• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

General Bravo

We're Coming Back

16 posts in this topic

On the 14th of March, 2015, the Second Campaign of the AJSA within Planetside 2 was brought to a close. The reasoning was as follows:

- Connectivity issues. For several weeks prior to the outfit's closure, several of our players encountered significant issues with heavy fps drops, obscenely high ping levels, and even crashing. Needless to say, for those players who had these issues, the game stopped being fun extremely quickly.

- The SOE buyout. At this point, SOE had recently been bought by Columbus Nova and their new brand name was announced to be Daybreak Games Company. People began having concerns that this would result in the game being shifted in a pay-to-win direction, alienating those who would prefer to acquire gear via in-game grinding rather than IRL grinding.

- The toxic atmosphere. The previously mentioned factors, coupled with a general fatigue among the playerbase, combined to make a very toxic atmosphere on the Teamspeak channel during the last few events. This behavior resulted in those who were upset at the game getting more upset and probably pushed away several newcomers who would have otherwise been excited to play this game.

It's been over two months since the final operation of the Second Campaign. Since then, the connectivity issues have been fixed, and the May update added some significant changes. The major components were as follows:

-Spawn Rule Change-If a base is no longer connected to a faction's warpgate via lattice line, that faction can no longer spawn there. This helps cut down on redeployside and forces any zergs to defend against flanking movements or risk losing numerous territories in one go.

-Vehicle Ejection Bug Fix-No more getting shot 500 feet in the air when you get out of your tanks.

-Galaxy Ammo Dispenser and Proximity Repair-New upgrades for the Galaxy, finally making it a fully functional airborne Sunderer. This may cause alterations in tactics by outfits and platoons with more of an aerial focus, which should be interesting to see.

The rest of the changes are listed in a post I previously made about this update here, so click the link to see the changes that were made in detail. I believe the vast majority of changes made in this update will help improve the game overall.

Given the fact that it's clear Daybreak is continuing to work on improving the game, the connectivity issues are largely cleared up, those who were fatigued of the game's problems three months ago have now had a significant period of time off from the game, and summer break is here, I feel the time is right. As such, it is my pleasure to announce the return of the AJSA to Planetside 2!

We will be continuing to hold minor weekend ops to get everyone back into the swing of things for a few weeks before we have a formal relaunch event to get the Third Campaign rolling.

post-58285-0-96825800-1435882009_thumb.j

:) I wondered where that picture went....

Looking forward to the upcoming ops and glad you decided to start back up its rekindled my interest.

Madmatt150 likes this

Damn I look sexy in that photo. 

The photo kind of reminds me of the photo we took when announcing PS2 would cease to be supported

oYilBp5.jpg

BlackOpsElf and General Bravo like this

Damn I look sexy in that photo. 

Don't we all?

Any plans for the Planetside 2 for the PS4? I hear it's fairly similar to PlanetSide 2 on the PC other than technical details (30fps, lower level of graphical detail etc.).

Any plans for the Planetside 2 for the PS4? I hear it's fairly similar to PlanetSide 2 on the PC other than technical details (30fps, lower level of graphical detail etc.).

Wrong sub-forum. This is PC-Gaming related, you want to head to console gaming territory: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forum/102-planetside-2/

I got bored and frusterated with all the nerfing going on in this game.  Stupid Vanu had to many overpowered weapons including stupid sythe.  Stupid people that hacked all the time.

The only way I best remember was to zerg, was to just horde with tanking (not using tanks), and using engineers to repair along with have a couple squads as granadiers and medics.  Either then that it was a crap shoot at times, and frusterated me that weapons where not balanced enough.  

ALSO LAAAAGGGGGG!!!!  

Might give it a try again, but right now im just getting back into gaming since iv been without my laptop since last october?/ November?

what server is this outfit on? i'm new to this community and planetside 2, so i kind of want to learn the ropes.

Is the AJSA back in force? Are ops back? Had to take a break for a year b/c if rl stuff, but if the AJSA is back on Auraxis, I'll be there

We are back with the ops on sunday at 12:00 CST. The training is on Tuesdays at 12:00 CST.

There are now also mid week ops running every wednesday at 18:00 CST and 18:00 BST. The mops are intended to allow both the EU and US members to get together midweek both times are open to all members irrespective of their locality.

thats why everybody loves the train babeh 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO