• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ell

Views on Cartoons

17 posts in this topic

So, being born in 2001 i experienced a few 90s cartoon before seeing them gone from Cartoon Network, after those, i also experienced the old Cartoon Network era of cartoons, and those were great, as the year passes, those cartoons began to disappear from Cartoon Network. And now begins the new era of cartoons. And wow, Cartoon Network today sucks, there's only 3 good shows that appeal to me, Steven Universe, Adventure Time and Clarence (probably Regular Show, but eh). 

And now, i'm seeing new cartoons in Cartoon Network, like Oggy and the Cockroaches which sucks bad and trying to be like Tom and Jerry, and a few weird bad 3D rendered cartoons and some cartoons today are only made for merchandising their toys and other merchandise. Anyway, what's your opinion on the cartoons of today? For me, some cartoons (who are mostly adult-centered) are great, like Rick and Morty, Archer, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and Bob's Burgers, those cartoons are great and their sole purpose is to make people laugh, cry, sad, excited and many more emotions, and mostly let the viewer enjoy the show. 

I think the last good cartoon I watched was Avatar. When I was a kid I watched mostly PBS cartoons because DirecTV sucks, and when we did get service I saw FMA, Inuyasha, Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, all those classics. Nowadays when I see the NC looking at new cartoons I'm like "eeeeh, 't's alright."

I havent watched any new cartoons so I wouldn't know, but spongebob was my jam when I was a kid. That and DBZ. Ran home uphill from school to make sure I didn't miss that. Grim and Evil/Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was pretty cool too.

and Mr. Molotov like this

Honestly there is still good cartoons being made. Like Alexander said "enjoy what you enjoy". I just have to add don't be a dick about you don't enjoy because everybody has their own opinions about stuff.

Alexander452 likes this

Actually I think there are some great shows around at the moment that have really started to push what a kids cartoon show can be, Avatar and Legend of Korrah have been mentioned but recently I have been watching stuff like Steven Universe, Adventure Time the new TMNT and transforers series and Gravity Falls (which is in my opinion probably the best animated show I have seen since Futurama seriously that good).

Well I think cartoon didnt really change there was some good stuff back then and there is still some now. Thing come and go. (Plus there was crap back then just we fogot about those because of the magical thing called nostalgia)

Mr. Molotov likes this

I havent watched cartoons in forever, its been a really long time. Unless you count the occasional anime, like right now im watching Dragon Ball Super as it comes. As a kid I watched Dragon Ball and as an adult I wait for DB Super, puts a smile in my face. And wait, I watched SW Clone Wars when it was put in netflix and Rebels later. Other than that not really a cartoon guy myself. 

When it comes to TV I was a late 80s early 90s kid. I tried watching an episode of Adventure Time once and thought its animation was horribly lazy, the story only made sense if you were on Ritalin and it was just overall a terrible experience. But I was raised on Rocky and Bulwinkle, classic Looney Tunes, Johny Quest (classic and New Adventures), Animaniacs and Batman: The Animated Series.

As per the 3D cartoons, I was raised on the very first: ReBoot! Honestly its very corny and poorly animated now, but back then...it's what inspired me to go to school for computer animation.

We're all a product of our eras. In another ten years you'll be looking at cartoons and thinking "boy 2010 was better than this crap." :D

Cartoons are awesome. Most of my favorite shows are cartoons, and my #1 favorite is Rick and Morty. Some cartoons have seriously declined in quality (like the Simpsons, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and especially Family Guy) but for those three turds we get awesome shit like Rick and Morty, Archer, Adventure Time, The Regular Show, American Dad, Bobs Burgers... the list goes on and on. Once again, cartoons are awesome.

I havent watched any new cartoons so I wouldn't know, but spongebob was my jam when I was a kid. That and DBZ. Ran home uphill from school to make sure I didn't miss that. Grim and Evil/Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was pretty cool too.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was friggin rad. So was Spongebob, which while it has declined still comes out with good stuff every once in a while.

Enjoy what you enjoy, don't enjoy what you don't enjoy

That's deep.

Honestly there is still good cartoons being made. Like Alexander said "enjoy what you enjoy". I just have to add don't be a dick about you don't enjoy because everybody has their own opinions about stuff.

Yeah, i'm not trying to be a dick about people's opinions on about the cartoons they watched. 

Alexander452 likes this

I was never a fan of 80s cartoons other than The Simpsons and I probably would have liked The Real Ghostbusters before they forced changes and made it terrible, in the 90s-early 2000s I pretty much only liked Batman, Hey Arnold, Spongebob, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Futurama, Tiny Toon Adventures, South Park, and Animaniacs. Mostly I just watched Babylon 5, Farscape, X-Files, and Stargate though. I pretty much stopped watching TV completely when I was about 12-13 in 2003. I heard cartoons had gotten worse, but there seems to be about as many that I hear really good things about as there were in the 90s, the main difference seems to be that they might not be on for as many years but the good ones seem to get replaced by other good ones.

Being born in 87' i grow up on the 90's and i most say i was a great time to be a child. 
You had still the best things from the 80's like Transformers, Count Duckula, Danger Mouse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man, Thundercats, Dino-Riders. I also enjoyed biker mice from mars and gargoyles as a kid.

Cartoon Network had their golden years with shows like Courage the cowardly dog, Dexters Lab, Johhny Bravo,I am Weasel, Cow and Chicken, Ed, Edd N Eddy. and then you had outer great stuff like Angry Beavers and of course old warner bros and disney cartoons. Doesn't matter how old you are, looney tunes are always worth watching in my opinion.
And you had great disney cartoon series like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Tale spinn and so on.
Pinky and the brain also was complete and utter brilliant.

But the absolute best thing from my childhood is Batman The Animated Series, it got me straight into comics.
Sure there are some other good series like superman animated series, justice league, spider man and X-men.
But Batman was without the best thing that was made during the 90s, Batman TAS and Mask of the Phantasm.

As a adult i still watch cartoons, Samurai Jack is a favorite. Watch some anime but mostly things from the 80s & 90s.
Two of my favorites movies are animated, Heavy Metal and Transformers the movie. Like Ralph Bakshis movies to.
Been a fan of Adult Swim for a couple of years, series like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies, The brakk Show, Space Ghost, Rick and morty are hilarious. Can't i say i am update with modern shows anymore because it think it became worse and worse.
I like the regular show, but i am probably more a nostalgic anyway.

Being born in 87' i grow up on the 90's and i most say i was a great time to be a child.

You had still the best things from the 80's like Transformers, Count Duckula, Danger Mouse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man, Thundercats, Dino-Riders. I also enjoyed biker mice from mars and gargoyles as a kid.

Cartoon Network had their golden years with shows like Courage the cowardly dog, Dexters Lab, Johhny Bravo,I am Weasel, Cow and Chicken, Ed, Edd N Eddy. and then you had outer great stuff like Angry Beavers and of course old warner bros and disney cartoons. Doesn't matter how old you are, looney tunes are always worth watching in my opinion.

And you had great disney cartoon series like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Tale spinn and so on.

Pinky and the brain also was complete and utter brilliant.

But the absolute best thing from my childhood is Batman The Animated Series, it got me straight into comics.

Sure there are some other good series like superman animated series, justice league, spider man and X-men.

But Batman was without the best thing that was made during the 90s, Batman TAS and Mask of the Phantasm.

As a adult i still watch cartoons, Samurai Jack is a favorite. Watch some anime but mostly things from the 80s & 90s.

Two of my favorites movies are animated, Heavy Metal and Transformers the movie. Like Ralph Bakshis movies to.

Been a fan of Adult Swim for a couple of years, series like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies, The brakk Show, Space Ghost, Rick and morty are hilarious. Can't i say i am update with modern shows anymore because it think it became worse and worse.

I like the regular show, but i am probably more a nostalgic anyway.

Adult Swim has always been awesome. Aqua Teen Hunger Force used to be my favorite cartoon along with Family Guy, and I still like the older episodes of each (Family Guy from 2008-2012 as well as the early stuff they did before cancellation, and Aqua Teen up to Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1). My favorite episodes for Family Guy are E. Peterbus Unum, Mr. and Mrs. Stewie, New Kidney In Town (which was co-written by Dave Willis, co-creator of ATHF) and any of the time travel ones, and my favorite Aqua Teen episodes are the Larry Miller Hair System, iAmAPod, The Cloning, Kidney Car and Super Sir Loin.

For me on cartoons or anime in general as a child I simply liked watching them. But now as a teen I gotta say most of the cartoons or anime I watch now keep me entertained not by just the show itself but as something to spark my imagination and allowing me to really get a feel for what i'm watching.