• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

Mighty No. 9 Delayed To Q1 2016

9 posts in this topic

Link

Now that the Red Ash Kickstarters have ended, it looks like they can admit that Mighty No. 9 has been delayed again. This is after they denied rumors about the delay a few days ago.

all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state. However, there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features that are included in the game

I'm sure the online features are what everyone cared about in a Mega Man style game.

Twitter_PG_kamiya_He_s_a_business_man_No

If he's a business man he doesn't appear to be a very good one, at least not when it comes to dealing with people outside of whatever companies he's used to dealing with.

I'd rather be able to enjoy the full game when it launches than have it delivered piece by piece, patch but patch.

This is after they denied rumors about the delay a few days ago.

But that's not cool, your better being honest and getting all the facts before making announcements like that.

Laserrifle125 likes this

*Angry sigh of disappointment.*

And this is another reason the MN9 project has been fishy and untrustworthy from the beginning. First they had that community manager who knew nothing of classic Megaman games, now this. Does anybody else smell the BS coming from this?

Mexiguy likes this

First they had that community manager who knew nothing of classic Megaman games

That really doesn't effect their development or the companies poor handling of their Kickstarters.

That really doesn't effect their development or the companies poor handling of their Kickstarters.

But speaks a lot of how much they care about the end product

I'm somewhat glad I pulled my pledge for Red Ash hours before the deadline now. Let's see how Mighty No. 9 does next year.

But speaks a lot of how much they care about the end product

It really doesn't, at all. Even if everyone on the team loved Mega Man, and it's quite possible that not everyone on the actual design team had played any or all the Mega Man games or they might not have liked them all if they did (not liking ones like X6 would probably be a very good thing), that doesn't guarantee that the game will be good. Not having knowledge of a previous series could have even helped the development. Improvements could be made to the design, problems can be found from someone with a different perspective, artists can create a style unique and better suited to a game if they aren't trying to or accidentally making things similar to past games. Everyone who works at the company loving Mega Man does nothing to guarantee a better game or even one that is equal to the old ones, it would be more likely that they would make one with all the problems of recent games and no real improvements.

Although a community managers job isn't to work on the game itself so none of that really applies. Even going through some of the comments on the Red Ash Kickstarter people who were active on their forums said once all the weird harassment and TOS breaking posts stopped they started doing a lot of enjoyable activities and that the forums were run well, which is really a community managers only job, if they aren't also attempting to handle marketing or things outside of the current community. If the AJSA was a Japanese company with an American and Japanese community and we found someone who could manage the community, speak both languages as well as others, and answer publicly available questions regarding the AJSA, we would probably want that person to work with us. If they knew nothing about Angry Joe and couldn't get personally involved in discussions about him that really wouldn't be a point against them.

*Sigh*

While I didn't care about Red Ash, Mighty No.9, I actually had faith in, but their fishy tactics, riding on nostalgia alone and their initial denial of a delay...I just don't care anymore, I don't have the ability to. But, at least they're making something in at least some honour of Megaman while Capcom does nothing of the sort.