• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crowedclown

Awesome new MMO

20 posts in this topic

in the future I recommend talking about the game much more. Many are quite wary of clicking on a link to a site they know nothing about. I looked up this game and right now I will watch it but until I see something substantial I don't invest into any new venture.

Darken and JamesGoblin like this

Hehe it´s not a Problem. If you know it´s existing, it´s enough for me. I hope this game will be as awesome as they told us. Almost every Game that came out this and last year sucks at least at one Point and if this Game does it too..... The Future will be dark and lonely. No Joke if I say that this is the last hope for 2015. Sad but true. Im in the Alpha of this Game, so if you wanna know if it´s worthy or not i can write it here again.

JamesGoblin likes this

Calling something awesome, that is still in such an early state is very premature. Especially an mmo. Does it have neat ideas, yes, sure... but while you might get by with a half-assed implementation in a singleplayer game, in todays market, you need to be pretty much spot on with the core of an mmo, just so it can to survive past the first month or two. And even getting the more unique aspects right, might not be enough, if the rest is bad or even just bland. Not only must you try and capture players, who may or may not, already be playing another MMO, you must also ensure that there is enough content, early aswell as endgame and a community that can thrive. MMO's do not have the luxury of time that WoW had a decade ago, it is pretty much hit or miss these days and if you dont have the cash reserve to reinvent, like going F2P, then there is a fair chance that the game will bleed itself dry and die.

And as the marked trend is moving more and more towards F2P, ArtCraft really needs to prove themselves as they have a 50$ retail price on Crowfall, a VIP/Premium feature and a cosmetic shop. I've become pretty skeptical about MMO's these days, even with their 2.2mill from 15k backers, I have serious doubts about Camelot Unchained as well. 

@Darken

If you would read my comment right, then you would see, that I "HOPE it WOULD be" awesome. I´m old enough to know how the bunny runs. Most MMOs are Bullshit these days, but the only thing we got left is hope. I don´t say found this game and i didn´t say you should buy it. I said CHECK IT OUT! Nothing more nothing less. In this part of the forum, people speak about new games. If youre not mature enough to speak about the game itself, you should go to the hater part of the Forum. Thank You.

JamesGoblin likes this

I am not a hater, but I will criticize hype without sustenance, in regards to the awesome part, I was refering to the title of the thread. And this is not for talking about new games, because there is absolutely no garanty that a kickstarted game will reach a complete state, it is more to spreading the word and talking about game projects.

I am sorry if I came off a bit too harsh, that was not the intention, I do think that the title of the thread shouldve been worded differently and like Eiousx, I think that you should have included more, if not embeding pictures then just text about the game and why you think it would be awesome it if became a reality.

The other part was purely aimed at kickstarter games and especially mmos, two things that are plague ridden with high hopes and no solid foundation and with examples of fraud, lying, delays, silence, overhauls/changes and devs that downright state that they are either quiting or putting the project on hold because they want to work on something else, coupled with all the pitfalls of mmo development (top of that list would be overambitious goals and greed, everyone believes they can be the new WoW) makes me skeptical in the extreme, if I seemed to overly bash Crowfall, then that was not the intention either, there is not enough there yet to directly critize, but I do think that Kickstarter+MMO's is about the most fragile mixture I can think off, so many critical ingrediens, so many possibilities for the taste to go absolutely sour.

But keep us updated with its progress, I would be very happy if my fears proved unfounded :)

I didn´t post pictures or Information here cause I LINKED you to their Official Website. You will find the Information you need and more there. And this Forum is Called "KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGNS", so you shouldn´t be surprised someone posted a Kickstarter campaign -_-. If you are so afraid of waiting for a Kickstarter game to get ready you shouldn´t enter this forum. And yeah I would be happy too.

JamesGoblin likes this

Hey, nice to see CF thread here! Frankly, I expected anything but this =)   

I'd like to update, but so much has happened - no idea where to start!? More than 100 000 registered supporters, the budget is already close to $6.5M (and rising quickly !) captures, sieges and destruction tests are scheduled for March...

Still pre-alpha, but tests are happening already since August and no NDA (this early!)... say, here is couple test videos:

Confessor PoW (ranged fire DPS) and Knight PoW (tank / warrior)

Also, Ranger (stealth, traps and switching from ranged to melee and back) will be added in March sessions. Here's fancy pic:

Ranger_Female_Render.jpg

I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about, it looks like a pretty typical MMORPG.  Also when I see "Player Driven Economy" highlighted in the pre-release that sounds alarms for me.  It almost spells defeat when they already say that players will have to balance the economy themselves.  That means if there is any kind of doop glitch or value imbalance issue the fucking game is doomed.

I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about, it looks like a pretty typical MMORPG.  Also when I see "Player Driven Economy" highlighted in the pre-release that sounds alarms for me.  It almost spells defeat when they already say that players will have to balance the economy themselves.  That means if there is any kind of doop glitch or value imbalance issue the fucking game is doomed.

"Typical" is certainly not the word I would use, no idea what makes you say so? For what it's worth, here is a brief game overview - http://www.ign.com/wikis/crowfall ; That wiki is yet to be updated with another major feature - bodies in game will be crafted and lootable (!), which means rather frequent change of sex/class/race during fights i.e. upon death.

There is much more than that, but it would turn this into a textwall... :)

Speaking of "Player driven economy", it became kind of buzzword on the market - these mean nothing, what matters is implementation. And Raph Koster of Star Wars Galaxies (together with couple more UO / SWG folks) is on team, working on economy among other things.

"Typical" is certainly not the word I would use, no idea what makes you say so? For what it's worth, here is a brief game overview - http://www.ign.com/wikis/crowfall ; That wiki is yet to be updated with another major feature - bodies in game will be crafted and lootable (!), which means rather frequent change of sex/class/race during fights i.e. upon death.

There is much more than that, but it would turn this into a textwall... :)

Speaking of "Player driven economy", it became kind of buzzword on the market - these mean nothing, what matters is implementation. And Raph Koster of Star Wars Galaxies (together with couple more UO / SWG folks) is on team, working on economy among other things.

Sorry but I've read the documentation and I'm not sold as there is nothing unique here, hell I'll leave a LINK myself.  There is nothing interesting or unique here, give me one reason why I should support this as an alternitive to renewing my FFIX subscription and I'll consider.  Until then no way.

I'm not a cynical person and I want it to succeed but I am also honest.  This screams generic and unoriginal 

Sorry but I've read the documentation and I'm not sold as there is nothing unique here, hell I'll leave a LINK myself.  There is nothing interesting or unique here, give me one reason why I should support this as an alternitive to renewing my FFIX subscription and I'll consider.  Until then no way.

I'm not a cynical person and I want it to succeed but I am also honest.  This screams generic and unoriginal 

Well if you prefer FFIX - go ahead, it's your taste and choice. I won't be trying to convince you that you should play this instead of that, not my style really =)

Quick update: already 115 000+ registered supporters, the budget is about to break $7M and siege / destruction tests should start any day.

Couple alpha-test videos (early tests, have mercy!) first - Confessor (fire damage) with some Centaurs:

...and, say, some messy Ranger PvP:

Well first of all that 'Most anticpated MMO' award from IGN is a little misleading as the game is actually one of nine that they had on a list and even then they said that the list wasn't complete.

But yeah other then that I share the same statment that Crazycrab made, there is little to really get excited about this game both from reading the website and watching the videos, It just looks overly generic and plain.

The things I'm most excited about Crowfall:

1. The mix between a strategy game and a MMORPG
  2. The temporary "servers": the campaign worlds only last for a few months and then get destroyed. Players have to "win" the servers
  3. Player-driven economy: every item will be crafted, traded and transported physically in the world by the players
  4. PvP-focused: no boring mobs grind, no repetitive quests, the PvP "end-game" is available day 1
  5. Skill-based: characters don't have "levels" and the difference of power between a newbie and a veteran isn't huge
  6. A combat that should strike a balance between traditional MMORPG and the new generation of fast-paced action MMO
  7. The emphasis put on territory control, politics and strategy (alliances, spies, points of interest, caravans, 
  8. Physics and destruction of structures: walls collapsing on players, mass impacting on players' interactions, object collisions, etc.)

Most MMORPGs I know, I've to grind days and days before being any useful for PvP or do boring quests to farm EXP.

Camelot Unchained is another PvP-oriented MMORPG that's coming... in the future... idk when but looks really promising too.

Battlerite (the spiritual successor of Bloodline Champions) should start its Beta soonish, if it's as good as BLC it should be awesome.

Other than that, Gloria Victis is another PvP MMORPG, but with a lower budget (still lot of fun testing though).

Btw hey JamesGoblin! :)

JamesGoblin likes this

16 hours ago, To Play - Press Start said:

Well first of all that 'Most anticpated MMO' award from IGN is a little misleading as the game is actually one of nine that they had on a list and even then they said that the list wasn't complete.

But yeah other then that I share the same statment that Crazycrab made, there is little to really get excited about this game both from reading the website and watching the videos, It just looks overly generic and plain.

I agree about IGN, in fact there is nothing to agree on - it's obvious (just by the way, that list has EQ:Next and half of it are not even MMOs IIRC!?).

Speaking of game features, if frequent sex/class/race changes (i.e. identity tied to the spirit and not the body) combined with Voxel building/destruction and procedural generation of unique worlds - even with players building their own ones via already demonstrated tool - together with rulesets varying in dozens of combos (and growing) from FFA FL to carebearland with PvP off (and with players being able to set their own rules, besides personal world building), and worlds with winning conditions and each one to be wiped (with quite fancy changes to it's creatures and appearance over 4 seasons) after couple months, all that happening on series of servers with full destruction sieges with hundreds of players...if aiming to build medieval EVE and finally having money and expertise and manpower for that... if all that is overly generic and plain, then yes - I agree with you =)

9 hours ago, franciscourant said:

The things I'm most excited about Crowfall:

1. The mix between a strategy game and a MMORPG
  2. The temporary "servers": the campaign worlds only last for a few months and then get destroyed. Players have to "win" the servers
  3. Player-driven economy: every item will be crafted, traded and transported physically in the world by the players
  4. PvP-focused: no boring mobs grind, no repetitive quests, the PvP "end-game" is available day 1
  5. Skill-based: characters don't have "levels" and the difference of power between a newbie and a veteran isn't huge
  6. A combat that should strike a balance between traditional MMORPG and the new generation of fast-paced action MMO
  7. The emphasis put on territory control, politics and strategy (alliances, spies, points of interest, caravans, 
  8. Physics and destruction of structures: walls collapsing on players, mass impacting on players' interactions, object collisions, etc.)

Most MMORPGs I know, I've to grind days and days before being any useful for PvP or do boring quests to farm EXP.

Camelot Unchained is another PvP-oriented MMORPG that's coming... in the future... idk when but looks really promising too.

Battlerite (the spiritual successor of Bloodline Champions) should start its Beta soonish, if it's as good as BLC it should be awesome.

Other than that, Gloria Victis is another PvP MMORPG, but with a lower budget (still lot of fun testing though).

Btw hey JamesGoblin! :)

Howdy!  Speaking of Camelot Unchained - frankly, number one on my hypeMeter, but they are in pre-beta crunch and not much is happening that can be shown - there is this lovely album I made (yes I know, I'm shameless!) on Worlize - no matter what will be the fate of that game, the images are lovely.

And if you don't stop and click to zoom in each one, and enjoy in it's beauty for couple seconds, know that you did a little crime against humanity :)

franciscourant likes this

On 4/5/2016 at 4:10 AM, JamesGoblin said:

Howdy!  Speaking of Camelot Unchained - frankly, number one on my hypeMeter, but they are in pre-beta crunch and not much is happening that can be shown - there is this lovely album I made (yes I know, I'm shameless!) on Worlize - no matter what will be the fate of that game, the images are lovely.

And if you don't stop and click to zoom in each one, and enjoy in it's beauty for couple seconds, know that you did a little crime against humanity :)

That's a really nice album. I'm a big fan of Camelot Unchained artworks. The drawing style of Michelle is lovely.

My favorite pulled from your album:

Seadragon.jpg 

Pets4.jpg

Md_3dragon02111.jpg

Firbog2.jpg

TuathaHamadryad02.png

Tuatha1.jpg

Oh well I'm getting pretty much off-topic now. =P Crowfall art is really sweet too. Two different genres that I appreciate a lot.

JamesGoblin likes this

A couple updates: Crowfall broke 120 000 registered supporters and $7M of budget, Druid (healer/nuker) is next class to be added and new siege engines are revealed - below you can see these babies in action, doing some voxel destruction (hey, this rhymes!):

PS Alpha access is kinda expensive, but open beta (free tests!) is scheduled for this winter - it's enough to just register on the site.

"Big World Tests" started, here's preview by TheLazyPeon:

...and some recent combat footage by ItsZiz: