• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Pixels. A movie about videogame classic characters attacking earth. Sounds good, buuuuuutt.....

39 posts in this topic

Adam Sandler. ADAM SANDLER. ADAM FUCKING RETARD SANDLER, stop making movies NOW!!!

I was actually excited for this movie during the first few minutes of the trailer. THEN that moron had to just show up with all the other guys, and afterwards? Movie becomes an unfunny lame complete waste of potential. These jokes are fucking lame, and I bet you that these moments in the trailer are the best parts about the movie. And judging from the negative reviews of this movie, I am not surprised the least that this movie is bad.

Seen the poster of this movie?

wal3uqjzz31koprctyrf.jpg

That poster is a marketing scam. There's no Adam Sandler in it, so people will think this movie will he better than it actually is. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE PEOPLE! AVOID IT LIKE A FUCKING PLAGUE!

They have the chance to make a good video game based movie, and they FUCKED IT UP! THEY FUCKED IT UUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!! THEY! FUCKED! IT! UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!

I need to wash this bad taste out of my mouth after seeing that trailer, and I know just the thing. Futurama Anthology of Interest 2, Wreck it Ralph, and these. Imagine that all of those people are Adam Sandler.

Ahhhh, much better. Originally I want to put Kingsman's church massacre, but stupid youtube took down that video.
frogben998 likes this

I don't mean anything by saying this,but you don't need to pay to watch the movie

I was more insulted that Peter Dinklage is practically filling the "hilarious midget" character archetype when he plays Tyrion so well. It's like when Aaron Paul got that role in the move Need For Speed.

I don't mean anything by saying this,but you don't need to pay to watch the movie

Oh. Oh HELL no. I ain't watching it even if it's shown for free on my cable TV in 2 years. I rather watch Fifty Shades of Grey than watch another Adam Sandler comedy crap. And since I will never ever watch Fifty shades, that means a lot.

I was more insulted that Peter Dinklage is practically filling the "hilarious midget" character archetype when he plays Tyrion so well. It's like when Aaron Paul got that role in the move Need For Speed.

Poor bastard. He's back to doing his old comedy role. Elf comes to mind. ARGH!

Knock likes this

I was quietly hoping for another Wreck it Ralph with this movie. Guess that was asking to much two really good video game themed movies in the space of a few years.

Now, I'm not up to date with films and actors. Anyone care to explain whats wrong with adam sandler?

Also... the raid <3

Now, I'm not up to date with films and actors. Anyone care to explain whats wrong with adam sandler?

Wondering that too. What makes his movies bad? Do they have cringe-worthy acting? Or is it the writing?

Wondering that too. What makes his movies bad? Do they have cringe-worthy acting? Or is it the writing?

He is basing his response on the trailler, alone, sooooooo

But adam sandler has made some, incredably unfunny movies, where basically all the jokes relly on either stereotypes of gross factor, or weirdness.

And at some point he made them kinda non stop soooo, he had a good run in the 90s I think, I liked Hapy Gilmore but I was a kid, so I don't remember much.

Also... the raid <3

Think of his classic movies, Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer or Waterboy. Those are funny back then, and it's still is funny now if you watch them. 

But the movies he does nowadays, Grown Ups, Jack and Jill, Blended, and fucking Cobbler, are all just using the same style of humor that's been outdated since 15 years ago. None of those movies are funny. They are freaking awkward, completely badly scripted and in some parts utterly gross! But he kept making them because for some reason people will watch them and he'll get millions of money every single time. The typical Corporate Commander mentality. And I bet the same thing will happen with this. The only good thing about it are the classic game characters and possibly the scenes that have them, but otherwise it'll be the same Adam Sandler crap like before.

And yep, the Raid. Love both movies a ton.

Laserrifle125 and ProdiGY_DE like this

Oh dear. I just realized something. This entire movie was actually based on Futurama's Anthology of Interest 2. In that episode, IT'S THE SAME PREMISE AS THIS MOVIE! There's even a makeshift trailer for Pixels using footage from that episode:

And also based on this animated shorts movie, of the same name:

They turned this cool concept into a complete dissapointment.

adam sandler and kevin james... :( 

The movie has potential but I don't think I could watch this movie, after the awesomeness that was Wreck it Ralph and the lego movie. 

oh and the mini car thing has been done to death. On the plus side the special effects and sounds look really good. 

TBH, I knew right off the bat this film would suck. Most video game films, especially ones like this, tend to suck. Although Wreck it Ralph was a rarity.

Fuck, I even believe that film industry just never takes video games seriously.

See, here's the thing, Adam Sandler doesn't need to stop making movies. He just needs to go back to the kind of comedy he is good at. Hell, even more movies like Funny People would be good. That movie is incredible.

tl;dr Version- "Just rewatch Happy Gilmore again :P "

When I saw adam sandler as a main caracther I lost hope for the movie.

Adam Sandler is pretty unfunny, but some wash-outs do have that comeback! The film could be mediocre, maybe. I don't have high hopes but watching the trailer I thought there was a lot of... wasted potential? The whole "video game characters taking over the world" plot has been used so much and it's clear this is marketed towards kids... right?! So there's probably, like, no plot and the characters are probably all some kind of cliche *sigh*.

I'll think I'll stick to the more serious movies, being a total snob that I am. 

Fuck, I even believe that film industry just never takes video games seriously.

objection_by_djchallis.jpg

My oh my, you seem to have forgotten that there is already a video game based movie this year. A movie that is one of the best, if not the best video game movie of all time, combining Twisted Metal, Uncharted and RAGE:

Sweet Tooth + cars from Twisted Metal, the car action sequences from Uncharted and the enemies from RAGE combined to become this movie.

Rage2011BFG_041.jpg

It is glorious. There's even a video showing Uncharted 4 with Fury Road's soundtrack, and I wish it's the actual Uncharted 4 soundtrack.

The irony of it all is these games are definitely inspired by Mad Max.

My oh my, you seem to have forgotten that there is already a video game based movie this year. A movie that is one of the best, if not the best video game movie of all time, combining Twisted Metal, Uncharted and RAGE:

Sweet Tooth + cars from Twisted Metal, the car action sequences from Uncharted and the enemies from RAGE combined to become this movie.

Rage2011BFG_041.jpg

It is glorious. There's even a video showing Uncharted 4 with Fury Road's soundtrack, and I wish it's the actual Uncharted 4 soundtrack.

Mad Max came out at a time when the only good console was a bloody Atari.

Rage2011BFG_041.jpg

You are aware that Mad Max is a reboot of an old Mel Gibson movie and the video game is based on the movie franchise, right?

Mad Max came out at a time when the only good console was a bloody Atari.

That and the intellivision. Or those games that's like Pong and you have to stick pictures on tvs just to play them. Or the arcades. Those things are fucking ancient.

That and the intellivision. Or those games that's like Pong and you have to stick pictures on tvs just to play them. Or the arcades. Those things are fucking ancient.

NO ONE DARES MENTION THE FUCKING INTELLIVISION >:C

Back in the day I used to have discussions with my cousin about which movies were better, Adam Sandler ones or Jim Carrey's. I used to argue for Sandler but, recent Sandler movies have forced me to reverse my stance on the matter despite Carrey not pumping out many films recently. I mean, even Paul Blart Mall Blart is in Pixels? Geez....

I'll just wait for it to get on Netflix. If it doesn't, well, no big loss.

NO ONE DARES MENTION THE FUCKING INTELLIVISION >:C