• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nikiking

are origin and uplay pointless

18 posts in this topic

when steam is used by almost every company that makes games i dont get why EA and ubisoft had to make things more complicated and annoying with origin and uplay.Uplay is horrible its offline mode is not working properly its "reward" system isnt anything special.Origin is not bad but its still unnesesary.So why dont EA and Ubisoft just put their games on steam are they so f*cking much money hungry?

So why dont EA and Ubisoft just put their games on steam?

It's because Valve takes a cut of every games game sold on Steam.

It's because they are money hungry. And cause of piracy, cause steam is too easy to crack.

It's because Valve takes a cut of every games game sold on Steam.

so in other words they are money hungry.A LOT

when steam is used by almost every company that makes games i dont get why EA and ubisoft had to make things more complicated and annoying with origin and uplay.Uplay is horrible its offline mode is not working properly its "reward" system isnt anything special.Origin is not bad but its still unnesesary.So why dont EA and Ubisoft just put their games on steam are they so f*cking much money hungry?

Because they saw how Steam got popular and tried to do the same thing, but failed. Also it gives good piracy protection (DRM), but Ubi and EA failed because they just don't know how to make them good as Steam. Origin is still far better than Uplay and yes - they are money hungry. They could earn so much love if they put their games on Steam or at least without Origin or Uplay, but whatever, it just won't happen. 

MONEY > LOOOOOOVE

Well in this case I mean love and respect from the community and gamers. 

Also why the hell would they give a shit? Despite people complaining about their services and their games, people still keep on buying like crazy. It's all the motivation that EA and Ubi need.

I for one accept our Valve overlords...

baronrouker likes this

I wanna see Valve adapt Origin's customer service, though. Because, honestly, the customer service of Origin is far more friendlier & responsive than of Steam currently, though it is slowly getting better.

But if that was solve, yeah Origin & Uplay would be entirely pointless (unless for lods'a'money).

Apex Spartan likes this

I wanna see Valve adapt Origin's customer service, though. Because, honestly, the customer service of Origin is far more friendlier & responsive than of Steam currently, though it is slowly getting better.

But if that was solve, yeah Origin & Uplay would be entirely pointless (unless for lods'a'money).

Yeah Origin got really good Customer Service. I remember first time I used it for Bad Company 2, I didn't have my veteran status and they gave it to me once they found out  I had BF2. Later in BF3 I had Veteran Status problems and they added all BF games I've had. I also requested them if I could have BF2 added into my Origin library because my CD was broken and they said "yes sure, we can try." Remember that BF2 was not on Origin back then, all games behind 2008 or so weren't and I requested if I could have a digital version of BF2 added by giving them my CD key from the case so I could play the game again (my CD was broken).

Also they gave me full veteran status, added all BF games I ever played, they fixed all my problems I ever had and 2x I got discount codes for Origin as a thank you for using their customer service. Was really good. One of the best customer service I know.

Now if they could be like that in general...

I haven't had to use u-play in awhile and since I only hear about steam and occasionally origin I had thought u-play was gone. But not entirely pointless since if you want to play some new EA games you may have to use origin.

I would say with Origin, no. The reason is while not direct competition with Valve, Origin does serve as a comparison for how customer support and refunds (could also argue the reason for refunds now is because Valve is losing the court case in the UK) should be handled. 

EA has been very smart in implementing features that Valve lags behind. Some competition even if it is not sales but how to handle the customer is better than no competition. 

Apex Spartan likes this

It's not that simple. Building a platform where to sell your own games is quite profitable. Now the problem is to make it work.

Uplay I can see being pointless. But as long as EA doesn't let Valve or any other company sell their games, Origin isn't.

I understand why Origin exists. Uplay is worthless.

nikiking likes this

I too s origin is good. But just because something isnt needed doesnt mean it should exist. May as well make games in general go then right?

Small game stores need not exist, gamestop won and has the monopolh right? Oh wait.

Hopefully that argument seems bad now =p

I'm not saying that other digital distributors like Origin and Steam should exist. I'm saying that Uplay is a worthless pile of festering shit shoved into even Steam released games.

I don't see myself stepping outside Steam, GoG and discs for my PC games very often.  I've heard so many horror stories about UPlay although I haven't really used myself yet.  Origin is EA and I wan't to give them as little of my money as possible so I'd always shop elsewhere even it cost's a little more, fuck them.

Uplay is worthless but Origin is fine. I'm glad Origin and Galaxy exist. You should never trust any company with a monopoly. 

Oktarnash likes this