• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SeriousMush

XBOX ONE, PS4 OR PC. Now Have A FIGHT! DEBATE WHICH IS BEST!?

63 posts in this topic

I Prefer PC Myself But you guys try and say which is best! 

MARVOL likes this

I've always been a playstation guy, so of course i have to say the playstation 4 is better than the xbox 1, but to be honest, PC is so much better many more games, much more powerful.

I'm a PC man, but when FF15 or Kingdom Hearts 3 gets out i'm gonna definitely get a PS4

Best is PC. Though I buy consoles for their exclusives and completely understand that a high end PC is just not reasonable for some people. Its hard sometimes to go back to console though after you see something like BF3 or BF4 on ultra at 120+ fps in 64 player maps ;)

Rarity likes this

I WAS A XBOX FAN, I ALSO HAVE PS3 BUT I PREFER XBOX....... WITH THE NEW GEN I WAS REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTED, NOT OF THE CONSOLE, THE NEW TERM AND RULES, DRM, GAMES, ETC.... SO I DECIDED TO BUY PS4... BUT IREALLY WANT TO BUILD A PC

FOR GAMING..... STEAM IS REALLY THE FUTURE....tumblr_mn630a5KQV1qd6wl7o1_500.jpg

I'm a PC guy. But i like some of the games exclusive to consoles. Between xbone of ps4, ps4 hands down

I owned a PS3, bought it aroud launch.  It lasted a year and two weeks - and Sony wouldn't honor the warranty on it, so I ditched it and went back to the PC.  I could do with a new video card, but I don't regret my decision.

Consoles are good though - and people tend to overlook some of the pit-falls if PC Gaming.

Consoles win because they're largely a "plug in and play".  Games are written specifically to take advantage of the specific hardware, and benefit from optimizations.  At the end of the day wer're gamers, not hardware vendors, so the fact that consoles can be plugged in and then largely forgotten is great.  They're also more kid-proof than a PC.  You can break a console, but there are myriad more ways to break a PC.  Finally, it's good that people play on a even playing field - if you're playing a head-to-head on an Xbox then you've essentially got the same setup as the guy you're playing against (of course, the connection can still make a huge difference).

PC's win though because a gaming rig is never only a gaming rig.  Internet browsing is much better on a PC than it is on a console.  You can customize the PC is thousands of ways.  You can easily watch movies, play music, edit videos, do your work, and just about anything on a PC.  Better yet, upgrading for gaming means everything else you do also benefits. 

The downside of PC's is that you have to keep so much more going.  OS patches, application patches, malware protection, virus protection, defragging, gaming patches and so on.  Also, installing one thing can break something else.  I get really annoyed that every damn game tries to install DX and .NET - even though they're obviously there.  Video driver updates are never-ending - and you never know if a benefit in one game will have a detrimental effect on another.  And so on.  In short, PC's are more flexible, but need more maintenance.

For me, it's easy - a PC.  But with exclusives, people probably need both.  I just go without the exclusives, and am happy to do so.

Is this even a debate anymore? PC gets just about any game now, gets them cheaper, can easily be used with an HD TV, and games that would also be on consoles and most others are able to be played with a controller for anyone that wants to do that. And PC seem to be cheaper to build and need a lot less frequent updating then they did in the past. None of the old reasons to prefer consoles exist anymore.

I'd get a PS4 before the Xbox One though, even though I focused more on the 360 this generation and with my Vita getting a PS4 and PS+ is made an even better option.

It's a tricky topic for me because this will be the first generation which I go full PC. But having never built a PC, not played many PC games, and not used to the PC gaming scene in general I dont feel like...qualified? 

Also I dont get why people dont bring up Steam-Box in these threads. It has potential, I think. Depending on its price range I may just pick up one of those bad boys! 

xenogias likes this

PC! because I don't want to buy the new systems. :D

PC and in two years maybe getting ps4 for exclusives :)

I'm a PC gamer since February but I definitely think consoles have their place. Between the PS4 and xbone I'd choose PS4.

NecroKnight likes this

This seems a bit silly, but PC will always win because of modding.

At one time, I would have said: depends on what you wanted. Now, with the blurring of line between the ease of consoles vs the utility and power of PCs, I'm not seeing a real advantage to consoles anymore. I have to go with PC on this one.

This would be a tough question for me... I just built a new PC and whatnot, thinking that Microsoft wouldnt be removing Xbox One's DRM, and thinking that I wouldnt have enough money after buying a PS4 to buy new games, but now I feel somewhat cheated.

Yes, PC is awesome, but there are some exclusives to consoles that I just wont be getting because I have a PC instead of said console, and it makes me sad that Bungie wont be bringing Destiny to the PC (which would have been amazing).

I don't see why it has to be a competition. I'm a fan of both! The PS4 has some awesome indie and free to play games coming out like Planetside 2 and the Xbox One has a stronger launch lineup of the two, my favorite being Forza 5 and Titanfall. Personally I'll be getting both come this November.

I've always been an Xbox guy so I'm going with the Xbox One. I know that a PC is way more powerful and I'm not sure about the PS4, but the Xbox still looks pretty cool.

Everything wins. Sticking to one console is never the best, try to experience them all at some point because there are always great games you will miss if you dont. 

As soon as i can afford a gaming quality PC i will gladly say goodbye to my social life

Even i have a xbox 360 and dont know what to get or xbox1 or ps4, but in terms on the cost i could go for ps4.

Don't think i have a favorite, i'll play anything that plays a game, and i do mean anything, of course older gens with crappier graphics bore me faster but if theres nothing else i'll play the crap out of it.

But i'll probably buy a PS4 first then xbox later, built my PC last year and its pretty standard but powerful enough to run a majority of the games i know of (ran BF4 during the beta season perfectly fine) but I've been a console player since consoles were made readily available, being poor growing up really cuts down your choices and thats why the whole port wars baffles me.

I'd go with PC..I wish console exclusives didn't exist.

MARVOL and Legolas_Katarn like this

Everything wins. Sticking to one console is never the best, try to experience them all at some point because there are always great games you will miss if you dont. 

As soon as i can afford a gaming quality PC i will gladly say goodbye to my social life

I dont really know about that anymore. There's just not that many exclusives to consoles that actually interest me. I can't say I'm really even interested in my Wii U.

PC gaming is the way to complete divinity within the realm of gaming my brothers and sisters one day... one day it will be known for sure xD