• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

News: Half Life 3 will never be released anytime soon.

38 posts in this topic

Couple of reasons for it. 

1) Because Valve has too much money, and feels that Half Life 3 is unecessary. So unless they're losing money, they won't make Half Life 3.

2) Because they're afraid that if they release Half Life 3, gamers will complain about it. AKA the current Half Life 3 in development sucks, or because Valve sees Mass Effect 3's GODAWFUL ending, they're afraid that Half Life 3 will receive the same hate. Which also means that they think Half Life 3 will suck right now.

One conclusion out of this:

Valve, you greedy fucks.

Then again, this is all just an "anonimous source from Valve", so just take it with a grain of salt, and know that it is coming. Just not anytime soon.

Um.. I think you missed the point. Valve is making more than enough to make it such that any money gained from Half Life 3 would be moot and the risk involved in making the game if it is received poorly could potentially cause irreparable harm to their intellectual property. This isn't anything against Valve but it is a smart business decision I don't fault them for making. Another thing is that this is still a rumor. This is an unsubstantiated rumor and the numbers can be taken in either direction. Based on Valve's current estimated profits it can be assumed that they have plenty of funding and capability within to create Half Life 3. There have been similar rumors levied in the past that were debunked so take any news (especially from a channel that has been proven to give too much credence to false rumors) and research. Valve has shown no signs it is slowing production to a stall for Half Life 3 and has brought on more members to their development. Valve cannot expressly say what is going on without breaking their own NDA. So it is rather difficult to defend against rumors that stand to damage their reputation.

Dyzzles likes this

Assuming that this source is genuine, I have to say what I saw in that video makes to much sense to ignore. I think that we all knew before this that Valve is just printing money from what they already have and doesn't need this game.

I also say that sadly a vocal portion of gamers online would the break into the dev's home and force them to watch as they eat the still beating hearts out of their family's chests as a backlash to Adrian Shepherd's goggles being tinted with Brunswick green instead of Caribbean green or something ridiculously stupid like that. I can see the same thing happening with the FFXV Remake if, for example, Clouds voice isn't exactly the way that the fans imagine it would be or if any of the dialogue, however irrelevant, is altered at all.

This is cowardly from Valve, but I'd say it's understandably cowardly.

Anyone know where I can get a silenced sniper rifle?

Thank you for proving my point.

So there not going to release the sequel that people have been waiting years for basically because.......

4b7ba7e24e916223ad85762c7c473c6a.png

FUCK YOU WE DON'T NEED YOUR MONEY!!

I don't believe this shit! Half Life 3 will be released soon! NVIDIA acquires Valve to announce the Half Life 3 release date on March 3rd, 2016!!!!! 

Um.. I think you missed the point. Valve is making more than enough to make it such that any money gained from Half Life 3 would be moot and the risk involved in making the game if it is received poorly could potentially cause irreparable harm to their intellectual property. This isn't anything against Valve but it is a smart business decision I don't fault them for making. Another thing is that this is still a rumor. This is an unsubstantiated rumor and the numbers can be taken in either direction. Based on Valve's current estimated profits it can be assumed that they have plenty of funding and capability within to create Half Life 3. There have been similar rumors levied in the past that were debunked so take any news (especially from a channel that has been proven to give too much credence to false rumors) and research. Valve has shown no signs it is slowing production to a stall for Half Life 3 and has brought on more members to their development. Valve cannot expressly say what is going on without breaking their own NDA. So it is rather difficult to defend against rumors that stand to damage their reputation.

That's why I mean. That Valve has so much money right now, that they don't have to make something the fans wanted unless they need money badly. They only care about their money instead of their fans, which is fucking sad. They need to learn from Bethesda.

The risk involved in making the game if it is received poorly could potentially cause irreparable harm to their intellectual property huh? Seriously though, it's fucking Half Life 3, the game that everyone has been waiting for a decade now. The only way that Valve can fuck things up is if they make a godawful ending for the series like Mass Effect 3, or make the game as equal of a quality as Ride to Hell, or Duke Nukem Forever. Oh fuck, that better not happen.

Besides, this is all just a rumor. The game will be out... eventually. I mean Shenmue 3's going to be released and people like me have been waiting for 13 years for that game, so it's no big deal.

What I would like Valve to do though is to just release Half Life 3 out of nowhere. Have it announced at E3, and then say that it'll be released right after the press conference. That will be one of the most awesome things a game dev have ever done. It works with Beyonce's sudden album release, and everyone of her fans instantly buy it.

I don't listen to Beyonce btw, my sister makes me go along with it.

Even if the game made them like 500 million they would still not care because they make like a million a day (or more probably).

Makes sense, the game industry was different when Half Life 2 came out. If they feel they can't make another entry in the series that fans will want they have no reason to do so, certainly not at this time. With social media and them running Steam they have no reason to want to deal with the annoying backlash if they fail.

They only care about their money instead of their fans, which is fucking sad. They need to learn from Bethesda.

They need to learn from the company with terrible bug testing. That tells their PS3 fanbase to go fuck themselves when they have problems. That doesn't pay a superior studio because a metacritic average was one point too low, which was Bethesda's fault for their terrible bug testing and engine. That threatens to sue other companies that try to use the world Scroll in their name. That charges for horse armor. While my only problem with it was Valve's lazy terrible implementation, most of you seemed to have a problem with the paid mods that Bethesda wanted. No one should want other companies to learn from Bethesda.

Would it even be possible for Half-Life 3 to live up to the hype that people have built up for it over the years? Think that if it did come out, it would be a disappointment to a lot of people. It's a game that's been put on a pedestal that's much too high. Not releasing it may be the safe decision for them to keep public opinion of the series high. It's their way of leaving on a high note.

Shagger likes this

Isn't this the video that was considered as a troll by a Valve employee?

Half life 2 was a Tech-demo for Source Engine.

Half life 3 will be a Tech-demo for Source Engine 2.

That source engine 2 better be something more than Dota 2 reborn's Hammer editor... Or else i cry :'(

They need to learn from the company with terrible bug testing. That tells their PS3 fanbase to go fuck themselves when they have problems. That doesn't pay a superior studio because a metacritic average was one point too low, which was Bethesda's fault for their terrible bug testing and engine. That threatens to sue other companies that try to use the world Scroll in their name. That charges for horse armor. While my only problem with it was Valve's lazy terrible implementation, most of you seemed to have a problem with the paid mods that Bethesda wanted. No one should want other companies to learn from Bethesda.

Fallout 4 and DOOM.

Would it even be possible for Half-Life 3 to live up to the hype that people have built up for it over the years? Think that if it did come out, it would be a disappointment to a lot of people. It's a game that's been put on a pedestal that's much too high. Not releasing it may be the safe decision for them to keep public opinion of the series high. It's their way of leaving on a high note.

Then they better make sure Half Life 3 is the best game they have ever made. Too early to tell if it's going to be a dissapointment like Colonial Marines or countless other games before when there's still no gameplay footage.

One thing's for certain. After that game is finally released, doesn't matter if it's the best game ever or if it's a gigantic pile of crap. What matters is NO MORE HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED JOKES! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THAT CRAP!

Laserrifle125 likes this

Couldn't agree more. Even if HL3 turns out great, even better than the first two, that still probably wouldn't be good enough.

Well, someone put up a video response:

But coming from a channel calling itself Valve News Network, get that salt shaker ready. You're going to need some grains of the stuff.

There is also this article from The Escapist that discusses the rumor.

Fallout 4 and DOOM.

Willingness to make money by continuing popular franchises makes them a good company? Ubisoft or Activision would be better to look up to then, we could be on Half Life 20 by now.

Willingness to make money by continuing popular franchises makes them a good company? Ubisoft or Activision would be better to look up to then, we could be on Half Life 20 by now.

I have bad feeling that this thread is gonna devolve into a flame war.

I have bad feeling that this thread is gonna devolve into a flame war.

Hahaha, of course not. Well, I won't start it anyway. I don't give a crap about useless gaming politics.

Laserrifle125 likes this

Hahaha, of course not. Well, I won't start it anyway. I don't give a crap about useless gaming politics.

Ok let's see.....

Greedo shot first.

A man can survive a nuclear explosion hiding in a fridge.

Captain Picard is CLEARLY superior to Captain Kirk.

M. Night Shyamalan should finish The Last Airbender movie trilogy.

Everybody loves the Resident Evil movies.

Metal Gear Solid, Uwe Boll.  It's a match made in heaven!

I must inform you that it's Greedo and Captain Picard.

01ee12dc67c6bd168bf2af1d2fba3ebb.jpg

And if Shaymalan never even made an Avatar film then how can he continue the trilogy?

I must inform you that it's Greedo and Captain Picard.  (Corrections made)

01ee12dc67c6bd168bf2af1d2fba3ebb.jpg

And if Shaymalan never even made an Avatar film then how can he continue the trilogy?

Well he unfortunately did make one......

AvatarTheLastAirbenderMovieWallpaper800.

I know your just having little fun, but if we can get on topic now, that would be great.

Just quickly, the Shamalan Last Airbender movie was indeed a pile of dung.

Well he unfortunately did make one......

Thats_the_joke.jpeg