• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Are you truly satisfied with the PS4?

12 posts in this topic

Just a bit of a rant about how I feel towards the PS4 so far:

So I have had my PS4 for over a year now, and I have to say; I am not really satisfied with this generation of consoles..........yet! So much so in fact, I feel the exact same way with the Xbox One. Sure, I have had fun and lengthy games to play, but nothing all that substantial. Many of the games I have bought over this past year, I have barely finished, not because I am bored of them, but because I just don't feel the need to finish them, or maybe I am bored of them and I am just looking for an excuse to justify my purchase. I find myself using the PS4 to watch YouTube videos, use it for Netflix or to just talk to people via Party Chat, which really doesn't justify my purchase.

I chose to buy the PS4 because I am primarily a PlayStation guy (I have had all the PlayStation consoles and have enjoyed them all), but I am a lover of gaming as a whole...........well, until they do something stupid in the industry, which is quite often. I love playing the games that Sony offers us (with the exclusive titles), they have always interested me, some more than others, but they are experiences that you may never get anywhere else. Take Shadow of the Colossus for example, one of my all time favourite games, whether you like the game or not, you cannot play any other game like it because it is unique, even games like Flower, inFamous, Journey, hell, even Uncharted to an extent and many more, all games that you can only play legitimately on a PlayStation console, but so far, I have not entirely enjoyed a PlayStation exclusive as a whole. I love playing BloodBorne, but I found the game a tad too easy and really short (plus the chalice dungeons are incredibly boring in my honest opinion), inFamous: Second Son was a beautiful looking game, but the gameplay was bland and repetitive (the same goes for First Light), Killzone: Shadow Fall was half decent, but the whole game felt like a shallow tech demo for whats to come in the near/distant future, Driveclub...........well, I won't get into that! As for the rest of the games; all very MEH! I know that you can play some really good titles on the PS4, but they're mostly multiplatform, and I can experience them elsewhere, whether it be Triple-A or Indie, or they are games that we have already played last gen, which is good and all but there is nothing out now that is truly great, no real passion and innovating to keep me interested long enough to finish the games they make (sorry for sounding like a selfish douche, but I bet some of you may feel the same way in some shape or form).

Maybe my interest with gaming has evolved over the years, just as the industry has........or maybe all the nonsense over the years has made me cynical, I don't know for sure, but what I do know is that I don't feel truly satisfied yet. It may sound like I am moving on from gaming, but I am just as passionate about video games as I was ten years ago. I love the stories about the development behind the games they make (like what the show in Indie Game The Movie), I love to talk about the games I see, play or hear about, whether it be online or amongst friends, I watch a substantial amount of video game related content  such as theories, let's plays, previews, podcasts and so on. I love to go back and play some of my all time games such as the Metal Gear series, so it is clear that I am not losing my passion for the industry, it just feels like the industry is losing its passion for the industry..........well at least I see it that way, especially in the console space. Well at least I have Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain to look forward to, but until then, well, who knows what, I may find something that will justify my purchase..........or maybe not, just first world problem of being a PS4 owner I guess.

TL;DR - I don't feel that my purchase of the PS4 was truly worth it yet.

I feel you to some degree. Honestly, the reason I decided to get the PS4 was... because PS+ was mandatory to play online. I know that doesn't make sense, so lemme explain.

The reason that pushed me towards it is because, while I will be getting a, Xbone, I'm not there yet, and PS4 had me interested. Knowing that Sony was adapting the same sort of system as Live peaked my interest because I (foolishly) thought that would mean that that ps+ money would be going into decent servers.

Am I happy with my PS4? Oh yes. Am I disappointed. Very much so. Not just because Sony couldn't tell the difference between a server and the city of Paris to save thier life, but because overall my experience has been very... eh. Sure, this current gen looks great, especially when games aren't capped at an inexcusable 30FPS, but nothing has REALLY shown why the jump was needed yet.

I feel the same way about the consoles, it's because that I'm unsatisfied that I don't show my face in the rooms. But when MGSV, Fallout 4, and other great titles come out I think I will be fully invested into my PlayStation 4.

While I'm not 100% disappointed with the PS4, I do feel that I bought my PS4 earlier than I should have, I do however think that, in 2016, we will get some worthwhile exclusives that will justify the purchase.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that it usually takes 2-3 years for good exclusives to find their way into the libraries PS and Xbox consoles?   

I'm about 75% satisfied with PS4. Just missing some features they advertised at launch (Like Now but given their pricing and support I don't know if that'll be any good anyway) and it wasn't a very big leap in graphical power from the previous generation. I know it's still early and it took years for developers to get the most out of the PS3 but the graphics processors are dated even by current standard so I don't see them pumping much more out of them anyway, seems like Microsoft and Sony had a secret meeting to say hey lets both make some money and release a new generation now using this spec so it'll be cheap to manufacture :P

Ever since Bloodborne came out, I am satisfy however this upcoming year will cement my feelings more. 

WeLiVeR likes this

I have both consoles. I am happy with both but I do play my xbox more.

I've owned a PS4 for two days, but I must say, between the two, the PS4 actually felt like a premium experience. The PSN+ value is cheaper and of the greater value over Xbox Live's services/offers. The only downside to my PS4 right now is lack of friends and it sounds like a jet engine often while playing Triple AAA titles.

Had the exclusives been more memorable, I'd be more happy with it. As it is, the only real exclusive I've fully enjoyed is Bloodborne. TLOU Remastered too but the game itself is also on PS3 so...

There are some multiplats that I do enjoy on consoles more than pc simply because of port quality or longevity of community. I've found that people tend to stick around on a game longer on consoles than on PC, especially for CoD (not that I'm a huge fan).

There are some promising games coming out so I'm not willing to give up on it quite yet. right now, I'm at about 60%

I love everything about my PS4.

Just one thing dissapoints me that you need to pay for PSN+ to play online and also the vital importance of having fast internet connection always.

I had gotten mine ordered 1-2 weeks ago and it came in today, The Little 'Get the most out of your PS4 system' pamphlet ... Everything expired 7 days ago.

10/10 would be fooled again.

Anyways, I'll be honest, only reason I went PS4 over Xbone was Bloodborne. And BB is kickin' ass so I'm fairly satisfied. 

For the most part yes.

100% of course not.

My biggest concern is the amount of times the playstation network goes down whether for maintenance or malicious attacks.

The PSN game catalog for PS4 does not include many of the digital only gems from last generation.Is there a technical reason for this or it this to make the PS now service more appealing.