• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

A new XCOM Commander is in need of soldiers

163 posts in this topic

A team of seven is sent in to the subways to stop a terror mission

Mission_1_20.jpg

Mission_1_21.jpg

After killing three aliens the team notices a horde of zombies advancing on them

Mission_1_24.jpg

Mission_1_22.jpg

Mission_1_26.jpg

Eiousx, Black, and one of the Engineers attempts to deal with the ones in the train while everyone else moves to the right to fight the other advancing group.

Mission_1_27.jpg

Mission_1_28.jpg

Mission_1_29.jpg

Dyzz charges forward to save some civilians and is then given a command by our new Lieutenant to fall back while Neon and Kaur move up and make short work of them.

2015_07_14_00012.jpg

2015_07_14_00013.jpg

2015_07_14_00014.jpg

2015_07_14_00017.jpg

After another small group of Aliens the outbreak is contained

2015_07_14_00018.jpg

Bbrooks55 likes this

It have been a couple of mission and I didnt see my name.  Did my soldier ran away while the security had they back turn?

It have been a couple of mission and I didnt see my name.  Did my soldier ran away while the security had they back turn?

I'm getting kind of burnt out on this. There are so many UFOs, just from having Satelites over India, Japan, Russia, Germany, and Australia. I had shot down three UFOs, got an abudction mission, and got a terror mission (terror and covert missions are also very badly designed, as is most things in XCOM really, although covert mission are badly designed in an often fun way) all in a span of two days. Fatigue recovery takes 4-5 (unless you have officer ranks, psychic powers, or gene mods making it take longer, or an officer with the power to lower everyone fatigue by one day if he is on a mission with them), so you were in recovery the entire time. I could send you out tired but when you come back you would be given a light wound and I'd have to wait about eight days for you to recover. I'm also trying to promote people and you and me have two of the highest experience values, and it takes more experience to get to each higher rank. Going back to getting burnt out on this, even with Enemy Within giving more variety to UFO mission locations (like the farm and destroyed tall building ones, both of which I've seen twice already), the variety is still awful and the forest missions are made so much worse by having more soldiers who don't have access to good cover. If there were a large amount of abudction/council missions that would be fine, as those are enjoyable.

What's strange is that this is all really easily solved (assuming it's a change they could make in the mod). Long War allows high damage shots to just completely destroy UFOs, not giving me a mission but stopping them from completing thier mission and giving me cash and a small amount of one resource (forgot which). I have no idea why I can't just shoot down a UFO and then tell the interceptor to destory it.

I did play another four missions, the game ended up crashing when I had it minimized and . You got shot, again. Two others were gravely wounded (1 health, not needing to be stabillized). I think I have to wait 8-14 days for you and a month for them to heal.

Yeah, I'm done. Long War improves things about XCOM options wise and fixes some of the awful design choices of the base game regarding how country panic is handled and by adding fatigue, but some of the decisions they made end up highlighting all the terrible decisions behind EU and EW (which is pretty much all of them, XCOM is without question one of the most poorly designed games I've ever played, that somehow still ends up being a really fun game, mostly due to how short and easy the base games are). I've ran into too many glitches, shot down too many UFOs on identical maps that don't strategically work with the increased number of soldiers (I think Long War giving you additional soldiers and putting additional enemies on the map causes a lot of problems with how the game was designed to work), and there are too many terrible design decisions that are the fault of Firaxis. For some reason the game wants to keep crashing lately too. Hopefully with XCOM 2 Firaxis can learn from the Long War team, do a better job giving you information now that the game is a PC exclusive, and the game being made to support mods should make things a lot easier for people that want to make something like Long War while also allowing them to edit things that they aren't able to currently.

The Long War mod was just updated yesterday and the teams pretty much done working on it. Sounds like they are going to be making their own game.

I'll have to try playing a permadeath game with AJSA members again. Maybe Darkest Dungeons once it fully releases or Battle Brothers once that gets a few more updates.

Bbrooks55, Eiousx and Dyzzles like this

It was a good run while it lasted, props to you for not letting any of us die. :D

Will definitely throw my name in when/if you do something similar.

It was fun for as long as it lasted, certainly did better than me XD

Sucks it's over, but glad to have had my soldier lend a hand a bit lol. You get my support if you ever do another forum thing like this again.

Well it was fun while it lasted... on the bright side, at least if we do one of these for xcom 2 it can make canonical sense XD 

Sign me up sir

Name Me Arsenal

English (Australian)

Class Sniper

Colour White

Its An honour Comander

Sign me up sir

Name Me Arsenal

English (Australian)

Class Sniper

Colour White

Its An honour Comander

uh, he is done with the game

likes this

Just a suggestion maybe a mod could lock this for us so that we know it's done and over.