• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dane2hip48

what game made you feel like you were makinging decisions that actually change the outcome of the game.

22 posts in this topic

For me it would be

Alpha protocol and Dragon Age Origins.

The amount of choice in these games were amazing to me. Actually felt like I was in control of the story and its direction.

Whats yours?

Ysnar likes this

God I really need to get it! Is it really as good as Skyrim?

Mass effect 3 

E4nCvfL.gif

Call of Duty:Advanced Warfare

Open world and a lot of choices,you need to try it

Cities: Skylines. You mismanage your city and people will leave or abandon buildings.

Someone needs to make a sim city game in which the apocalypse starts if you drive it into the ground. (:

I won't add any spoilers, here are some more:

Telltale's The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead... season 1 to be specific.  I've tried season 2 and from what I have heard of the other games (Game of Thrones and Tales from Borderlands), there's more of the illusion of choice, rather than actual choices with tangible consequences.

Mass Effect 2 - Specifically the final mission... some choices can have disastrous results.

KOTOR 1 and 2

Fallout 1, 2, 3 and NV - Endings are radically different, depending on how you interacted with others... even if the endings are very simple, it has great meaning for someone who sank 100-300+ hours in a playthrough.

The answer to that question is the question itself. Any game that makes me feel like the choices i made changed the outcome of the game. This isn't much of an opinion-based question, tbh. A game either gives you that feeling or it doesn't, and each of those games is the same for everyone in that regard. A game clearly can't give you that kind of feeling if the story or gameplay won't allow it.

Mount & Blade: Warband

Because I decided to install 1257AD, I decided to be a Scottish Noble, I decided to overthrow them and establish my own empire out of the British Isles, I then decided to conquer Western Europe and forge an alliance with the Mongols.

Oh, and I decided to succeed, so I did.

Pretty good game when it comes to decision making.

Dragon Age: Origins

Enough said...

Witcher 3 obviously the best game ever made so i would also say Witcher 3

Actually I changed my mind.  Super Smash Bros.

If I don't understand what's going on, I will get sandwiched and lose quickly or accidentally SD.

Can't tell you how many victories I've had that were decided by one or last second KO.

Any and all fighting games. You misread your opponent, do a wrong move / counter-attack, and you lose.

MadDemon64 likes this

Hmm, if I had to say one I HAVE played, it would be Overlord and Overlord 2. I know there are really only two choices but I had fun running through it again making the alternative choices. (Domination in Overlord 2 is so much fun :D)

The Witcher would be one of the only series where your choices matter both in terms of what happens to places or people but also can heavily effect what you are doing and where you are going not just at the end but throughout the game.

Then there are games like Alpha Protocol, Fallout, Wasteland, where your actions won't really change much of how the overall story plays out or where you go (except for maybe at the very end) but you can get unexpected results with characters and places and how those people and things change during the game or after. How you play Dishonored also has a big impact on the setting and how characters treat you but you are still going to the same place with the same objectives. There are certain changes throughout the Deus Ex games depending on things you say or when/if you kill certain people early but nothing really important plot wise until the end. In Planescape Torment your alignment shifts depending on the actions you take and the things you say.

Then there's the games that give illusion of choice or pretend that your choices matter but they really don't like in Telltales games, LA Noire, David Cage games, or the Mass Effect/Dragon Age series. A small change if someone dies early or a line of dialogue to show you the game remembers something you did but nothing beyond that, even when it comes to the games endings.

Ysnar likes this

Mass effect trylogy made me feel that my decisions matter till I saw the ending.

Witcher 3 made me feel that my decisions matter till I sawb the ending.

The list go on.

Don't get me wrong witcher is awesome but if you chose iorveth path your save goes out of the window...

Roche still likes you, there is no saskia no iorveth, zoltan never menchions anything abount defending the free kingdm where humans and ef and dwarves can live together in peace.

Nope why the **** woud he, racial peace is not a big deal right ?

Oh that's easy!

Mass Effect...all the way up until the last ten minutes. :angry:

Yeah, F you too, Bioware. (still curious what ME 4 will do)

If you want a great example where just the opposite happens and it's still AWESOME - Half Life 2.

The Game of Life

I used to think that too. Then I figured out it didn't matter which way I voted and gave up. ;)

The witcher easily. Also the wolf among us. In the other telltale games I feel like you have the illusion of choice pretty much. 

The witcher 3 is by far one of my favorite games i've played. And one of the big reasons is that every choice you make has not only an immediate consequence but a FAR reaching one, im not thar far into the game but i have allready regreted 1 or 2 of my choices slapping myself in the face saying to myself "fuck why did i do that" this will be a game that i will definitly have to do another playthrough to make other choices