• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Dark Souls III

255 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

I watched a livestream of it last night and it seems like Dark Souls 2 with a few different tweaks here and there.

Out of all the Souls games Dark Souls 2 is the least it connects too, hell it even slightly connects more to Bloodborne then Dark Souls 2.

I'm not a DS fan so my views aren't biased, but looking at the game from a normal viewpoint, I think it's really good. I didn't play DS2, but I did play DS1 and I think DS3 is a mix of Bloodborne and DS1 in some weird way and I actually really like it.

Most of the slack for this game actually comes from DS fans alone. I can understand them but come on, it's a good fucking game. It doens't have to be the SAME as DS1, what kind of a sequel would it be then? Might as well just remaster DS1 and put DS3 title over it.

5 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

I'm not a DS fan so my views aren't biased, but looking at the game from a normal viewpoint, I think it's really good. I didn't play DS2, but I did play DS1 and I think DS3 is a mix of Bloodborne and DS1 in some weird way and I actually really like it.

Most of the slack for this game actually comes from DS fans alone. I can understand them but come on, it's a good fucking game. It doens't have to be the SAME as DS1, what kind of a sequel would it be then? Might as well just remaster DS1 and put DS3 title over it.

Don't say that... You will get them riled up. But seriously, I think DS3 is the best in the series. It has the faster-paced Bloodborne combat (without the Rally Potential which I think made the game too easy). And, it also has the weapon and armor variety of Souls games, while still streamlining the way Defense is calculated (Bloodborne-ish). Not to mention, it is the best looking out of all the Souls games (except dat framerate).

Apex Spartan likes this

1 hour ago, jdredd97 said:

Not to mention, it is the best looking out of all the Souls games (except dat framerate).

Yeah I get some MASSIVE framterate loss when I move from time to time and it sometimes happens in midfights which got me killed or got me really low several times. It was frustrating!

jdredd97 likes this

I haven't had to much trouble with the frame rate. If a bunch of enemies come together then it starts taking a hit but haven't had any during boss fights which is nice.

One thing I'm happy so far about is that all the bosses are unique which is something we haven't seen since Demon's Souls (Talking about Souls series so I'm excluding Bloodborne for the moment). Only one boss repeats itself in the game and even then the second time you fight it, it is a different fight.

Apex Spartan likes this

Well having fought every boss (optional and non optional) in the game, I'm curious who is your favorite and least favorite. Of course I say put the name in spoilers for now since people are no doubt still going through the game themselves and don't want to know to much of bosses they might of not seen yet:

FAVORITE

King of Storms/Nameless King: Oh where to begin. I mean this boss comes in riding a dragon, a freaking dragon like a badass from the sky as you enter the arena. The fight is in two phases, first you have to fight the King of Storms or in other words the dragon that the Nameless King is on top of. The fight isn't to challenging for the most part though the only place the dragon takes damage is its head so no hiding under the legs. It's best to stay close to medium range getting a hit in or two when you can and backing up when you notice it attack. Not to hard to do. Once it is killed the Nameless King will be on the ground and will fight you and this is where things get challenging due to his speed and how hard he hits. Best to have a shield that blocks electricity as well. It's an intense battle that puts you to the test but the arena, the design, and the music, is just awesome.

Another reason I LOVE this fight is because of the lore implications of the Soul universe it has. A question we have had since the original Dark Souls is finally answered: What happened to Lord Gywn's first born? That's right the Nameless King is Gywn's first born child that was exiled because he sided with the dragons at some point during the war between the Lords and Dragons. It really makes perfect sense, what could of made Gywn banish his own son? Siding with the enemy of course choosing to reject the lords and fight amongst dragons that he had once killed. It's just awesome to finally see an answer for it in such a great fight. Then the fact we find Ornstien's armour after the fight stating in description that he had gone to hunt down Gywn's first born and obviously did not succeed (though this begs the question is the Ornstien we fought in the first game the REAL Ornstien or just a copy made by Gywndolin to trick us?).

LEAST FAVORITE

Pontiff Sulyvahn: Thing Lady Maria and Darklurker had a child and this is the boss we get a fast hard hitting boss that will split into two part way through the fight. If you play a heavy type of character then you better have a teammate and a good shield because this boss will destroy you. This boss gave me the second most trouble in the game. I like the design but the fight oh vey drove me up a wall but lets move on to number one.

Dancer of the Boreal Valley: Yes the boss from the beta, I'm not sure what happened here. In the beta had no trouble with it but now it's like it got jacked with steriods. Again if you choose to be a heavy build have another with you for distraction. For the most part the first half isn't so bad, watch out for her grab mostly and stay close to her and circle, she has a tendency to miss you then. It's when she brings out the second sword does things begin to get challenging. She can hit hard and have insane combos that if she stuns you you pretty much or SOL. After the fight I realise why lore wise I might hate both bosses. For both bosses are actually connected in lore with the dancer being exhiled by Pontiff Sulyvahn from the Boreal Valley.

I really like the Abyss Watchers, tho imo they were super easy. I fucking hated the giant skeleton tho when his skull appears out of the dark. It gave me nightmares and the music was creepy as hell.

Speaking of Souls in the "Dark Souls", I just died and lost 125 thousand fucking souls in the most ridicilous way. I died to a curse, but I didn't pay attention the to it, I forgot to use the item that removes it cauze I was too busy dodging the giant spider monster. It was around 1AM so I was kinda tired lol and wasn't super focused. I'm so sad right now...

I haven't played the Souls games before but have been swept up in the hype for DS3 so bought it this weekend. I liked it for the reasons most talk about. Overcoming the challenges, exploring and the beauty of the world.

My problems with it are the difficulty has issues when the physics don't work as you'd expect. I've encountered hit box issues (been hit when they missed), attacked through walls and stone pillars (even though my weapon is blocked by them) and my character not attacking or rolling when commanded in a fight (I have become quite good at keeping an eye on my stamina gauge so know that isn't the problem).

Falling to a boss in this type of game doesn't frustrate me as much as other games because I know it's the challenge, I have to learn it's patterns and come back prepared. But at the same time when you have spent so much time practising / exploring and repeating the same area over and over again to have to try again because of faults in the game really pisses me off more than any other game would normally.

But for some reason I am torn between trading it in and keep trying. Something about me not wanting to admit defeat I suppose. :P

2 minutes ago, HeroEightyTwo said:

My problems with it are the difficulty has issues when the physics don't work as you'd expect. I've encountered hit box issues (been hit when they missed), attacked through walls and stone pillars (even though my weapon is blocked by them) and my character not attacking or rolling when commanded in a fight (I have become quite good at keeping an eye on my stamina gauge so know that isn't the problem).

Yeah I hate this too and I really hate it when someone says that it's part of the challange or part of the game. Bugs and glitches aren't part of the game. When a player himself is using a bug or a glitch to kill something or pass (generally in all games) it's considered cheating. Same thing for enemies, if they can hit you through walls, it's not cheating since it's an NPC but it's just either a bug or a bad design they didn't pay attention to.

Like yesterday I was fighting one of the crystal monsters and it spit the ice fog at me and I hid behind a wall and it just passed through it and damaged me for like 40% HP

However I've experienced this in DS1 and now DS3 and I kinda doubt it will be fixed lol

HeroEightyTwo likes this

15 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

Yeah I hate this too and I really hate it when someone says that it's part of the challange or part of the game. Bugs and glitches aren't part of the game. When a player himself is using a bug or a glitch to kill something or pass (generally in all games) it's considered cheating. Same thing for enemies, if they can hit you through walls, it's not cheating since it's an NPC but it's just either a bug or a bad design they didn't pay attention to.

Like yesterday I was fighting one of the crystal monsters and it spit the ice fog at me and I hid behind a wall and it just passed through it and damaged me for like 40% HP

However I've experienced this in DS1 and now DS3 and I kinda doubt it will be fixed lol

I still shout "CHEAT" at the screen :P

- if you've never played DS before, this is a good start:

it's the start friendliest and least frustrating DS so far (could say the most "casual/mainstream" DS, well beatable without any guide.... imo unlike DS1/DS2, unless you've got tones of free-time and strong nerves;.. but DS3 is still NOT an easy game, just almost closer to "Lord of the Fallen" than too DS1/DS2)

- Joe should really review this game!.. it's time he did a full vid review of a DS game, and DS3 might be the last DS (would like to hear his thought and love to see his review vid on a DS game)..

and it shouldn't be too frustrating to finish too (aside from a few bosses, but even those are not crazy hard, when leveling up a bit.. and soul farming is easier than ever in DS3).., just hope Joe with have patience to adapt to the camera/lock on system (it can feel a bit flimsy at first)

EDIT: I recommend playing the first few hours offline (when hooked to the net, you get these messages on the ground, even if you dont read them, they can spoil/warn you, just by being there...., better enjoy at least the first 1/3 without them)

- btw. need a sould farm spot? 5k in 1-2 min (maybe less)? "Keep Ruins" bonfire:

at the bridge (with the 3 creatures/beings on it, 2 fighter and 1 magic user) right infront/behind the bonfire, ...looking on the right of the bridge, a bit further away near the wall, there are 3 giant swap beings,.. lure each one at at time with an arrow, let it get close while staying on the corner of the bridge and use ranged attacks to take it down (recommend magic).., taking down the 3 on the bridge and then the other 3 giants, you get 5k souls, doing it fast can be done in like 1-2min or less

So I know DLC isn't coming until the fall but I'm curious what do people want to see from the DLC? Here is just a few of my things:

-The third child Ocellote. Yes indeed Lothric and Lorian had a younger brother Ocellote. Of course we find the Consumed King believing that Ocellote is still with him but as the player we can clearly see that there is no child there so what happened to the third child. We do have evidence that the child is real from the Divine Blessing stating that the Queen of Lothric disappeared shortly upon Ocellote's birth. Perhaps by the king's doing? Perhaps the child was born part dragon and she saw it as an abomination?

-A true dragon fight. Okay so yes we fight some dragons, the wyvern though it is a more gimmicky fight (A fun one I might add, I enjoy it) since it is a one shot kill boss if you go and drop stab it in the head. Then the King of the Storm dragon though he is relatively simply and is just icing of the cake for the Nameless King fight. We can count the consumed king as well I guess but he isn't all that hard really I found and technically was once human. I want a Kalammeet, Sinh, or heck even a Seath a dragon boss that puts up a challenge. WE NEED MORE DRAGONS!

-The return of the twin blade weapons. Twin blades were unique in Dark Souls 2 and I thought they were interesting though unfortunately damage wise were relatively not that great. I was slightly disappointed we did not see them return in this game.

-Marvelous Chester. If memory serves correctly Marvelous Chester was suggested to actually be in the Souls future and was taking to Oolacile similar to how the player was after finding part of the same amulet you found. So it could technically be possible to see Marvelous Chester still around perhaps.

likes this

Got the Yhorm the Giant Statue today in the mail. I now understand the price. Umbasa it's big, nearly stands twice as high then the Dark Souls 2 collector's statue probably the second tallest statue I own now and it's pretty epic looking, more so after playing the game and seeing the lore, I mean sure the fight isn't tough but the bond that seemingly Siegward and him share suggests they are good old friends especially considering the description of the Stormbringer sword, which says one was given to an old friend and low and behold Siegward carries one.

So yeah the price was a lot but worth it especially with the details in it.

Just noticed, why are there three Host of Embers in this picture? Shouldn't two of them be Phantoms?

On 4/23/2016 at 3:04 PM, argetlam350 said:

tumblr_o62bw0FBC81qep3h6o1_1280.jpg

the human ring does that.  also, if you wear the phantom ring as a host it says you are a phantom.

43 minutes ago, killer190 said:

the human ring does that.  also, if you wear the phantom ring as a host it says you are a phantom.

Ahh, okidoke, thanks. Those are from Yuria right?

Words can not describe the badassery that I just witnessed.

God dayum, I wish I can parry like that.

So one of the big things that is fasicnating about this game is trying to figure out how the Royal Family all connects. There is a lot of speculation on it and there seems to be a lot more to the family then the king, queen, and their two sons. There potentially also three or four daughters as well.

The Consumed King Oceiros

The Queen of Lothric (heavy speculation has led many to believe that the queen was actually Gwynevere, biggest key evidence is Divine Blessing description when you compare Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 description of it. Another idea for the queen is that she is one of either a daughter of Gwyndolin or Gwynevere daughters.)

Sons:

Lorian, Elder Prince

Lothric, Younger Prince

Ocelotte, Child of Dragons? (Something similar to Shanolotte? Contrived by men, born from dragons? Or an experiment after birth due to the king's madness?)

Daughters:

Gertrude the Heavenly Daughter

Rosaria (Either a daughter, or also another contender for being the Queen of Lothric, or a mistress of Oceiros)

The Third Daughter Liliane, founder of the Sable Church

The Dancer of the Boreal Valley (Due to Soul description, though potentially it also means she is a cousin. However we know she has connection to the royal family)

Other interesting lore stuff is about Yorksha herself. She talks about Gywn as him being her father, at rank one she calls Gywndolin brother, and even sounds like she has seen him on some occasions, though not recently unfortunately since she questions where he has gone so safe to assume she has no clue on Aldritch consuming him. But back to the point, it seems she is a child of Gywn. Did Gywn cheat on the Queen? Is she related to Priscilla? Adopted and raised perhaps by Gywn's family? So many questions.

God damn I love the speculation for these games.

likes this

One thing that really interests is the Nameless King. Could he be Gwyn's actual firstborn? I know that majority of fans speculate Solaire being Gwyn's firstborn, but Nameless King fits the bill. Firstly; We know that the firstborn sided with the dragons against his father's will, and because of this, Gwyn removed his firstborns name from history, thus being "Nameless". This theory falls in line with the sould description - (highlight to see description) "The Nameless King was once a dragon-slaying god of war, before he sacrificed everything to ally himself with the ancient dragons ". Lastly; Being his moveset (which is very reminiscent of both Gwyn and Orenstein), his look (being similar in appearance, height, and build) and that he uses lightning. I could be wrong about this, but it just seems to fit perfectly in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

One thing that really interests is the Nameless King. Could he be Gwyn's actual firstborn? I know that majority of fans speculate Solaire being Gwyn's firstborn, but Nameless King fits the bill. Firstly; We know that the firstborn sided with the dragons against his father's will, and because of this, Gwyn removed his firstborns name from history, thus being "Nameless". This theory falls in line with the sould description - (highlight to see description) "The Nameless King was once a dragon-slaying god of war, before he sacrificed everything to ally himself with the ancient dragons ". Lastly; Being his moveset (which is very reminiscent of both Gwyn and Orenstein), his look (being similar in appearance, height, and build) and that he uses lightning. I could be wrong about this, but it just seems to fit perfectly in my opinion.

It's actually been pretty much accepted that the Nameless King is the Firstborn of Gywn or the war god Faraam who through other item descriptions in the game might of been the Firstborn's second in command. Primarily though he is accepted to be Gywn's missing son. The actual theory about Solaire has been dismissed for quite some time actually for most the community.

likes this

I believe that I just found a glitch in the PC version. I remember picking up Atonement (and have the footage to prove it) from that one corpse in Farron Keep near the Hollow Gem (which I didn't even check if I still have it now that I think about it). But when I look at the spells that I have, atonement isn't there at all. I go back to where it's supposed to be, and it isn't there.