• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

darkknightsnikos

Why Ghosts ISNT cod4 mw

10 posts in this topic

wow ALOT OF People today on youtube in a ghosts video will start avting like " i has this game from 2007 its called cod4 MW " LETS BE REAL PEOPLE the graphics are improved!!! its not that game at all! i mean both games are great shooters and cod4 has made a great history but in cod 4 there wasnt and sliding and picking from walls and DOGS helping you secure kills online and neither you can compare cod4 CAMPAIGN with cod ghosts campaign!!! plz trust me NOT A COD FAN i love all shooters but ghosts until now has made a NICE AND GREAT LOOKING on graphics on new guns on new missions and even new way to play like the chance TAKING A KEM FRO FIELD MISSIONS that all sounds great for me :D

plz share your thought with me about this 2 games and plz dont tell me they are the same :/

darkknightsnikos

Better graphics and 1 or 2 new things don't change the fact it's the same engine since CoD2 with a few changes here and there (modded Id tech 3) and pretty much the same gameplay 

Copy and paste gaming should never be practiced in todays technology. They make the smallest of changes and pass it off as a new game...its ridiculous

Glaice likes this

Graphics aren't much different from the original Modern Warfare, which came out in 2006 and was the only CoD I have played. Just because it looks shinier and nicer doesn't mean the gameplay is any better, it's the same old thing every year basically with minor changes to attempt to spruce things up. Just face it, it is just the same boring browns and grays most of the time in multiplayer and single player.

In all instances, I care about good gameplay, not graphics. Hell, I am still playing Doom for crying out loud and the largest single standard texture is 256x128. Not only is the replay value high but the reason it is high is because of the source code being released in mid 1997 led to the community building ports that fix bugs, eliminate engine limits and adding large degrees of moddibility (IE ZDoom's DECORATE language). Not just that but there are map editors that allow the community to make brand new *free* levels for the game, something most developers and publishers like to hold the community back with in the form of DLC map packs.

I'm still playing CoD4 on PS3 online... And I have more fun with it than with a newer CoD. Sorry, but it's my opinion.

Accually... the graphics on Ghost are nice but god damn some bad texturing is written all over it. :P The Best COD is one and that is Black Ops or COD 2 for old fans :P

Actually every CoD past MW2 is the same. From that point on relatively few things have been implemented. In fact you can see a clear trend since then with each new title the story, hitbox quality, Spawn system quality and Map diversity decrease quality, that`s just listing a few i could go on for a while. When you say they are part of a bandwagon you`re actually hating because it is just a large group of people who have opened their eyes and realized what a scam CoD is. They blatantly rip off the few things they improve, as a matter of fact the only good thing they improve each year is marketing, they have always ad a good marketing team. It isn`t worth 60$ hell it isn`t worth 50$ i may get it if it was 40$ and that`s a maybe. I don`t even know why they need this much money with what small percentage of it must go into development of the next title. You will simply have a longer lasting and much more enjoyable experience with their competitors products examples battlefield, Halo, Titanfall and last but sure as hell not least Destiny. There`s a reason Angry Joe has never reviewed a CoD game its because he would give it like a 2 or 3 if he analyzes it just how he did all his other reviews in fact it`s so bad that he would have to create a seal of disgust or something of that nature just for it and it would cost him subscribers thanks to the dedication of the blind members of the CoD fanbase.

I like the COD games they are entertaining and tell a story...BF3-4 are the same games....I am unsure why the hatred on COD when BF can't even release a complete game...charge you $60 for the honor of beta testing it....I am still cheated for buying BF4 and I want my money back!

the point is that cod is the same because they put one out every year. Why do you think games have a dev cycle of a few years? because its hard to make a game from the ground up, if you have only 1,5 years ( 2 studio's making cod ) and a half year for dlc / patching their product before the full team is on the new game. 
Is just not enough to make big chances and a lot is copy pasted from the previous instalments making it FEEL like the same game ( wich its obviously isnt, just put them next to eachother and oyu will see the changes ). Also CoD has a bombastic single player experiance and that drains a lot of recources to from the core of the game the multiplayer so even more stuff is copy pasted from the previous games.

Also the cod experiance is the same because they kinda want it to, it still sells, instantly familiar feel that the community loves. And ofcourse shinier textures.

TLDR version: each cod is differnt but feels the same because they dont have enough time to make it feel differnt. 

PS Fish physics 

Modern Warfare 1 and 2 are the only distinct ones.

First instance has a solid, uncomplicated, rapid pace. Has a unique kind of feel to make do with your equipment.

Second game is more of a freeform arcade design. Has a very unrestrained array of options to present a different style through unconventional strategies.

Every following game tries to add a few concepts and adopt MW1 restrictions on your crazy classes. In the end, it's not as fun as one or the other and doesn't really change.

Black Ops games are better designed, because that developer doesn't suck, but they're still strict on options, resulting in homogenous strategies as always.

I don't even know what Ghosts has that's new. They certainly didn't fix how asinine shotguns have become and map layouts seem to always attempt this "make everybody happy" layout that is just a focused series of choke points and line of sight breaks.

A mod of World at War to fix things like forced stopping power and identical weapon stats would probably be the perfect unconventional warfare game. Loved dogs in that game. Now they're no fun.