• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blurmania 53

Halo 5 guardians, no split screen in SP/MP modes

13 posts in this topic

For the full news coverage check this link, basically it looks like split-screen wont be coming at all, personally a major setback for halo franchise/halo community.  If you want to sign the petition for splitscreen in h5,  follow this link and sign the petition https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-343-industies-bonnie-ross-kiki-wolfkill-microsoft-studios-add-split-screen-co-op#petition-letter

I can see why this would bother others, but all my friends are over the internet now so I don't mind sacrificing it for the better framerate.

^ me too, sort of, but my question is why was it possible on the previous halo games and not on halo 5, this is next gen tech, or current gen tech as we call it now even if its for better framerate?.

^ me too, sort of, but my question is why was it possible on the previous halo games and not on halo 5, this is next gen tech, or current gen tech as we call it now even if its for better framerate?.

Whatever extra power they use for rendering two+ screens i guess is going into other stuff. Bigger maps, more enemies at once, better AI. Background shit, shiny graphics. Who knows.

Whatever extra power they use for rendering two+ screens i guess is going into other stuff. Bigger maps, more enemies at once, better AI. Background shit, shiny graphics. Who knows.

Yeah, I can see that being a  plus, but the cynic in me looks at this in a different way: this is a way to sell more units all around. My friend EvanThePixelPusher has Halo nights every once in a while for his youtube channel with some buddies and I can't see them doing 8 plus Xbox ones for a halo night. Granted, this isn't a problem for me to join them since I live 4 states away so we have to play on live anyways, but this effectively kills a LAN party. Not only do you have to have multiple Xbox Ones, you have to all have gold accounts (no guests since no splitscreen). Again, this makes playing with friends problematic for someone like me, who likes to do live collabs with friends. Say I have some people to do a video for the channel, now we have to have two xones, a fully split internet connection (and xbox in general has poor poor router support from my experience of trying to split multiple 360's on a single router before).

The easiest solution for me would be 1080p singleplayer, 720P medium res for multiscreen. That should be more than enough power given back to the council to support splitscreen and I think its a fair concession.

Yeah, I can see that being a  plus, but the cynic in me looks at this in a different way: this is a way to sell more units all around. My friend EvanThePixelPusher has Halo nights every once in a while for his youtube channel with some buddies and I can't see them doing 8 plus Xbox ones for a halo night. Granted, this isn't a problem for me to join them since I live 4 states away so we have to play on live anyways, but this effectively kills a LAN party. Not only do you have to have multiple Xbox Ones, you have to all have gold accounts (no guests since no splitscreen). Again, this makes playing with friends problematic for someone like me, who likes to do live collabs with friends. Say I have some people to do a video for the channel, now we have to have two xones, a fully split internet connection (and xbox in general has poor poor router support from my experience of trying to split multiple 360's on a single router before).

The easiest solution for me would be 1080p singleplayer, 720P medium res for multiscreen. That should be more than enough power given back to the council to support splitscreen and I think its a fair concession.

yeah it is a shame that split-screen is not available like the way you state above^. For me it does not matter much since I don't have any friends that plays halo or owns an xbox one that can play local split screen. 

It does suck for those who use it but me personally I never used split screen for any game just cause I hate having two+ screens on one. But it really surprises me that a decent portion of the community are making threads and petitions for it, I check the halo forums daily and still it's an issue. But I guess when a feature has been in most other games of the series is removed now there is some outcry to be expected.

I wish Halo 5 did support split-screen because my brother and I play on the same Xbox while my other brother plays on his own Xbox in his room. I do understand that split-screen coop isn't as popular as it use to be, but having that option was always nice to have in games like Halo. 

I have always said that this movement to kill off local play is my biggest gripe with modern gaming, but like Doshka and blurmania have stated, I am also at a place where I only really game with other people online these days. I do feel the industry have pushed online gaming to make more money, I'm just fortunate that I'm at an age and place in my life where it's better for me this way.

Same for me. While I it will have little to no affect on me personally, it is a nascence I don't see necessary to get rid of. What is the point of not allowing any splitscreen at all? I do LAN  parties alot when i find new people to get to know them(You know a person by whether they pick up the shotgun or the sword. It is a fact about life my friends). And I do see the reason used is framerate loss and also harder to code to make it look nice, but thats the player's choice to live with, not the designers' to just get rid of the prospect entirely. And, as previously said, the only valid reason to get rid of the function is to just sell more units on the xboxone. Which is fine, in my opinion. It is also the gamer's choice to buy the game or not, they are being up front with it. But I don't see a real honest explanation of why this move was necessary for the function of the game itself. And that does bug me. 

I guess this would bother me more, but like most people have been saying my friends and I play through the interwebs for the most part. And if we do get together to play halo it will probably be Halo 3 or Halo 2. 

This does bother me, I have used split-screen to play with friends in about a million times, Not everyone can afford an xbox, let alone buy the game, or have xboxlive gold acc to play with your buddies over internet over here. That's where split-screen has always brought joy to me and my friends when playing Halo. A huge let down, that this FUNDAMNETAL feature that was always included in the franchise isn't gonna be present. It is one of Halo's features i loved most always. I can't imagine playing Halo without my buddies next to me punching me in the face for teabagging them in multiplayer, or making him/her drop down a cliff in the campaign. A console should have games that allows you to play with your buddies on your own couch, that's what a console was originally for right? And Halo always had it. ( Future installment's probably won't ) Seems to me like some cash grabbing scheme, as the reasons stated by 343 are totally bull in my opinion.

I am totally against the split-screen cut 343 is doing. Signed the thing above.

I just hope Halo 5 will not be like Halo MCC launch