• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

xRealityx

Grief System *facepalm*

8 posts in this topic

Does this incredibly flawed system piss anyone else off?

It doesn't stop a damn soul from killing team mates.

As for the grief voice...... That crap is driving me up a wall. It is absolutely unbearable and it gets stale quick. It's impossible to go five minutes without hearing it.

There's no way of this 'system' telling if it was intentional or accidental. All it does is teach team killers to wait a few minutes in between team kills and they'll avoid the weapon lock. Incidentally, a team mate could get your weapons locked easily by running over to the grenades that you throw, running into your vehicle on foot, or running in front of your line of fire -- and repeat this to lock you over and over again.

Daybreak done FUCKED UP!

Out of all the issues within planetside the grief system is completely fair, it gives you five chances and those go away after ten minutes without getting a team kill. I don't see your point. 

I really don't think anyone else has issues with the grief system if your killing a team mate on purpose it stops you, its surely better than banning someone.

Out of all the issues within planetside the grief system is completely fair, it gives you five chances and those go away after ten minutes without getting a team kill. I don't see your point. 

I really don't think anyone else has issues with the grief system if your killing a team mate on purpose it stops you, its surely better than banning someone.

How is it fair if there's no way to determine whether it's an accident or intentional TK? Not to mention, there's no system to punish the players who grief others by going out of there way to get damaged by your vehicle, gunfire or grenades. It may not be the most prominent pain in the ass on PS2, but it happens more than you'd think -- Sadly.

The system on PC is leaps and bounds ahead of the one on PS4, why? Because they removed that fucking annoying voiceover and the weapon lock.

There's no rhyme or reason to remove it from one platform and not the other.

As for stopping TKs.. It only stops them after they kill quite a few.

There will never be a way to determine unless you hire a lot of people just to spectate the entire playerbase, the best way the compensate for that is by giving you five hole chances and it goes away after a while and restarts. Yes there is a grief system for the vehicles and gunfire, it works the same way as team kills. I've been playing Planetside since the Betas so I have my fair share of problems, and yes the PC will always be ahead because it was the first to come along then the PS4. If you have an issue with players then report them and it will go down on there spreadsheet as a player and if they get enough complaints then the account will be terminated. No, the voiceover and weapons lock have not been removed and will never be because the system works it locks there weapons longer and longer after a period of time and boom their account is gone is they get weapons locked multiple times in one session, so those intentional team killers will be gone. Trust me their are way worse issues that are in planetside that could be discussed. 

You sure it wasn't removed? When I logged on like 4 days ago on PC, it said the grief system was gone and there was no voiceover for it, either. :|

well jesus.... talk about sending mixed signals. GG Daybreak.

You sure it wasn't removed? When I logged on like 4 days ago on PC, it said the grief system was gone and there was no voiceover for it, either. :|

What are you smoking, there was never an announcement about it being removed and the PC version never had a voiceover for friendly fire