• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Skyforge: best unlockable classes you should get as quickly as you can.

14 posts in this topic

Skyforge.... Is pretty awesome. I thought I was going to get tired playing this game after 12 hours, like usual mmos I tried to play, but I'm now at 1600 prestige, and my Paladin class doesn't need one of those colour square thingies to upgrade. I know they're sparks but I just like referencing them that way. Easy to remember. Instead now I'm using class points!

There is a major reason on why I keep on playing this game: the coolass unlockable classes. After I reach the point where I don't need square thingies anymore to upgrade my Paladin, a whole new world is opened to me. The game tells me about different classes that I can unlock, and it lets me practice with all of them. Here's the classes that I thought are the coolest and possibly the best in the game, which I am soooooo planning to get asap:

Slayer

When you add ninjas to the game, it's guaranteed to be awesome. And this class doesn't disappoint. Cool looking fast flashy attacks, has both melee and long range shuriken attacks, and the attacks has a pretty high damage. It also has this neat ability which lets you stun enemies, and this one which turns you into a shadow and just use a high long range slam attack that gives out really high damage. And since this class is the closest to obtain in the ascension atlas, this is the first class that I am going for.

Berserker

It's like a mix of Guts from Berserk and that chainsaw sword in Warhammer 40,000. Or just a chainsaw in general. This class lets you use Guts' giant sword, which has a chainsaw on it. I mean that's a win right there. The attacks are highly damaging, especially if you use the buff that grants you extra strength, the skill that lets you chainsaw a monster's balls which stuns it temporarily, the whirlwind sword swing that sucks nearby enemies to you which will kill most low health enemies easily, and the ability to turn big and unleash a barrage of high damaging attacks. The downside to this class is the slow attack, which is problematic if you are fighting against enemies that uses those annoying high damage attacks and you run out of dodge to use which can lead to instant death, and that your mana will decrease to half unless you finish off enemies to refill it. But who cares about that? You're Guts!

Monk

Even though this class makes your character's ass clench and stretch like crazy, it has 3 different stances to use. The normal stance, the fire stance and the wind stance. The normal stance concentrates on close range attack and it has high damage, the fire stance concentrates on crowd control and it allows for attacks that burns enemies per second, and the wind stance is about flashy fast attacks and is used to get to enemies at a distance. Simple to use, the attacks doesn't need mana at all, and the damage is high. It's pretty far away in the atlas though.

Gunner

Best ranged class in the game. Holy shitballs. Like, it's actually really simple to use. You have a gatling gun, a plasma cannon and a mortar + homing rocket launcher. And you just switch stances between gatling gun and plasma cannon when the gatling gun overheats. IT'S SO GOOD! It's like playing a typical third person shooter, but here it locks on to enemies which makes shooting such a joy, you can move while shooting, and the damage this class has is ridiculous, especially since you're using a gatling gun and you just see those damage numbers pop up in milliseconds. Make it your top priority to get this class immediately. Which is unfortunate because this class is pretty far to reach!

Honourable mention goes to the archer, knight and the warlock classes. The archer and warlock classes are pretty decent ranged classes, the warlock has this ability to summon crows and make them all explode at once when there's different enemies, but they require constant switching and your hand will get pretty sore after clicking a lot. The knight class is pretty damaging and has a pretty good defense abilities, but it simply can't compete with classes that has a ninja, a shaolin monk and Guts.

The rest of the classes are pretty weak, and these classes takes me the longest to complete the tutorial compared to the others. Necromancer has a pretty cool ability to turn into this being that sucks enemy lifes, and it can summon minions from dead enemies, but the damage is quite low, and you stand still while you attack even though it's a ranged class.

Then there's this class that makes you look like Doc Oc from Spiderman, mixed with a bit of Green Goblin and Hulk when you transform into a giant monster, but the damage is pretty low, and your hand will get sore after training with this class.

Finally there's the one with the metal arm thing that shoots electric charges. Ugh, this class's damage is the lowest out of all of them. It has decent close range and long range abilities, but what's the point if this class takes the longest to kill an enemy?

I suggest that you get those 4 classes as your top priority while still using your chosen starter class. Do you think those other classes that I thought are pretty weak are better than I thought? Let me know!

You're forgetting doing damage isn't the only thing that matters in an MMO. I case you forgot or you didn't know in the first place, there's usually 3 kinds of roles in MMOs: DPS, Tank and support.

A DPS can deal an insane amount of damage but it's pretty weak when comes to defense.

The tank, as the name suggests, focuses on being as defensive as possible and absorbing damage for the team.

The support roll can do 1 of 3 things:

1) Keep the team alive with healing abilities.

2) Buff allies.

3) De-buff enemies. 

But they're crap when it comes to fighting. 

You're forgetting doing damage isn't the only thing that matters in an MMO. I case you forgot or you didn't know in the first place, there's usually 3 kinds of roles in MMOs: DPS, Tank and support.

A DPS can deal an insane amount of damage but it's pretty weak when comes to defense.

The tank, as the name suggests, focuses on being as defensive as possible and absorbing damage for the team.

The support roll can do 1 of 3 things:

1) Keep the team alive with healing abilities.

2) Buff allies.

3) De-buff enemies.

But they're crap when it comes to fighting.

Wait, what's this all of a sudden? This has nothing to do with the classes I'm talking about. I'm describing the classes that should be picked since they're great compared to the others which are pretty lame. The 3 starter classes you can pick are pretty good in their own, I'm just recommending the ones that are cooler and more advantageous to pick considering that the path to most classes will definitely take a LOOOOT of time. Like, "play this game for 100 hours for required resources" kind of long.

Besides, the combat and classes in this game is much different than regular mmos. While usual mmo games are just point and click games, this game is an action RPG, like Diablo or regular action games with combos, dodging and such, and every classes have neat abilities that makes them versatile and doesn't just clasify as one specific role. Usually the close range attackers are both DPS and Tank while the ranged attackers are both DPS and support. The Paladin class is an all rounder for example, he acts both as a DPS, Tank and a bit of support because of his high health and high damage combos with buffing and shield abilities, while Cryomaster is both DPS and support since it's health is low, but it has crowd clearing and distraction abilities. And missions in the game is played like a regular action game. Just pick a mission, and choose to do it solo or in a group. I tend to go solo and I can pretty much beat everything with any of the 3 starter class after I level up and do combos constantly.

Which unlockable classes do you recommend? What class have you unlocked in the game?

I recommend Kinetic as it has the best burst damage in the game. Berserker is a close second.

I recommend Kinetic as it has the best burst damage in the game. Berserker is a close second.

Is Cryomaster better or worse than Kinetic?

Is Cryomaster better or worse than Kinetic?

There basically equal, but the Cryro is damage at a distance, whereas the Kinetic is more close range, depending on what you want.

As for order of "Coolness" it all depends on what you define as cool. Me, i think Kinetic is the coolest (wonder why?) but thats me.

If played right, i see alot of people play it wrong...alot

BAh on your kinetic I like me slayer "alot" more than the Kinetic

The problem i noticed with slayer is most of the abilities are unlock after you get the slayer merits badge things like 80% of the abilities

There basically equal, but the Cryro is damage at a distance, whereas the Kinetic is more close range, depending on what you want.

If that's the case, then I say just use Cryo and forget about Kinetic! The skill line to get to Kinetic waste a lot of sparks anyway, rather just get Berseker which is right beside it or Slayer and Archer which is around the same distance.

I'm looking forward to the Kinetic, Warlock, and Berserker.

I thought I would enjoy the Necromancer, but after trying it in the simulator, I just couldn't enjoy it.  At all.  I think it's the fact that I can't attack and move at the same time.

Every class I have played was fun to play, well maybe except alchemist since I did it solo. The topic of this discussion is controversial because "best" and "quickly" usually dont get together well. This is the case in skyforge too, the only class I consider to be OP is berzerker, and its quite expensive to get. Not saying other ones are bad, but they just cant compete at this time. Why? I could name lots and lots of reasons, but some of the more obvious are SPAM aoe that also has cc, has buff that regen 70% of damage taken, every ult in the game has like 6+ 10+ 12+ minutes, where berz ult is ~2minutes. You can even use it several times in a boss fight.

So yeah fast ones are: archer, slayer, kinetic, necro

OP at this time is berseker

My advice is: just go to the training area and give them all a test. You wont get the exact experience, but youll get the first feel of them. Get whatever you feel fits you best, because it is beta and most likely they will get nerfs/buffs once in a while

Kaz32 likes this

because it is beta and most likely they will get nerfs/buffs once in a while

This game is in beta???? Wow, this is pretty damn good for a beta. I can't imagine what more things will be added to the full game. Maybe there will be a space battle added in the future. Kind of like Warframe!

You're the Skyforge pantheon leader! I requested to be included, but I haven't receive any invitation by Humorousone. I have even reached 2511 prestige to get the promo code. Is he ok? Must be busy with work. Or is it that the pantheon has reached it's limit?

You guys are all crazy. Cryomancer is the best class in the game

You guys are all crazy. Cryomancer is the best class in the game

Let it go.

You're the Skyforge pantheon leader! I requested to be included, but I haven't receive any invitation by Humorousone. I have even reached 2511 prestige to get the promo code. Is he ok? Must be busy with work. Or is it that the pantheon has reached it's limit?

Yes he was away traveling for a few days. I will try to get you invited in like 9 hours, when i come back from work. Also poking people in teamspeak helps to get in too :) Though I keep my officers limited, currently Humorous and Terra. We have 40 members +  at prestige range 2k-15k