• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Aaron Lannister

ESO developers are incompetent

16 posts in this topic

The ESO developers are by far some of the worst in the Triple A industry.

There inability to actually put text chat in consoles along with damage numbers completely undermine key important factors of an MMORPG. They constantly ignore 2000+ posts on the forums concerning text chat on consoles, they're even stories circulating about how the developers original said they couldn't due to "bugs" and now they're just saying it was a design choice, it's so sad people buy into that BS.

Look at this pitiful excuse the developers had when trying to explain why they didn't add text chat on consoles

1:5:42 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N17KZ_ZCK0

They're essentially saying us Console Gamers are stupid.

Oh and they're also banning people on the forums claiming they're trolls when they're just trying to bring this matter to light

It's also quite sad when it's one of the ESO Mods abusing there powers especially when I was just asking a simple question to another user on the forums.

teJWZ20.png

I was replying to this comment

You would hope they would police that, guess what they don't.

So text chat is not going to rid you of the clowns at all.

Sad but true.

ok man what did you exatcly do to piss of ESO

ok man what did you exatcly do to piss of ESO

absolutely nothing but asking them to put Text Chat on consoles. They have absolutely started to ban and delete posts on the forums asking for Text Chat.

realy well if thats true then ESO thats complete bullcrap im sorry dude. I mean like you had to pay 60 bucks just to lose your game wow im  ashamed at bethesda man. I mean like bethesda was by fav company but then ESO came out just it having 60 bucks is bad enouph but it getting taken from you after paying 60 bucks that Admin bully. im sorry man

Aaron Lannister likes this

Well, to be fair, text chat doesn't work very well consoles, It's mostly because typing with a controller is pain in the ass. But that doesn't mean that I find banning people for making suggestions acceptable. 

In the video "we are listening to feedback"...yes and apparently you are banning negative feed back....way to go Zenimax....lol anyway, srry to hear about this man. I can understand not implementing text chat in a console based mmo because I have yet to see a console that does it well like Laser said it just doesn't work most of the time with a controller. However from what I understand both new consoles support keyboard so there is that.

What I don't get Is if they where so focused on making sure communication still worked with out the text chat, why the hell didn't they try to do this for the pc as well, sure the consoles get voice chat but us pc guys are left to fend for our selves using third party software just to communicate to each other quickly in a game that makes quick communication really important. So there realy is two sides to this coin and Zeni is crapping on bolth. All versions of the game should have both voice and Text chat options so that players can pick what suits them best for communication.

Aaron Lannister and DDAWK999 like this

Zenimax has been lost in another world since closed beta sorry to say.

Sometimes I felt during closed beta they really didn't care about feedback, bugs, or anything as long as the server was stable

Zenimax has been lost in another world since closed beta sorry to say.

Sometimes I felt during closed beta they really didn't care about feedback, bugs, or anything as long as the server was stable

They didn't, I wrote them a very specific email begging them to post pone the launch and fix the bugs because in server stress test right before launch more than half the low level content was not working. I know I wasn't the only player to do so, Zeni was hell bent on meeting the launch and ignored all the warnings and we got the Angry Review as a result and now the game is b2p when it was supposed to be sub.

Well, to be fair, text chat doesn't work very well consoles, It's mostly because typing with a controller is pain in the ass. But that doesn't mean that I find banning people for making suggestions acceptable.

You could always plug in a Keyboard into the Sony Consoles, I had a Keyboard for every Sony Console since the PS2 era, Final Fantasy XI and other games that were compatible online had Text Chat.

Every MMORPG on consoles had Text Chat and I had a KB for Every MMO I played on consoles.

I personally have never found an issue using a KB on consoles. Any or most serious MMORPG gamer would use one.

yeah i would tell zenmax that there bullcrap but then they would take MY account. Well Bethesda should not have let Zenemax take over Bethesdas eldersrolls seris and ruin it.

Well Bethesda should not have let Zenemax take over Bethesdas eldersrolls seris and ruin it.

Beth still owns the ES license, what they did is give permission for Zenimax to use it. Doesn't mean that I don't feel that ESO is a disgrace to the franchise. 

just wanted to point out this is in the wrong section of the forums it should have been posted under consoles not pc.

Robz Gamez and crazykidsbite like this

lol...

BTW: Bethesda is a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media; so is ZeniMax Online.

No idea why it doesn't have chat typing support. Most I can find is an article saying Xbox One does not support KB&M for gaming (yet). Which, since the chat is in the game, would mean you shouldn't be able to use it even if ESO did support it.

If that's the case, then I don't blame them for not putting it in. It's something that would be better served added later when the console supports it.

I don't get how Bethesda is so awesome yet ZeniMax online is so... corporate.

lol...

BTW: Bethesda is a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media; so is ZeniMax Online.

No idea why it doesn't have chat typing support. Most I can find is an article saying Xbox One does not support KB&M for gaming (yet). Which, since the chat is in the game, would mean you shouldn't be able to use it even if ESO did support it.

If that's the case, then I don't blame them for not putting it in. It's something that would be better served added later when the console supports it.

That really only excuses them from the MS platform not the Sony one.

But either way MS has patched KB support

Official-Xbox-One-Chatpad.jpg

Well, ESO is run by Corporate Commander (or would it be Corporate Cobra! :o ).

Probably had a deadline to meet and to get chat working would push the release over that deadline.

...I mean you still can't talk to NPCs while on a horse unless you're directly facing them; so this shouldn't be unsurprising. :P