same. You get better options when making classes when the stats are more random. Dyzz for example has very poor accuracy with 58 (I think someone character who isn't named has 56 or 54) but he has 15 mobility and 5 health so I can assign him to roles that work well for that such as a medic who is going to be healing and throwing things like smoke grenades, or an engineer who can be using grenades (Rocketeer would be a bad idea as rockets now have scatter and require good AIM, and can be fired after moving with aim penalties), or I can make him a scout and give him a lighter rifle or SMG to further increase his speed and I can use him to flank or to reach objectives quickly, or I could use his extra health as more of a tanking character who can focus on suppression (which can be made even more useful with new abilities and items that allow you to hold more ammo) and the flush ability to get enemies out of cover. Long War gives you a lot more tactical options when it comes to classes and equipment.

Eiousx likes this

As long as I get my mech suit I'm happy.

An abduction in North America. Calijkn and I, both newly promoted, decide to oversee the training of some new recruits. The last batch of promising ones (save for Mr. Black, Neon, and Kaur, who should be running XCOM after what they did, who are still resting)

2015_06_30_00011.jpg

Calijkn arms himself with the Assault Rifle to give himself better mobility and the lower damage gun will allow him to weaken enemies for the recruits to finish off, while lowering their ability to hit and move in the process. The increased accuracy from the Assault Rifle would also benefit him as his new class which allows him to shoot and then take another action (which can include shooting again).

2015_06_30_00006.jpg

It was a good thing we came with the new guys, the aliens had improved their tech and we were now fighting stronger Sectoids

2015_06_30_00015.jpg

No match for our improved skills and firepower though

2015_06_30_00017.jpg

2015_06_30_00018.jpg

2015_06_30_00020.jpg

2015_06_30_00021.jpg

2015_06_30_00022.jpg

Back at base we are quickly installing elevators to reach steam for better generators. Two labs will likely be built in the two free spaces on the top right row and one lab below the one on the far right. The first two levels on the left side are saved for another uplink and three nexus stations to give me another coverage for every country. The built generator will likely be removed and replaced by an officer training center with the second row likely being filled by either a workshop and repair yard or by the containment center and a fourth lab.

2015_06_30_00001.jpg

I am waiting to promote my Gunners and Rocketeers for another week. After launching a satellite over Australia (which is also one of my pending requests) any newly promoted Gunners and Rocketeers will get +2 Aim. There is also a country that gives Medics and Engineers +2 Will, Mech troops and Shivs (which are now useful as destroyed ones can be repaired and they don't get tired) +2 Aim, and one that gives Scouts and Snipers +2 Defense but I don't want to spread myself past 1 or 2 continents with the increased cost and difficulty of having an air force. While the money bonus of Europe is good with the much more useful foundry projects and more difficult to manage air  force I think the bonuses you get from having America or Asia are probably better.

2015_06_30_00002.jpg

Bbrooks55 and Eiousx like this

you are really good at this game, by now I would have gotten at least 3 people killed

you are really good at this game, by now I would have gotten at least 3 people killed

So far my time has taught me that Hunker Down is more useful than Overwatch, if you are out of smoke grenades run, and if you are out of smoke grenades you didn't bring enough smoke grenades.

We have been given a mission from the council (the AJSA Council I assume)

2015_06_30_00024.jpg

It looked like it was time to start promoting people. We were going in with light weapons, light armor, and high mobility characters to get this job done quickly or die trying. No newbies on this mission. Everyone armed with smoke grenades (except for Dyzz who as an engineer gets two of every damaging grenade he equips so I gave him two AP and two HE grenades). I plan to hit them fast with Laser, Dyzz (whose terrible Aim will be improved by fighting up close with a shotgun), and Alexander while Laz and Oryen can support with smoke grenades while Gunner tries to take out long range targets.

2015_06_30_00025.jpg

So Dyzz, Alexander, and Oryen are really fast. How fast? Well, this is how far Oryen can dash and he is still wearing a heavier vest, I could have swapped it out for a lighter one to give him two more mobility, and if he had an SMG he would gain another three.

2015_06_30_00029.jpg

The first thing I did was have Lazilot move up to disable the nearby power source while I sent Oryen and Dyzz to the left side of the map. Alex and Laser went to the right with Gunner following along a high ground path to the left.

2015_06_30_00028.jpg

A lone Thin Man appeared in an unexpected spot and it looked like it might have been the end for Oryen, had Lazilot not exposed herself to danger to take a shot

2015_06_30_00030.jpg

The team on the right continued to advance with Laser taking point while Gunner's new Marksman Rifle made short work of even the aliens in heavy cover.

2015_06_30_00031.jpg

2015_06_30_00032.jpg

Both teams continued to advance, disabling more power supplies along the way. Until Dyzz made his way through a building and found himself fighting three Sectoids. Gunner was able to take out the one suppressing him, while Laz killed another, allowing Dyzz to finish the last one off with his shotgun, he may have terrible aim but apparently he can control his bullets with his mind and make them go in an entirely different direction than where he was pointing, a possible candidate for psychic testing.

2015_06_30_00034.jpg

2015_06_30_00038.jpg

2015_06_30_00035.jpg

The teams regrouped in the middle with Dyzz finishing off another one before he did his job and disarmed the bomb.

2015_06_30_00039.jpg

2015_06_30_00040.jpg

Three thin men dropped in as reinforcements and all went on overwatch (I forgot that that happens). Luckily I had Alexander and his lightning reflexes, he ran towards the nearest thin man drawing and easily avoiding all of their shots before making his own

2015_06_30_00041.jpg

Oryen might have been a good doctor but he was sick of missing every shot and decided to get up close this time

2015_06_30_00042.jpg

Laz deployed smoke to make up for the light cover some of us were in while Gunner wounded the final thin man.

2015_06_30_00043.jpg

2015_06_30_00044.jpg

The thin man fired back with acid that hit both Laz and Laser, (I guess it can cause panic now when you move, no one took damage?)

2015_06_30_00045.jpg

Oryen still wanted to prove his combat prowess and charged in for the final kill

2015_06_30_00046.jpg

2015_06_30_00047.jpg

2015_06_30_00048.jpg

2015_06_30_00049.jpg

The money will be used to start construction on our lab and to prepare to build our final elevator. I now have Scopes (+8 Aim) and Marksman Scopes (Scouts and Snipers can ignore range limits with Marksman rifles) but the Scopes are pretty costly at $70 for one.

For anyone that wanted to see the Long War equipment list

Stats on the first post have been updated.

Bbrooks55 and Dyzzles like this