• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CrazycolinPro

R.I.P Satoru Iwata- President at Nintendo

21 posts in this topic

Satoru Iwata died at the age of 55 today (I believe it was yesterday, but it was just released). Satoru did soooo many things for Nintendo. He really was an amazing person :(

Some stories on the matter:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/12/nintendo-chief-satoru-iwata-dies/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Engadget&%3Fncid=rss_full

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-has-passed-away/

Oh no. Such a bad timing to die amidst all the shit Nintendo is in right now. Or maybe it's a good thing since he doesn't have to deal with them.

Mr Iwata, even though I don't know what the fuck is happening on Nintendo right now especially with that stupid ass Metroid game, I will still remember all the great games you helped create back then. Earthbound being one of them, as well as the Wii, which I got for $45 pre owned 2 years ago, but I'm still having fun with Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort and Disaster Day of Crisis with it. May you rest peacefully, and give your best wishes to your staff in death so Nintendo can put their shit together and make something great again.

Dude wasn't just a Nintendo legend/icon, he was a gaming legend/icon. May he have found a better place and thank him for all his contributions to the gaming landscape, Nintendo or otherwise.

People can say what they want about Nintendo, but this guy was a huge part of gaming and shaped this world we all love.

R.I.P

At 55 years old? Damn, well R.I.P. Satoru Iwata may he know true peace in death.

That's terrible news. He was only 55. Even though he was the President of HAL and later Nintendo he still would take time to work on games. He cut his pay by half when sales were down to avoid losing employees. Took time to do Ask Iwata, started having Nintendo not go to E3 (cancelling that entire event would be great for the industry), and was pretty much the exact opposite of what you would expect from corporate. A loss for Nintendo and the future of the entire industry.

Some things I've seen people share about things he did or what he meant to them or the industry

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

CJwNt8vUYAAr4Ju.jpg

Platina32 likes this

Not many get to do what he got to do.

He got to run a company that gave birth to some of the most Iconic Video Game characters of all time and even got to make some of them. His production company got to make one of the most loved Nintendo Series, Super Smash Bros. When Nintendo Direct started you always saw him first. He was always there in Nintendo's best times, and worst times. Sadly, he can no longer do that. I think Legolas picture there sums it up the most.

He is a Gaming Legend... but he is still one of us. He is still a gamer. We lost one of the best.

Rest in Peace Satoru Iwata and Thank you for what you've done.

tumblr_npupdmBnZX1rrsrh1o2_500.gif

Crazycrab likes this

One of Gaming's most important leaders, may God have mercy on your soul, R.I.P.

Rest in peace Mr. Iwata. You will be missed deeply by millions of people who you've brought joy to in their lives. 

The people at nintendo must be taking this hard. So much creativity all gone in an instant. I hope nintendo can keep his ambitions up :(

I wonder who will replace him now.

Even if you didnt like the current state of Nitendo, Iwata's loving soul and hands on personality kept you waiting to see the next big hit from Nintendo.. He will be sorely missed but with his legacy Miamoto and Takeda will steer Nintendo into a new golden age. 

RIP Iwata

RIP. Always sad to see such a colourful personality leave Earth, especially at such a young age. It's amazing to see the reactions from throughout the gaming community from people to pay their respects, even from people whom you wouldn't expect it from.  

RIP Iwata

o7

The gaming industry needs more people like him i.e. CEOs who are progammers and gamers, rather than just souless run-off-the-mill money-making CEOs who have no clue about what the customers want... let alone gaming!  I hope that future CEOs will look at his work and passion for gaming as an example.  His work, I might add, is probably what got a good bunch of us into gaming in the first place.

I wonder who will replace him now.

My money's on Miyamoto.

As for Mr. Iwata, may he rest in peace. Though he should've probably collected more of these:

1FkHlLF.png

Iwata-san... thank you. :'( *goes off to play Earthbound*

sad he had to die not knowing if Nintendo will do right and put Gamers first, seems like a great person

R.I.P Iwata. This is a very bad year for Nintendo, the recent line-up of Wii-U games was mediocre for the most part, they had a very bad conference at E3 and now the head of the company is dead. It's sad to see a person like him pass away, we need more people to be like him, we need more people that have passion for their, we need more people that treat their employees well and actually give them the time to make to good games, we need more people that don't milk the consumers and actually give a damn about them.