• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Archer

Bridge Commander 2

11 posts in this topic

10698560_702457186489016_546625969047255

Do you consider yourself Trekkie and love games? Do you remember the classic Star Trek games

Elite Force and Bridge Commander? Everyone that played the original Bridge Commander

remembers how great it was in fulfilling a Trekkie's fantasy of commanding a starship from the

captain's chair while being able to wage space battles with your friends online. Fans of Elite Force

loved having that intense first person action set in the Star Trek universe. Now imagine if these two

games were merged and think about what that would mean: Walking around a planet on an away

mission then flying a shuttle or beaming back to the ship, walking to the bridge and setting a

course to the nearest starbase. Travel where you want to go. Respond to distress calls without

linear gameplay. This will be a sandbox Star trek experience that you want to have. Make your mark

on the universe and the powers within, gain reputation as a feared or respected captain...Be what

you want to be!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-bridge-commander-2#/story

https://www.facebook.com/stbc2

DoctorEvil likes this

I hate to be a Buzzkill, but isn't the bridge commander licence owned by Activision? 

I vaguely remember the original but I do not think they were fond memories, I do however have fond memories of Klingon Academy.

I hate to be a Buzzkill, but isn't the bridge commander licence owned by Activision? 

No, they had rights to the Star Trek IP...they do not anymore. Saying that they own a name is the same as someone saying you cant use you're name because someone else uses it. What you can't is use the Same name.

Please do not reply with negative feedback unless you have at least thoroughly viewed the indiegogo page, thank you.

I wish they weren't using IndieGoGo...  :(

Why is that?

The original was too liniear for my tastes but a solid game and fun one of the best star trek games out there i love what these guys are planning to do with the sequal and praise parramount and cbs for letting them do it

Archer likes this

Thank you all for your posts and/or replies. Please help us spread the word.

Never heard of bridge commander before but this sounds like it's going to be fun XD