• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ipuntmidgets

Who is going to be happy about dragons dogma online

9 posts in this topic

I want to know what you guys think of dragons dogma online an MMO version of what joe reviewed some time ago and i was wondering if joe was going to attempt some kind of info on this games development or when it is going to come to the states.

I'm not sure what to think of it. Dragon's Dogma was a decent enough game with some incredible combat mechanics and I'm glad Capcom isn't just abandoning it. On the other hand, I'm not sure an MMO is the best route. It's also hard to know what to expect until Capcom reveals if will be Free to Play, Buy to Play or Subscription. I just hope they don't choose the Elder Scroll Online route of 'All of the above'.

Crazycrab likes this

Dragon's Dogma, remains for me, as one of the best JRPGs out there. There's just nothing more satisfying than climbing a humongous creature of death, doom and... MORE DOOM then scratching its back until it falls down out of sheer annoyance. If they can properly incorporate that mechanic to a proper leveling system that suits MMOs then I'll gladly hop on it. I would still love it if there were still pawns, I like dressing my pawn up~

I thought that DD was a good game, nothing special, but It had some very good combat mechanics and some excellent boss battles. If they manage to incorporate the mechanics of DD, have a fair business model and have enough content to keep people playing, then it could be an excellent MMO. But considering that this is Capcom, I have feeling that there's going to do the same thing Zenimax online did with Elder scrolls online.

I thought this game was only coming to Japan? I'd love to play it, but I haven't really though about it in a while because I didn't think I'd get a chance to play it.

I thought this game was only coming to Japan? I'd love to play it, but I haven't really though about it in a while because I didn't think I'd get a chance to play it.

You can get around this no matter where you are by using VPNGate. But yes, It is Japan only. 

Dragon's Dogma Online being region-blocked is a crime against gamers. Thank god for VPNGate/SoftEther.

ALSO! Not that I think it'll make a difference but here's a petition for it for NA/EU. (I'll be playing it anyways, but It'd be cool if I didn't have to go through all the trouble to.)

Same as Kingdom under Fire II it will never come to EU or NA. The fighting system is ok, but it looks like it will be too easy. Also I think it will be a new Alltime Grinder.

Why can´t they make an MMO with a fighting system like Chivalry? Would be awesome.

I'll give it a try. Though I would have hoped for a Devil May Cry styled Online Fighting Arena (not in the style of League and stuff).

Played it and so far enjoyed it. had to stop because fallout 4 got released, but if anyone else is playing this and wants to team up they should probably post... assuming that anyone's playing this.