• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Quinnsdaddy11

Don't give Activision and Bungie anymore of your money

51 posts in this topic

Destiny gave you 28 missions which takes 6 hours to complete

The Dark Below gave you 8 more missions which takes another 2 hours to complete 

House of Wolves gave you 9 more missions which takes another 3 hours to finish

In total you got 45 missions which take 11 hours to complete for $90

Now Activision and Bungie want and additional $40 for The Taken King.

In total you are giving Activision and Bungie $130 for a game that is not complete, that lacks not only content but a competent story.

Please do not give them your money

Here are a few better uses of your money that are coming up:

Until Dawn
Aug 25 2015

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Sept 1st 2015

Mad Max
Sept 1st 2015

Guitar Hero Live
Oct 20th 2015

Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Nov 6th 2015

Fallout 4
Nov 10th 2015

No Man's Sky
TBA

Star Wars Battlefront
Nov 20th 2015

rairoken16 likes this

Your words will fall on Deaf Ears...as people will continue to purchase their products. Kinda like how people knew, they knew Fantastic 4 would suck, but went to see it regardless and got a bad Movie out of it.

Also, I'm tempted to not buy Phantom Pain because of Konami's actions recently, especially with Kojima. I don't want Konami to have my money.

baronrouker likes this

The $40 demo still had more content than the $30 Expansion Pass

GLXLynx likes this

Well, you can argue that Destiny doesn't have enough missions, sure. But you have to realize it's sort of an MMO, meaning the main content is in Raiding and End-Game PvP. Besides that, Destiny also has the Grinding MMO Model, so unless you're maxed with all the reps you are far from finished. 

I haven't even completed more than 6 missions and I already have 12hrs into Destiny, mainly because I've been pvping. It's a FPS, I play them to kill other players, even though the servers for it appear to be utter garbage.

And if you're arguing there are better uses for your money, well then... Buy a bunch of OLD games that are around 5-10$ each.

They're for the most part harder, much longer, with better gameplay. I would personally recommend people to go buy every Castlevania game, at least the ones that aren't the 3d ones. (Castlevania excels at Platformers, not action games.)

Or hell, Go get Super Meteroid. 

Chances are most are better then the average game that we get that aren't from Bethesda/Blizzard/Bioware etc.

----

Edit:

Also, just so you know. I'm not trying to fanboy or anything, but it seems like you didn't know what the game was when you bought it. 

But after you played Vanilla, and noticed there were a shortage of missions, why did you throw your money at Bungie for the expansions when you KNEW it would be no different?

I'm use to MMOs, especially grindy ones. You're talking to someone that is very high leveled in Runescape. (Just leveling Agility to Max in this game takes like 200hrs of running circles around an acrobat course.) And someone who has also logged like 4k+ hours into World of Warcraft, along with a bunch of other mmos. 

Frankly, when it comes to MMOs, Destiny is a refreshing change simply because it's a FPS. Like Wildstar was when I first started playing it; it was fun to get away from the button mashing tab-targeting cliché of MMOs.

This next part is the part you will neglect:

However, I DO Agree with you. Bungie should catch shit for the shortage of Missions. It's like WoW:WoD and Tanaan Jungle. A huge zone, with very little true questing that you go to and grind out a bunch of shit. Reps/Items/Toys/etc.

Edited by WeLiVeR

Destiny wasn't sold for its Cruicble gameplay first and its short grindy story mode second.  It was billed as a massively expensive giant game, made by Bungie.  What we got was far from what they originally promised.

Watch this trailer from over 2 yrs ago, and show me where it explains we would have a fragmented almost non-exsistant story.  That we would hardly get to travel our known galaxy or that the main story would be over in a handful of missions.

Destiny wasn't sold for its Cruicble gameplay first and its short grindy story mode second.  It was billed as a massively expensive giant game, made by Bungie.  What we got was far from what they originally promised.

What it was marketed as is absolutely Irrelevent. Especially since that's a 2 year old E3 trailer. Anyone with any sort of knowledge will likely watch all sorts of reviews or anything when they go to buy a game that they haven't really gotten any knowledge on. Remember Watchdogs E3 graphical footage? Now look up a picture of the actual game. Yeah?

I don't care that it's not a massively expansive game, I enjoy it in the same way I enjoy ALL First-Person Shooters. I imagine the only people that still play it are one in the same. Though, It having character progression and RPG elements is the Icing on the Cake, which makes me like it compared to a lot of other games.

It does matter how games are marketed and then eventually given to us.  If we keep giving them our money they will keep taking advantage of us.  I was sold on a sprawling story and fun multiplayer to boot.  What I got was a very short campaign, a shit ton of grinding and a good PVP

WeLiVeR likes this

It does matter how games are marketed and then eventually given to us.  If we keep giving them our money they will keep taking advantage of us.  I was sold on a sprawling story and fun multiplayer to boot.  What I got was a very short campaign, a shit ton of grinding and a good PVP.

At least it excels at one thing, a lot of games market and then cut content down to the point where it's just unplayable. I can't say rather or not it has a short/average campaign simply because I haven't really played THAT many FPSes, aside from CoD. And if memory serves, 11 hrs is longer than recent CoD campaigns.

You never did answer why you threw more money at Bungie for the expansions, when surely you knew it'd be the same.

The $40 demo still had more content than the $30 Expansion Pass

*Rewatches Joe's review of Ground Zeros and weighs it against his own experiences with the Expansion Pass*

Nope. Don't believe that for a second.

@WeLiVeR: He keeps calling it a $30 expansion pass.

Dark Below and House of Wolves and $20 each.

The expansion pass is $35.

The only way he paid $30 for it is if he bought the $90 version out the gate.

My assumption is that he's mad because he threw money at Activison/Bungie for content, sight unseen, and got screwed.

But I bought the $90 version myself, so I can't claim to be any smarter.

Here are a few better uses of your money that are coming up:

Until Dawn
Aug 25 2015

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Sept 1st 2015

Mad Max
Sept 1st 2015

Fallout 4
Nov 10th 2015

No Man's Sky
TBA

Here's some other ones:

Act of aggression

Sept 2015

Xcom 2

Nov 2015

Just cause 3

Dec 1st 2015

Here's some other ones:

Act of aggression

Sept 2015

Xcom 2

Nov 2015

Just cause 3

Dec 1st 2015

If we're adding to the list then:

Dark Souls 3

Early 2016

World of Warcraft: Legion

Early 2016

t after you played Vanilla, and noticed there were a shortage of missions, why did you throw your money at Bungie for the expansions when you KNEW it would be no different?

I pre-ordered Destiny shortly after it became available on the Playstation Store.  Played the beta and loved it, thinking it was a small piece of a much larger game (again due to advertisements) so I pre-ordered the expansion passes too.  I love MMOs, and Shooters so I thought this was a game I was going to lose myself in but when I got the full game and released the beta was all of the Earth missions I almost lost my shit.  I think the Playstation Store needs to have a Steam like refund policy because believe me I had many communications where I tried to refund at least the expansion pass but they wouldn't.  I type this while I take a break from playing Elder Scroll Online lol.

*Rewatches Joe's review of Ground Zeros and weighs it against his own experiences with the Expansion Pass*

Nope. Don't believe that for a second.

@WeLiVeR: He keeps calling it a $30 expansion pass.

Dark Below and House of Wolves and $20 each.

The expansion pass is $35.

The only way he paid $30 for it is if he bought the $90 version out the gate.

My assumption is that he's mad because he threw money at Activison/Bungie for content, sight unseen, and got screwed.

But I bought the $90 version myself, so I can't claim to be any smarter.

I did buy the $90 version sight unseen.  Bungie has never proven to be conartists in the past and in fact even when a little light on content (Halo 3) they still made a worth while game.  I believe this has more to do with Activision then anyone, but still if we allow them to get away with charging $130 or more for a game that garbage and lacking content other shitty companies will do the same.

Laserrifle125 likes this

I did buy the $90 version sight unseen.  Bungie has never proven to be conartists in the past and in fact even when a little light on content (Halo 3) they still made a worth while game.  I believe this has more to do with Activision then anyone, but still if we allow them to get away with charging $130 or more for a game that garbage and lacking content other shitty companies will do the same.

You can't call the game garbage for being short on content. The gameplay and general mechanics of the game are great. 

But yes Activision is more than likely to blame.

You can't call the game garbage for being short on content. The gameplay and general mechanics of the game are great. 

But yes Activision is more than likely to blame.

Just because a car has good handling, but its missing its doors, trunk, and hood doesn't mean its a great car.  I will applaud Destiny's overall mechanics but this game should have been free to play only charging for the DLC.  Or a $20 arcade title which later charged for its DLC.  But for it to charge a full $60 and not have anywhere near $60 worth of content is criminal and they are not the first ones to do this.  But if Joe has taught us anything is we need to start standing up to shady practices otherwise the gaming companies will never change.

Laserrifle125 likes this

Just because a car has good handling, but its missing its doors, trunk, and hood doesn't mean its a great car.  I will applaud Destiny's overall mechanics but this game should have been free to play only charging for the DLC.  Or a $20 arcade title which later charged for its DLC.  But for it to charge a full $60 and not have anywhere near $60 worth of content is criminal and they are not the first ones to do this.  But if Joe has taught us anything is we need to start standing up to shady practices otherwise the gaming companies will never change.

That first part is one hell of a stretch.

But keep repeating yourself, I haven't disagreed with your original point. I agree that it is a criminal and shady practice, and that it needs to stop.

Let me refer you to my first post:

This next part is the part you will neglect:

However, I DO Agree with you. Bungie should catch shit for the shortage of Missions. It's like WoW:WoD and Tanaan Jungle. A huge zone, with very little true questing that you go to and grind out a bunch of shit. Reps/Items/Toys/etc.

I understand you agree with me then why are you trying to defend it or lessen the insulting nature of the whole practice by trying to compare it to other MMOs?  The point of my original post is trying to rally some support from those on the fence to not purchase the Taking King and to move on to much better games that are coming out.

I understand you agree with me then why are you trying to defend it or lessen the insulting nature of the whole practice by trying to compare it to other MMOs?  The point of my original post is trying to rally some support from those on the fence to not purchase the Taking King and to move on to much better games that are coming out.

Because you are making it out to be the Anti-Christ of Gaming, which it's not. I'm not saying it's a GLORIOUS game and that everyone should run out and buy it -right now- Unless of course you just plan to do nothing but Crucible. I'd recommend it to PvPers that like FPSes. But really for people just PvPing you only need the vanilla game, unless you want those 2 extra map modes. And the Vanilla game costs like $20.

Edited by WeLiVeR

Destiny had a huge budget, and a great studio making it.  That is why what we got was one of the most insulting things in gaming history.

I would recommend it after playing many other games, come back to it when the "Game of the Year" version comes has been out for a while, and is only $20. 

I would recommend it after playing many other games, come back to it when the "Game of the Year" version comes has been out for a while, and is only $20. 

I'm content with this because that's almost where it is, excluding the expansions. 

I'm out though, Cheers~!

FFS, another thread where people try to come off as smart wisened consumers while at the same time comitting the oldest game consumer mistake in the book: flat out ASSUMING that a game which isnt even beta status yet will be good.

I expect fallout 4 will be satisfying for fallout 3 fans but you cant be sure, and considering how lityle fallout 3 caters to previous fallout fans, and how god awful ESO is, common sense would say people shouldnt assume the best for it.

Thats just one example too.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

FFS, another thread where people try to come off as smart wisened consumers while at the same time comitting the oldest game consumer mistake in the book: flat out ASSUMING that a game which isnt even beta status yet will be good.

I have never played a beta that was a huge portion of the game I was about to buy.  I was blown away, and the beta made me think that if the levels I was playing was just a small taste of the overall game I am in for a deep huge game.  I was tricked