• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Dark Souls III

255 posts in this topic

Gah I hate this waiting and it hasn't even been a damn week. I'm going to go hollow for sure now....

I've broken down slightly and looked at a few things on another forum that is all Souls based, some things I have seen by accident some due to curiosity killing a cat or whatever anyways nothing to spoilery in this post, just some things I'm sharing that probably will be fixed  before the worldwide release:

-There seems to be a gamebreaking glitch, something that involves a covenant. I don't know anything else about it besides that since I didn't look into the post.

-Maybe a dupe glitch? Like all other Souls games a dupe glitch might of been discovered, though the post was a bit confusing so I'm not sure if they actually found said glitch or if they were asking about it as if the game had one since the past games had it.

-So far I've only heard of one repeating boss from a previous game which is good news to me.

-Lots of references to Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and even some Bloodborne.

likes this

I love the idea that From Software took the best bits from Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls...rolled it into a nice little bundle and said prepare to die.

likes this

I meant to say this like a month ago but think ai forgot. But one thing I miss in the newer souls that demons souls had were dem phantoms.

I know there was the odd named phantom like the butcher blade lady in the swamp, the greatsword dude in front of that colloseum chariot boss thing, the weird pyro monk dude in the graveyard in thportrait land, etc... But they are very rare. Demons souls had a handful of phantoms in nearly every stage rather than like 1 every 4 areas.

I

1 hour ago, Ghaleon said:

I meant to say this like a month ago but think ai forgot. But one thing I miss in the newer souls that demons souls had were dem phantoms.

I know there was the odd named phantom like the butcher blade lady in the swamp, the greatsword dude in front of that colloseum chariot boss thing, the weird pyro monk dude in the graveyard in thportrait land, etc... But they are very rare. Demons souls had a handful of phantoms in nearly every stage rather than like 1 every 4 areas.

I

Actually Dark Souls has the same amount of named NPC invading phantoms as Demon's Souls. Dark Souls has Maneater Mildred, Kirk, Leeroy, Xanthous King Jeremiah, and Marvelous Chester.

Demon's Souls has Executioner Miralda,  Scivir the wanderer, Lord Rydell, Satsuki, and Selen Vinland. The Black Phantom that appears after Ostrava's death actually is not Ostrava.

Dark Souls 2 actually has the most.

Nooooo. I am not talking about the named phantoms, but the un-named ones.

3 hours ago, Ghaleon said:

Nooooo. I am not talking about the named phantoms, but the un-named ones.

Thought all NPC Phantoms had names.

1 hour ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Thought all NPC Phantoms had names.

That's true for dark souls 1 and 2. but not Demon's souls, which is what my point is. I miss the far more numerous unnamed phantoms in Demon's souls. Unlike named phantoms, they didn't really have any special movesets or whatever, but were basically faster, more powerful clones of 'regular' enemies, but still significantly harder, and unlike named phantoms, they weren't always alone. However, like phantoms, they wouldn't respawn until ng+. But they basically made each new area much harder until you killed em, so even if you made minor progress in a hard area, as long as you killed one of them, you still felt like you made meaningful progress.

so after beating this game 2 and a half times, THIS GAME IS AMAZING........thought i should put that out there.  I know arget hates me for it <3

likes this

Dumb question. But if I preorder the "normal" version of the game does it come with a metal case like ds 1 and 2?

I tried researching it and I keep seeing links to special editions that cost more and shit and I cant afford thwm atm. But I wanna know if I can get a metal case by preordering a normal version.

I don't think it does... If your pre ordering it at game stop, try asking an employee. 

Hey guess what Dark Souls 3 is coming to VHS!

If for some bizarre reason you are confused. It's April Fools trailer. Kind of shows off some new stuff for us who are hiding in the dark still waiting for the release.

I hope i'm able to get my hands on a greatsword early in the game. Just love them, or a katana too.

The AWEme channel finally did it! Behold the Sword of Artorias in real life:

So some Dark Souls news is coming tomorrow:

Now it's nothing with Dark Souls 3 apparently so what could this possible be? Best guess so far is that maybe original Dark Souls is getting remastered and coming to next gen with better framerate? I would of put possible Dark Souls 3 dlc tease if they hadn't said that it doesn't involve Dark Souls 3.

8 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

Best guess so far is that maybe original Dark Souls is getting remastered and coming to next gen with better framerate? I would of put possible Dark Souls 3 dlc tease if they hadn't said that it doesn't involve Dark Souls 3.

If so, I'll be buying it in a heartbeat!!! :D

DAMN IT!

Sorry for the outburst but the big news is more of a let down. The big news is that hey they actually are going to sell Dark Souls clothing merch.... Damn it Fromsoft UK for getting hopes for something amazing. I mean sure it means now I don't have to search the entire internet for one person to make a product like that then but really? That isn't freaking big news, cool perhaps for those who like merch like that but damn it not BIG news that you should be trying to hype or something.

likes this

don't worry arget, just 3 more days!

That list is getting longer with only one name.

So that prestiege statue? You can get in America now. However only through Gamestop online:

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/dark-souls-iii-prestige-edition-lord-of-cinder-statue-only-at-gamestop/129838

Don't care anyone says but I got it. Now off to sell my kidney to recoop my losses and sell pokemon cards out on the street.

Cool. Wish it was available from the start. The figurines usually can be bought by them selves later on. Maybe I'll get it then.

400!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!!? damn....

Here's something to watch for those waiting to play DS3 -

April's Community Challenge "Will You Die?" will be covered in Dark Souls 3, challenging you to obtain in-game achievements.

Details of the Community Challenge can be read by CLICKING HERE!

likes this

I watched a livestream of it last night and it seems like Dark Souls 2 with a few different tweaks here and there.