• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MoVe

Skyforge [new mmo rpg]

51 posts in this topic

skyforge_pvp_001.jpg

So you all probably heard about Skyforge. Its no ordinary mmo and It launches next week (July 16th).

I will be leading the EU community (at least until a new leader wants to take over). Info about recruitment, strategy and other important stuff will be posted in this thread, so dont miss out.

For now I would like to see how many members are interested in this AAA mmorpg and what role are you planning to pick up. If you are free to play 3 roles are unlocked instantly (Mage, tank, support), to unlock others you need to progress.

I will pick up the  support, since I see think we wont have that many.

Short info about the game:

Free 2 play

Does not look pay2win for now. Premium perks are small

Has something for anyone (competitive and casual pve/pvp)

Instance based

Complex skill tree, a lot of customization

Action/tab target mix.

Guild wars (pvp and pve)

fuzzypanda and agosparti like this

I am definitely going to play this game I am downloading it as we speak!

I am really interested in this game.... so i am definitely going to play it .  And the class i will choose will be the mage  i really like the abilities he haves .

Wardo likes this

I wanna play the berserker but I dont want to drop cash into the game before I know its anygood haha.

zoterk likes this

I am also looking forward to play this if my rig can handle it. While cabal 2 left me with a bad taste in my mouth, I hope this game is gonna make a difference.

zoterk likes this

I am also looking forward to play this if my rig can handle it. While cabal 2 left me with a bad taste in my mouth, I hope this game is gonna make a difference.

I own a 4 year old laptop that can run it on medium graphics.

Unless you are trying to play the game on a toaster your rig can handle it.

I'm going to hold out for the 16th. but can't wait. Definitely going to get Berserker. It's the style I always go for in games if it's possible. Also, looking forward to trying out other classes like Kinetic. It looks like a Biotic class from Mass Effect.

I'm going to hold out for the 16th. but can't wait. Definitely going to get Berserker. It's the style I always go for in games if it's possible. Also, looking forward to trying out other classes like Kinetic. It looks like a Biotic class from Mass Effect.

Inb4 Frozen related cryomancer jokes.

Oh great, all aboard the new hype train is it? I'll stay on the other side of town in case it rams into the station upon arrival like so many others have before it. It'd be one thing if this was just a game that finally crawled it's way over here after being in full release status elsewhere for some time, but this sucker is brand new, and this isn't its release, it's the start of the actual, original, the game is still in development open beta. One thing you have to remember about games in this state is that anything, and everything is subject to change at any time, so it's best to not get yourself too worked up, or invested into a game at this stage, especially before you even had the chance to play it.

:(

What about NA...or what ever server cluster I'm on :P

One of the cool things with the game is during PvP you can change classes if you want. Or in the middle of a mission if you want

Say go in as a Paladin change to a bezerker if you need more DPS

Oh great, all aboard the new hype train is it? I'll stay on the other side of town in case it rams into the station upon arrival like so many others have before it. It'd be one thing if this was just a game that finally crawled it's way over here after being in full release status elsewhere for some time, but this sucker is brand new, and this isn't its release, it's the start of the actual, original, the game is still in development open beta. One thing you have to remember about games in this state is that anything, and everything is subject to change at any time, so it's best to not get yourself too worked up, or invested into a game at this stage, especially before you even had the chance to play it.

Hype train? All I see is people saying they are interested in trying it.

Its really fun, I got into the closed beta and I have a few vids uploaded on my channel of the playtime. Its raw unedited footage pulled right from my twitch stream though, so feel free to skip around.

Hype train? All I see is people saying they are interested in trying it.

I'm mostly directing that towards MoVe who like with ArcheAge before it has been popping into various threads, and making new ones to talk about this game, telling people how they NEED to check Skyforge out, and so on. When he/she did that with ArcheAge I told him/her not to get too invested in a game you haven't even played yet, but even though he/she has said he/she is supposedly staying away from hype trains after the ArcheAge mess, here he/she is calling people to board another one for this game.

Hype for a game in this sort of situation is when people are getting all psyched for a game they can't even play, they're just all excited by all the videos, news, and other carefully released info the company has put out. A hype train would be where a group of people are working themselves up together, and there may be some conductors trying extra hard to work people up. Pretty much what we have here, so I'm sticking with my statement.

Eh, Skyforge is entertaining to play. I'm glad it's Free to Play or I'd be passing it by and going back to Battlefield 4 :P

Downloading it right now. Wish I saw more Sci-Fi/Fantasy mixes beyond Shadowrun.

I'm gonna be trying this out, been waiting a pretty damn long time to play it since I've seen it. I managed to finally get into the closed beta but was too busy to get playing the game any :(

Downloading as i post this, class, more than likely Gunner cause Big guns and Lots of fun explosions...also im a "hang back and shoot them from a distance sort of guy"

From what I've heard, Gunner is pretty weak in PVP

I play a zerker just unlocked Slayer, on the way to kinetic.

Zerkers are just pure DPS  I Love that class no defense well almost non stun breaker and anti-cc ability.

Even have a talent to do more damage under certain circumstances in PvP

All in all I like it, just hate once you get to around 3300-3500 prestige seems like all the missions are IMPOSSIBLE rating

Managed to get a Founder's Code for early access the other day. 2 days in and I think this game has one of the best combat mechanics I've ever played.

I'm not really one for the pvp stuff, i generally stink at it, I'm for the pve raid stuff and gunner looks like a really strong pve dps class.

Im not usually for the pvp stuff but after scouting their site and reading up on how they plan to do the pvp i'm interested in trying it out. My biggest beef with most mmo's pvp systems is that i usually end up having my hind end handed to me by advanced pvp vets most of the time due to unbalanced team assignment. Skyforge seems to be promising some sort of ranking system so that doesn't happen so lets see if they manage to pull it off. Also i didn't realize gunner was locked for non-founders so i'll probably role the tank for now until i unlock it.

PvE might not be the most fun either. Since there's no healers, you have to rely on team coordination to time protective shields.

Wait...no healers? "Gasps" no whiny brats complaining about me being a horrible tank cause i actually make them do something useful....."lol wow joke".  Personally i think it makes the game more exciting when you take on a group challenge with out having to fall into the cleche "cookie cutter : Tank, Dps, Heals" routine.  :D