• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Dark Souls III

255 posts in this topic

First off nice drawing, I need to get back in the practice of things before attempting to draw anything humanoid without it looking horribly disfigured.

The dragons look more attuned to Sinh the Slumbering Dragon to me and not so much the everlasting dragons shown in Dark Souls prologue. Technically still dragons but not the same species as Seath and the brethren he so betrayed.

Thank you kindly~

And you make a good point about the dragons, I guess I was misremembering their appearance...

They look like Kalameet mixed with Sinh along with the bestial hair strands from beasts in BB, though.

triangle for two handing again? Oh lord Im going to be pushing that button to heal and ill be two handing instead now lol.  WHY BLOODBORNE WHY

I replayed Dks1 recently and I wasted SO much Estus for this very reason.

-----

ALSO! Did anyone ever notice that the cinematic for dks1 takes place in the ash lake area? Aswell as in Bloodborne, It looks like that is where the hunter's dream is located?

Edited by WeLiVeR

Thank you kindly~

And you make a good point about the dragons, I guess I was misremembering their appearance...

They look like Kalameet mixed with Sinh along with the bestial hair strands from beasts in BB, though.

I replayed Dks1 recently and I wasted SO much Estus for this very reason.

-----

ALSO! Did anyone ever notice that the cinematic for dks1 takes place in the ash lake area? Aswell as in Bloodborne, It looks like that is where the hunter's dream is located?

They have large trees but that's about it. Seeing how Bloodborne is Lovecraftian in many ways the dream world is for all extensive purposes another dimension similar the School Hallways, Nightmare Frontier, and the Realm of Mensis is. It's another place where the Old Ones reside case in point being that the Moon Presence lives there and is probably the creator of the Dream. This is unlike Ash Lake which is part of the world though underneath it all, I think Ash Lake is merely a remnant of the world of the Souls game was once was when it was the time of dragons. So similar to trying connecting Dark Souls to Demon's Souls, there are similarities but other then that they have nothing that ties the two and are just successors in spirit, if you are trying to say they are the same world.

They have large trees but that's about it. Seeing how Bloodborne is Lovecraftian in many ways the dream world is for all extensive purposes another dimension similar the School Hallways, Nightmare Frontier, and the Realm of Mensis is. It's another place where the Old Ones reside case in point being that the Moon Presence lives there and is probably the creator of the Dream. This is unlike Ash Lake which is part of the world though underneath it all, I think Ash Lake is merely a remnant of the world of the Souls game was once was when it was the time of dragons. So similar to trying connecting Dark Souls to Demon's Souls, there are similarities but other then that they have nothing that ties the two and are just successors in spirit, if you are trying to say they are the same world.

No, no, I wasn't. I just like seeing developers reference their own games. Though I do imagine BB is the dimension that Marvelous Chester is from :D

--

Ash lake is my favorite area in dks1 though...

Edited by WeLiVeR

Oh well my apologize for assuming that.

Ash Lake is nice, though my favorite place has to be The Painted World with my waifu Priscilla. XD

Ash Lake is nice, though my favorite place has to be The Painted World with my waifu Priscilla. XD

Yeah no problem, no problem. I probably could've been clearer haha.

but yeah, I love The Painted World(Xanthous FTW!) but when you enter Ash Lake... Woo, IT just HITS you. The music there is just so perfect.

I finished my hype drawing though~ Might've made it too similar to Alva.. And I absolutely hate that shield, I think it turned out terrible.

dks3_oroi_finished_by_weliver-d94no6u.pn

priscilla....right...i didnt kill her for the scythe, no way >.>

WeLiVeR likes this

priscilla....right...i didnt kill her for the scythe, no way >.>

How could you? :(

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

How could you? :(

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

because i wanted to duel wield scythes and she had the other in the game lol.  oh and i cut her tail.  hey man, souls are souls

I have more gameplay footage for you guys from Gamescom. Now there were apparently two builds in the Gamescom demo, one was the knight that you saw IGN playing as and the other class was called the Northern Warrior which this video below shocases. So here you are, granted don't know how good the player is since I haven't watched it fully so watch with your discretion that they might not be good and make you pull your hair out with little things that as a Souls pro you know by now to do:

WeLiVeR likes this

More info on the game. Once again from the lovely folks of Fextralife but this time they met up with another group of people who got a chance to get a more indepth interview from Miyazaki who are here to help enlighten some details that have seemingly confused the public:

http://fextralife.com/miyazaki-dark-souls-3-magic-info-via-pcgames/

Biggest important one I think that should ease people is that the builds in the demo, which both were heavy builds, were made to be faster for the demo and won't move as fast in the final product. Basically confirming the fact that probably due to no actual weight load in the demo the builds were unaffected by what they were wearing.

Also if you are a magic user get ready for the next demo which more then likely will be at Tokyo Game Show. It shall show off magic.

WeLiVeR likes this

More info on the game. Once again from the lovely folks of Fextralife but this time they met up with another group of people who got a chance to get a more indepth interview from Miyazaki who are here to help enlighten some details that have seemingly confused the public:

http://fextralife.com/miyazaki-dark-souls-3-magic-info-via-pcgames/

Biggest important one I think that should ease people is that the builds in the demo, which both were heavy builds, were made to be faster for the demo and won't move as fast in the final product. Basically confirming the fact that probably due to no actual weight load in the demo the builds were unaffected by what they were wearing.

Also if you are a magic user get ready for the next demo which more then likely will be at Tokyo Game Show. It shall show off magic.

This is good news indeed, I Was very curious. Mainly because how 'bad?' Magic was in BB. Well, It wasn't bad but It only had a few good uses.

But I certainly don't main a mage in every game. I don't use magic in pvp though, except pursuers sometimes in dks1.

jF4z7dP.jpgI would show my scholar mage but I don't have a screenshot and I uninstalled it because I got banned for no reason and It pissed me off. 

Edited by WeLiVeR

I like ash lake too. Just imagine a souls game that is massive in scope. It starts off like other souls games but at what seems near the end you get to ash lake again, and unlike DS1, the other trees are full blown souls worlds too, and you can explore all dem trees.

This obviously wont ever happen due to budget, time, etc. But if there is some kinda heavenly afterlife, that is what souls would be :-P

WeLiVeR likes this

I like ash lake too. Just imagine a souls game that is massive in scope. It starts off like other souls games but at what seems near the end you get to ash lake again, and unlike DS1, the other trees are full blown souls worlds too, and you can explore all dem trees.

This obviously wont ever happen due to budget, time, etc. But if there is some kinda heavenly afterlife, that is what souls would be :-P

I imagine maybe that at some point we will explore the area that is ash lake in more depth.

Simply because, that's sort of the world before the war we see, yeah? If, IF, we ever go to the time before/during the war with the dragons. (Seems exciting, but doubtful since that's more straight up epic instead of dark.)

Though, how cool would it be to fight beside Gwyn against the dragons?

I don't really think each tree connects to a new world rather that what we see in Ash Lake was what the world once was, a world full of archtrees without the crags, those being mostly filled up by the water. Where each tree leads is just somewhere else in the world, if all the trees are interactable like the one in The Great Swamp is. Basically the world just built over what was there literally.

I imagine maybe that at some point we will explore the area that is ash lake in more depth.

Simply because, that's sort of the world before the war we see, yeah? If, IF, we ever go to the time before/during the war with the dragons. (Seems exciting, but doubtful since that's more straight up epic instead of dark.)

Though, how cool would it be to fight beside Gwyn against the dragons?

Well I don't think fighting the dragons was entirely epic, after all speaking with Gough gives insight on what the war was like:

The dragons shall never be forgotten…

We knights fought valiantly, but for every one of them, we lost three score of our own.

Exhiliration, pride, hatred, rage… The dragons teased out our dearest emotions.

…Thou will understand, one day.

Fighting the dragons wasn't an easy task. Eh they won but I think they won primarily due to the fact Seath betrayed his own. How he betrayed them is still a mystery maybe some vital weakness that turned the favor of war but despite how the beginning is portrayed with Gywn, Nito, and the Witch, I don't think they would of entirely won without Seath's help. Just my thought. As for a game based in that time, it would be interesting but anticlimatic all ready knowing what is going to happen

WeLiVeR likes this

I don't really think each tree connects to a new world rather that what we see in Ash Lake was what the world once was, a world full of archtrees without the crags, those being mostly filled up by the water. Where each tree leads is just somewhere else in the world, if all the trees are interactable like the one in The Great Swamp is. Basically the world just built over what was there literally.

Well I don't think fighting the dragons was entirely epic, after all speaking with Gough gives insight on what the war was like:

The dragons shall never be forgotten…

We knights fought valiantly, but for every one of them, we lost three score of our own.

Exhiliration, pride, hatred, rage… The dragons teased out our dearest emotions.

…Thou will understand, one day.

Fighting the dragons wasn't an easy task. Eh they won but I think they won primarily due to the fact Seath betrayed his own. How he betrayed them is still a mystery maybe some vital weakness that turned the favor of war but despite how the beginning is portrayed with Gywn, Nito, and the Witch, I don't think they would of entirely won without Seath's help. Just my thought. As for a game based in that time, it would be interesting but anticlimatic all ready knowing what is going to happen

I would personally like a game going more into Seathe's lore. He's a really interesting character, just mainly a mystery.

And aye, that's always the issue about pre-lude games. It's like playing TES and actually knowing the Lore. 

Morrowind - Lore talks about the Nerevarine and how he stopped Dagoth-Ur. The world is still around and Lorkhan didn't stomp everything out under Dagoth-Ur's control.

Oblivion - The Oblivion Crisis was obviously won by the hero of Cyrodil because as we know, The world wasn't Destroyed by Mehrune-Dagon.

Skyrim - Alduin failed in destroying Nirn because of the Dragonborn.

ESO - Skyrim tells us how that war ends, pretty much.

Its possible that each tree is merely a part of the same world. But inbmy fantasy afterlife heaven they are all their ownnworld damnit =p.

Oh damn! I need that in my life, gotta run and buy one next month-

Add it to my 3-ft high game informer collection, or put it on my Shelf with my DS collector's stuff... Tough decision. 

Anyways, this shows how much attention From are getting these days.

To think, only a few years ago... We we're playing Demon's Souls and Dark Souls and they were definitely a niche game, but then Dark Souls 2 was pretty damn mainstream and sold really well, and now DKs3 is on Game Informer! 

PR74vVS.png

Something interesting a fan pointed out with the three big images of each game in the series.:

tumblr_ns4snhlzJY1unxlj8o1_r1_540.png

Only big difference is the third image they are pointed left and have both hands on the sword.

I dont think dark souls was really niche fonsidering it had a midnight release event here, which is uncommon for vancouver. The only recent one before it I coukd think of was diablo3.

Demons souls on the other hand wasnt only niche but was one of those titles where finding a copy when it wasnt new was fairly difficult.

New info is out. Here is what is returning for Dark Souls 3:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/09/08/dark-souls-iii-what-s-in-what-s-out.aspx

-Fast Travel

-NG+ (duh)

-Respecialization (Going to be different then Dark Souls 2 Soulvessel but there will be a way)

-Durability

-Summoning and Invasion (duh again)

-Hidden Walls

-Magic

Speaking of Magic Miyazaki himself has come forward to talk about magic:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/09/08/miyazaki-opens-up-about-dark-souls-iii-s-magic-system.aspx

WeLiVeR likes this

Even the ones you didnt duh are pretty duh ti me, which is good cuz dont change shit thag works.

One thing I want though is a dark souls 1 style world... Not 2 where the land is impossible. I particularly like being able to ser all the areas you have been to atop sens fortress.