• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Anyone else having trouble with ADCs in the current Meta?

21 posts in this topic

So I was maining ADCs really hard before Cinderhulk was introduced and my Win Rate was really really good. Carrying with ADC was easy, even if not fed. But I noticed after the Cinderhulk meta, even if I go like 10/0 in first 20 minutes, I can't carry late game with all the current BS tanks in the game, who just crush you down and zone you out so hard that you are useless.

About 2 months ago I got into a 12 lose streak and got demoted because I was spamming ADCs so hard. I decided to start playing jungle, mid and support the most and my win rate jumped really hard. I'm on 12 win streak atm (for some reason getting barely 17LP still :c )

Anyways, to sum it up...

This is my winstreak atm, after I stopped spamming ADCs in the crappy Meta (3 games are friend's tho, gave him my account to help his friend win promos for gold)

431f87612e2133209c663a494d4cb983.png

My games when I spammed ADCs... (after Cinderhulk)

e9110006a252167b06bb233beb70a8c9.png

And these were my average games BEFORE Cinderhulk and crap (except 0/9 Lucian game LOL)

d1546c7f57ed8a9c6f5ce18199ba81a0.png

Maybe I was just on a major tilt, I don't know, but holy crap check the difference. Of course before I started spamming mid champions i played tons of normals to find ones I like

I still keep on playing Azir and Leblanc a lot on midlane in normals to practice even better and my W/L in general is just better on any other lane as long as it's not bot.

f9e5ebcb6f667e436acabfbe14912e52.png

Since I main support a lot, I would feed my ADC like 5 kills in a really short amount of time but we would end up losing as soon since they had like 2-3 tanks. Look at my Vayne game, 32/12 lol and I lost. Early-mid I was deleting them and then they had 3 tanks in about mid-late game, they zoned me out and pooof...we lost. Their jungler had 28 kills in the end and top laner about 30 too...was a crazy game.

Anyways whole point was I feel like I suck at ADCs now...not sure about others but I used to feel really confident when I mained ADCs before Cinderhulk meta and now I feel like crap and feel like I will lose even when I'm fed. The only time I do win is when we have enough tanks as well which can hard-peel for me, otherwise just no...

Anyone else having the same issue?

The age of ADC carries is currently in a hard spot, it is still possible to carry and win as a ADC main its just a very hard road to travle and defo a uphill climb, it is also very dependant on your team and the other team and what each team has in it.

In general these days the team with the most tanks will win the game as this is the meta of the tanks, Tank really do win wars in this current meta unless you can win a game before said tanks become too much, but even then ur aiming for winning games before the 30 minute mark with in most cases is pretty hard to do these days.

ADCs like Vayne, Sivir and Kailsta seem to be the main ones to carry on atm in this tanky meta, with Varus and Kog Maw starting to show up in the Mid lane now (pointing to a minor meta shift maybe?) but yeah in general if u wanna carry as a ADC u need to be playing one of those 3 champs, as Vayne are Kalista are pretty good at tank killing with there damage encharments (Vayne W? and Kailstas Rend stacks) being what gives them a edge against tanks.

However i dont really have much more to say on this as am a mid lane/jungler main myself lol. Am sure someone else could explain it better.

(also HEY i helped in some of those wins xD!!!!)

Yeah I agree but winning with Vayne and Kali is extremely hard unless you have tanks to peel back for you unless you are a god ADC which I wasn't even near but I was confident and good enough before that :(

Oh well, times change. (thanks rito) QQ

And yes you did xD

I main jungle and even I find it a bit hard to carry. When you are the jungler you rely a lot on your adc and your mid to do damage. If they are stupid and fuck up, then you are mostly screwed. I think that your main problem is that you play a lot of vayne. Maybe try other good adc's like varus and sivir. They have a lower skill cap so you should be doing better with them in theory.

I main jungle and even I find it a bit hard to carry. When you are the jungler you rely a lot on your adc and your mid to do damage. If they are stupid and fuck up, then you are mostly screwed. I think that your main problem is that you play a lot of vayne. Maybe try other good adc's like varus and sivir. They have a lower skill cap so you should be doing better with them in theory.

I tried, I only started playing lots of Vayne after Cinderhulk, but many yeah...I just haven't had good success in general with any ADC, but you still got a point. Might go something else.

Clearly the thing you need to do is. *puts on the deal with it shades* Git gud. 

Now excuse me well i slap myself for that. Anyways the best way for you to be gaining freelo in the current meta is either  play vayne or kog'maw adc. Or anything with %hp dmg cuz at  the moment best stat in the game is HP.

There is a reason why kog'maw, tristana, and vaynes have been spiking in ranked win rates. Which means even those "smurf" vaynes in bronze who call themselves vaynehellsingxxx are even getting freelo :D

Clearly the thing you need to do is. *puts on the deal with it shades* Git gud. 

Now excuse me well i slap myself for that. Anyways the best way for you to be gaining freelo in the current meta is either  play vayne or kog'maw adc. Or anything with %hp dmg cuz at  the moment best stat in the game is HP.

There is a reason why kog'maw, tristana, and vaynes have been spiking in ranked win rates. Which means even those "smurf" vaynes in bronze who call themselves vaynehellsingxxx are even getting freelo :D

Even with Vayne, you need lots of peel. If they have 3 tanks, and you have 1, you probably won't win even if you are fed unless they are really bad or make a major throw. 

Vayne's positioning is extremely important and can be easily tanked out and if your team can't peel for you...then I don't know what you can do besides making God plays and hoping that's enough.

I just feel like the team with better peel for their ADC is the winning ticket.

Vayne is a good pick no one can denie that but Apex has it spot on, she relive too much on her team and being able to get into the right places without getting hammered, and like he said if his team only has 1 tank and the others have more than that then your team is pretty fucked (also varus is good for mid lane not so much as a "bot lane" adc atm).

Sivir and Kog Maw (tho again Kog is more a mid laner atm) are very good picks and ones u should maybe think about playing, i watch a lot of LCS and Sivir is picked alot along with Kalista who you could thing about picking up too Apex. Or u can do what i do and play jinx lol.

Apex Spartan likes this

Vayne is a good pick no one can denie that but Apex has it spot on, she relive too much on her team and being able to get into the right places without getting hammered, and like he said if his team only has 1 tank and the others have more than that then your team is pretty fucked (also varus is good for mid lane not so much as a "bot lane" adc atm).

Sivir and Kog Maw (tho again Kog is more a mid laner atm) are very good picks and ones u should maybe think about playing, i watch a lot of LCS and Sivir is picked alot along with Kalista who you could thing about picking up too Apex. Or u can do what i do and play jinx lol.

Hmm I guess yeah. To be honest when I used to play ADC I didn't get used to so many tanks which is probably a problem for me. I also need more peel if  they have more tanks and so on. Oh well, I pick Vayne and Jinx a lot...I don't remember why I played so many Vayne games back then but I will probably change that.

Hmm I guess yeah. To be honest when I used to play ADC I didn't get used to so many tanks which is probably a problem for me. I also need more peel if  they have more tanks and so on. Oh well, I pick Vayne and Jinx a lot...I don't remember why I played so many Vayne games back then but I will probably change that.

If i was you man i would defo try and pick up Kalista if you can, she is so strong atm in this meta and she can deal with tanks very well with her E (rend) and her jumping/movabilty which lets her kite around tanks for days lol. If you can master her i think u would find this tank meta a bit easier.

If i was you man i would defo try and pick up Kalista if you can, she is so strong atm in this meta and she can deal with tanks very well with her E (rend) and her jumping/movabilty which lets her kite around tanks for days lol. If you can master her i think u would find this tank meta a bit easier.

I can't get used to her passive and the fact that I can't cancel AAs. She is overall easy to play for me but I just don't like playing her.

Is it just me or are tank's the new carry's?

I am seeing sooo many people play tanky champ's on South American & Brazil server, there are atleast 2-3 tanky champ's minimum in each team. It seems people prefer buffer champs over less bulky ones. In 20 games this week alone, i havn't seen a single carry in my team actually carry the damned team! It seems so hard to play ADC bot lane lately, i kinda dropped it. Trying to avoid it, feels like you are useless, With all the tanky business, can't get used to it. For me, without your team literally setting up shop down there you are screwed, because the other team will otherwise. It used to be so easy for me to carry and get elo fast, playing adc. <_<

Season 2 was still the most balanced for me, the time where you'd play mid lane, and each match you wouldn't build the same 3 items over and over again. :P:rolleyes:
 GG RITO

Well, I dont know. You can always try Caitlyn with the new passive buff she got. She seems now to be able to destroy tanks better. With good positioning and a good escape spell, she could now actually turn things around with a well placed Headshot. (And hope that it crits!)

Well, I dont know. You can always try Caitlyn with the new passive buff she got. She seems now to be able to destroy tanks better. With good positioning and a good escape spell, she could now actually turn things around with a well placed Headshot. (And hope that it crits!)

Don't like Cait, too boring for me with the constant pokes only and too safe.

I remember the time, when the meta was playing ADC mid lane. I loved to play Ashe then and I love to play Ashe after the rework. But honestly, I'm not sure if I'm a ADC you would except to have, I'm hardly carrying with kills. I'm more likely the one, who gives the enemie the chills, because he always has to fear to get hit by my ulti out of nowhere. :D

The cinderhulk meta might not shine as much as it did in the past, but I still find it hard to play ADC in certain games. Tank shreders/mix damage dealers such as Vayne, Kog'Maw, Corki and Tristana (maybe throw in a litle Draven in there, cause he has probably the most damaging auto attacks in the game and some ridiculous crits) are good against the most tanky/defensive teams.

Peel is extremely important for an AD Carry, some might need it more than others. And with peel I am obviously going to talk about the front line. If your team doesn't have a decent front line, capable of imposing pressure to those who dare dive their carries, it is nearly impossible to win team fights unless your positioning is god tier or you have a big lead on the enemy team and the game is still in early mid game fase. I swear the times I've felt frustrated because my top laner decided to choose Yasuo top and my jungler had the brilliant idea of going Kha'Zix/Rengar are to many to count.

But still, if you have a front line what is your team going to do about a sated devouer Shyvana? A fed LeBlanc? A full build Diana or a 16/0 Riven or Rengar?

When the enemy team picks more than 2 diving champs capable of instagibing me everytime, i just want to surrender as soon as I spawn to start the game, because most of the time that is what happens and i get instantly deleted unless im playing Vayne.

ADC is in a realy messed up place right now and extremely dependent. It is rare to do crap as ADC and still win the Game other than in Ranked Team.

Fun fact: Preseason this year is all about marksmen and every marksmen is getting changes or reworks. Rito says your welcome.

Ahri mains are also happy and terrified. *cough* screw annie, vlad, swain* cough*. 

Ahri mains are also happy and terrified. *cough* screw annie, vlad, swain* cough*. 

You wanna play too? it'll be fun!  :P Main Annie ftw

RavenKitsune likes this