• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Otaku World Order

Best way to get into Conquest

9 posts in this topic

I've played quite a bit of Smite, but most of it is in Arena matches. I've tried Conquest a couple of times with random matchmaking but that always feels like a disaster. Everyone rushes out and as soon as anything goes wrong everyone starts shouting blame and it all falls apart.

Since, I'm don't have the experience in Conquest to lead a team, I'm wondering is there a good way to try and get some teamwork going in a random match or should I try getting a reliable party together for Conquest?

In a casual match the best way to get a team going is simply by giving commands through VGS.  It's typically easiest to do this as a Jungler or a Support as those two roles are most responsible for controlling the pacing in most games. Those just happen to be my main roles and I have been able to lead my team many times using the VGS and by physically leading the way in the game itself. It is still possible to do it regardless of roles. Otherwise I would suggest finding a group of people you can communicate with.

If you need more knowledge of the game I would suggest watching pro streamers. I got started by watching them play and taking in their knowledge and I still currently will watch them to keep my knowledge and skills fresh when I'm not playing as much. Most of them are pretty entertaining too, so it won't really be boring learning from them :). If you go to this link and scroll down you can find everything you need to learn about the game. https://www.reddit.com/user/Lionkun/comments/

I personally recommend Incon's stream.

Once you feel comfortable with Conquest I would recommend trying league out. It can be a bit more stressful and the league system isn't the best currently, but you will typically be able to have better games in league matches as more people will have more knowledge and want to work harder to win. Just be aware that in bronze, silver, and low gold, it probably won't be that much better than casual conquest most of the time. (Also use and download Curse voice if you plan on playing league. People talking to each other leads to less BM and better games the majority of the times)

Hope this helps :)

Much obliged, Burbles. I'll try that out.

I'm not too worried about League matches yet as I'm only level 20 with level 13 in mastery, so I have a way to go before starting on that.

Most of the time it is impossible to get your team to work together. There is allways this guy who doesn't give a crap, this guy who feeds, this guy who plays better than the rest and rants whole game, this guy who rage quits and so on.

That is why most matches doesn't last 20 minutes

Most of the time it is impossible to get your team to work together. There is allways this guy who doesn't give a crap, this guy who feeds, this guy who plays better than the rest and rants whole game, this guy who rage quits and so on.

True that. I usually try to get my friends hooked on the game. At-least then its possible to communicate properly via Curse or Skype. Wouldn't recommend playing smite solo. Like ever, Its a bigger mess than LoL or even Dota.

Also, some people actually use Curse when playing, Only good thing about the whole fiasco, is that you can keep your mates from raging, ranting, by just talking to them.

That's kinda why I stick to Arena.  It doesn't require any major teamwork, just fight the other team. That said, Arena does get dull after a while, so I'd like to be able to get into some of the other match types.

Maybe the AJSA events on Sundays will give me a better shot at that.

Sorry if this may be random but any tips on who should be in each lane? Each time I play on the Xbox One version I always get confused and end up getting paired with an enemy that tends to stomp me out each time. 

Usually there is a mid laner (usually a mage), a jungler (usually assassin), a solo laner in the ahorter lane (can be nearly any class and depends more on the specific god), and in fhe long lane there is support (usually a guardian) and a carry (usually a hunter or mage).

This is all just from my experience and may nit be 100% accurate. On the 15th there is a smite event and training type session for conquest on xbox one so feel free to stop by!

Otaku World Order and like this

Usually there is a mid laner (usually a mage), a jungler (usually assassin), a solo laner in the ahorter lane (can be nearly any class and depends more on the specific god), and in fhe long lane there is support (usually a guardian) and a carry (usually a hunter or mage).

This is all just from my experience and may nit be 100% accurate. On the 15th there is a smite event and training type session for conquest on xbox one so feel free to stop by!

Thanks for the tip I keep forgetting how the lanes are set up.