• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Dark Souls III

255 posts in this topic

well, i got in.  a friend of mine registered with 5 emails and he told me today that he had an extra so now im in, yay.  anything you want tested arget?

Nope not unless I test it and your friend happens to have another spare. Guess I'm going awol for awhile unless I find a code from someone who has a spare, not going to be touching forums where I know people are testing stuff and now I have to mark AJSA off to stay away from for a week or two.

Killer I'm not sure how the hell I'm going to repay you in the future but I shall. For now all I can say is this:

maxresdefault.jpg

likes this

I'll tell you the same thing I told one of my friends when I bought him a PS4, Just play it don't think about repaying me.

likes this

All I want is a ps4 to be affordable during black-friday or boxing day. *crosses fingers*... 

I recently bought bloodborne for it for a cool 30 bucks but heard it is getting an ultimate edition now...not sure if I should craigslist it for 50 and buy the ultimate when it comes out.

Well after last night's first test I figured I would go over some things here about it:

-It runs at a steady 30 FPS. For those that don't know they are going down the Bloodborne route again which is 30 FPS 1080P. There were some frame drops but this primarily happened for me whenever the test messenge came up stating "Thank you for participating.... blah blah blah..... etc" which you know won't be in the final product so that's nothing entirely to worry about.

-Enemies are familiar yet have kind of an overall unique appearance to them. You know the whole hollow thing but they have kind of a fresh coat of paint on them, more so then the jump from Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2.

-Graphics are on par if not better then that of Bloodborne or what Dark Souls 2 was originally shown to look like.

-The world does feel more Dark Souls then Dark Souls 2 where you can look out at the world and see the places that you shall be going to. Also comba feels more Dark Souls then Dark Souls 2 with a bit of quicker speed. Magic is more on par with Dark Souls 2.

-Speaking of magic, they ripped a page from Demon's Souls and magic is back to being a mana bar on the top where you health and stamina is. Difference is that now they've added a new consumable called ash estus which is similar to estus but for your mana bar. Mana is also needed for the sword arts they added into the game now, a change from what was originally shown which was it being its own thing previously.

-Co-op and invasion work a little differently. In the sense if you are the invader or the person being summoned it works relatively the same, you either put your summon sign on the ground or use a red eye orb to invade. However for the host things are slightly different. Instead of a humanity system this time around there are things called Embers which you consume, when consumed it slightly alters your character's appearance and allows you to summon and be invaded. You can summon up to three phantoms and be invaded up to three red phantoms (I think, most I heard someone having is 3 white phantoms and 2 reds but I believe the max for reds is 3 as well).

-Now lets get to the good stuff, the boss. Oh the boss such a boss indeed. The cutscene itself takes a bit of Bloodborne element where it spawns in the air above similar to The One Reborn but the fight, the fight is something else entirely. It's new, and different, a fight that really makes you think on what you are doing because the boss's elegant yet deadly moves can hit close or far. Then the second phase makes you have to change up a bit as well for she becomes a lot more aggressive and brings in another sword. I so can't wait to see more boss fights.

-Of course there is the secret ice enemy mini boss. He fights similar yet also differently to the boss as well. Of course the main thing with him is he can cause the player to have the new effect called Frostbite.

-There are four classes available in the test: Wandering Knight, Northern Warrior, Cleric (can't remember the name off the top of my head of what it's called in the test), and the assassin sorcerer. The sorcerer has the vibe of Bloodborne with the clothes.

ah pvp, such fun it is again.  especially when you spank a host and two white phantoms, i love how they added that if you kill a white you get two estus back as a reward.

So day 2 of testing and I want to talk on lore. Now we really don't have any information on lore since we can't see item descriptions currently but the pieces of lore I want to look at come from the three epitaph's that we can find in the game:

1.) Grave of a nameless retainer. Raised his sword for the Lord of Cinder.

2.) This exile was chased from his homeland, and haunted by a black sun.

3.) Died in solitude. May his soul find its way back to the Frigid Valley.

Now the first one really doesn't have anything lore related we can speculate on besides the usual what are these Lords of Cinder or in this case a Lord of Cinder.

The second one we come across however is interesting in that it says haunted by a black sun. What could this mean? The way it is describe kind of gives the impression of the Dark Sign since people feared those who were afflicted by it since those people normally turn hollow. Or perhaps it is something else?

The third one is interesting because it talks about the Frigid Valley along with an interesting note is that it's found in the dungeon where the freeze knight is. It sounds at if this person found the Frigid Valley as a sanctuary, perhaps the Frigid Valley is the hub of this land we are in since I don't believe the area we are playing in is the starting area, close to the starting area perhaps but not the actual starting area.

So I spent the last day of testing doing nothing but PVP.  April needs to hurry the hell up.

I agree. Someone invent a time machine to take me to April 23, 2016, please. 

Oh, and to those that got into the closed stress test, your all lucky bastards.

So some images have slipped for the Collector's Edition and an even larger, Prestige Edition:

2962898-collector.jpg

tumblr_nxken0KveJ1rn9ge0o2_1280.jpg

Of course big difference between the two are the statues themselves. Collector's edition will bring you the Red Knight Statue while Prestige Edition brings an even larger statue of a Lord of Cinder along with a more badass box. XD

The leak comes from a middle eastern retailer so the pricing is a little odd but going off of estimates. The Collector's Edition costs about $136 dollars and the Prestige Edition reigns in at a whopping $490. Granted pricing could be different if these are legitimately true editions for Dark Souls 3 but I just look at it and think:

lhjhbB9.gif?noredirect

likes this

Well more stuff while we wait to hear info on those awesome editions of the game. Apparently Miyazaki wasn't on Dark Souls 3 in the beginning but joined on when told the idea was hitting some 'bumps' during the prototype phase:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/17/production-on-dark-souls-3-began-without-miyazaki

Seeing as how he was working on Bloodborne and its dlc, I can see why he wasn't on board at first. However, since he is on board now; We can release that breath that we have been holding. Isn't that right, Lord of Cinder..... Don't know how I feel about not being an undead yet though.

Yeah I'm curious how they are going to explain that as well. I mean I like the theory Vaati has but until we have solid info on it it's going to keep me curious on why the sudden shift from the undead/human form to this new lord of cinder/human form.

I know this might sound obvious to most people, but since it hasn't been confirmed yet, I really hope there are Pyromancies in this game.

I know this might sound obvious to most people, but since it hasn't been confirmed yet, I really hope there are Pyromancies in this game.

I don't really see why they wouldn't be, they're in all souls games except Bloodborne. 

They were even in Demon's Souls, just under Sorceries.

In the test build of DS3 that some got into, they was a sorcerer test class. Sense there are sorceries in the game, I'm fairly certain there are pyromancies.

As a semi Souls vet (I've beaten Demon's Souls, Darks Souls, and sadly I raged quit halfway of Dark Souls 2. Now that I got a new PS4 not too long ago, I'm going to give Bloodborne a shot), I'm looking forward to pick up a sword and shield after all these years. The style looks fantastic, the combat is just right, and the environment looks exquisite. The only 2 things I'm deeply concerned about the game are the consequences of death, and whether or not the enemies are going to de-spawn.  Is it going to be like Dark Souls 1 where you can keep your health stats, or is it going to be like Dark Souls 2 where you lose small chunks of health per death?  I know some people like de-spawning enemies, but I personally hated it. That was the reason why I came back for more when I play the Soul games: You get killed by the boss, you farm enough souls to become stronger (perhaps overpowered enough to kill them within a few swings), kill the boss, rinse and repeat.  I have high hopes for this, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

All I know about Dark Souls III is that the Lord of Cinder - That is the player title, you are no longer an undead- that you have a base health, but if you consume an ember - humanity- you enter into the Lord of Cinder state which increases your health by a lot. Lookup vaatividya or SunLightBlade. One of them has the information, I was basically paraphrasing what I can remember that they said anyway.  

As a semi Souls vet (I've beaten Demon's Souls, Darks Souls, and sadly I raged quit halfway of Dark Souls 2. Now that I got a new PS4 not too long ago, I'm going to give Bloodborne a shot), I'm looking forward to pick up a sword and shield after all these years. The style looks fantastic, the combat is just right, and the environment looks exquisite. The only 2 things I'm deeply concerned about the game are the consequences of death, and whether or not the enemies are going to de-spawn.  Is it going to be like Dark Souls 1 where you can keep your health stats, or is it going to be like Dark Souls 2 where you lose small chunks of health per death?  I know some people like de-spawning enemies, but I personally hated it. That was the reason why I came back for more when I play the Soul games: You get killed by the boss, you farm enough souls to become stronger (perhaps overpowered enough to kill them within a few swings), kill the boss, rinse and repeat.  I have high hopes for this, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Question 1

So far the only thing we've seen happen with death really is no summon help. There is no hollow and human form, rather it is human and lord of cinder form which the lord of cinder form allows you to summon other players and gives some more health. Whether or not there will be other consequences we have to wait and see.

Question 2

Fromsoft has all ready stated the answer to this. The despawning enemies is gone, it's going back to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls where enemies stay no matter how many times you kill them except for those important enemies that die after killed once.

New trailer with the confirmed date of April 12th being the release:

They are really keeping any form of other area in this game from being seen I'll give them that. Also it seems that the red knight statue is heading to other countries though no news on that Lord of Cinder giant statue version.

likes this

Actually, On their website I believe, they've had the us release date for a little while now.

Actually, On their website I believe, they've had the us release date for a little while now.

Actually nope, we've know it was April yes but the actual day has pretty much been unknown except for the leaked images for that Collector and Prestige Edition which speaking of, we have some info on those:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-release-date-confirmed-jaw-dropping-n/1100-6432821/

So unfortunately it seems the Lord of Cinder statue is only avaiable through Amazon UK so if someone is from Europe I have a question, if I seemingly decided to get that variant would there be any issues I would have to worry about playing it on a US system?

Also here is gameplay footage of a different area that was also released:

Giant tree boss!

New footage with boss fight near the end. You have been warn of spoilers!

New footage with boss fight near the end. You have been warn of spoilers!

Beat you to it mate post above, but yeah boss is cool in design, wonder what the second half will be like with how it ended.