• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jitterdoomer

Windows 10 is coming, will it play Xbox One games via the Xbox app?

14 posts in this topic

I know this topic already but sorry for dumb question, will it able to play Xbox One games on that OS without the need of Xbox One console to play it?

No. Windows 10 application will have come cross compatible features and games with XBox One, but you won't be able to actually play Xbox One games on the PC

No. Windows 10 application will have come cross compatible features and games with XBox One, but you won't be able to actually play Xbox One games on the PC

Unfortunately, and still that Xbox to PC streaming is still a stupid idea.

Unfortunately, and still that Xbox to PC streaming is still a stupid idea.

Yeah I don't get it, so you can stream your XBox One game to you'r PC?  Why would you do that when when you can just play it on your XBox?  The only application I can see out of this is recording XBox One gameplay onto a PC via wireless network.

But what if you could stream PC games to your Xbone?

I think that actually might be even more redundant.

Hold off on upgrading for now, some folks have said it is not ready for prime time.

Hold off on upgrading for now, some folks have said it is not ready for prime time.

I'll probably check it out on a laptop before installing it on my main rig just in case it turns out to be another Widows 8 or Vi...ViV..Vits...  Okay I can't even spell it out,  It makes me feel unclean.

Really? Most Insiders I've been hearing say it's pretty much rock solid at this point.

But I'm waiting about a month, and I'll use a POS laptop as a test device.

I hope that OS will run Battlefield 4 on that OS since it's still in Beta.

The Windows 10 Xbox App is not for playing X1 Games:

Overview

The Xbox app brings your Xbox Live friends, activity, game history, and achievements with you to your computer. Xbox aims to deliver the best-in-class gaming experience for our fans and the Xbox community, and the Xbox app is the next chapter in that journey. With the initial preview release of the Xbox app, we started with the basics and will continue to grow based on fan and community feedback.

Source

The way Streaming works, you'll still need an X1 in order to play its games on Windows 10. Just like how you still need a PC to stream games to an nVidia Shield, or PS4 games on a Vita / Playstation TV.

I hope that OS will run Battlefield 4 on that OS since it's still in Beta.

Windows 10 is still compatible with DirectX 11 so that shouldn't be a problem.

I was only sort of right. The Xbox App is used to Stream X1 to Windows 10 after all

Magic Word still being "Stream".